Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

Cubs/Brewers last regular season series of the season starts tonight. Cubs are now only 2 games ahead of the Brewers.

The table is set for some good baseball at Wrigley.

Definetly be checking these games out.

The Cubs are gonna fock around and lose this thing. Carl Edwards Jr. simply can't be trusted.

I live around more than a few arrogant Cardinal fans who love giving me sh!t,the only thing worse than what you're suggesting would be for the Cubbies to totally miss the postseason and the Cards sneak in. I may have to kill someone.

I live around more than a few arrogant Cardinal fans who love giving me sh!t,the only thing worse than what you're suggesting would be for the Cubbies to totally miss the postseason and the Cards sneak in. I may have to kill someone.

One thing Brewer fans and Cub fans can agree on, Fock the Cardinals!

• Like 1

It could happen. None of those 3 teams are dominant, but theyre arguably the top 3 in the NL.

One thing Brewer fans and Cub fans can agree on, Fock the Cardinals!

I live in NW Missouri so the Royals are my #1 and any diehard KC fan feels the same.I became a Cubs fan in '81 when I went to college in South Missouri and was surrounded by fockin' arrogant Cards fans.It worked out okay though as KC owns their ass in the only I-70 World series.

Excited that the Braves are 6½ up on the Phillies with 17 to go and seven of them against the Phillies... I know it isn't over, but it is looking good at the moment...

Excited that the Braves are 6½ up on the Phillies with 17 to go and seven of them against the Phillies... I know it isn't over, but it is looking good at the moment...

Yep. Theyre in real good shape

After a nail-biting game(until the 9th)--Brew Crew one back of Chicago with 15 to go. If Milwaukee needs to keep winning series I think they pass Chicago, cause that team is playing tired, and only have 1 off day between now and season's end(make-up games).

The year they expanded to two WC teams, I was like WTF---it happened right after a season where two divisions/playoffs teams came down to the last out in 2 games, why take away that excitement. But after a couple of years of watching I like, makes being a WC team, much harder---one game playoff, probably best starter can only make one start in next series, appropriate disadvantage for not winning the division. Really hoping the Brewers can avoid that fate.

After a nail-biting game(until the 9th)--Brew Crew one back of Chicago with 15 to go. If Milwaukee needs to keep winning series I think they pass Chicago, cause that team is playing tired, and only have 1 off day between now and season's end(make-up games).

The year they expanded to two WC teams, I was like WTF---it happened right after a season where two divisions/playoffs teams came down to the last out in 2 games, why take away that excitement. But after a couple of years of watching I like, makes being a WC team, much harder---one game playoff, probably best starter can only make one start in next series, appropriate disadvantage for not winning the division. Really hoping the Brewers can avoid that fate.

The Brewers bullpen is a major force. Theyve had the Cubs on their heels every time Ive watched this year.

As a KC Royals fan first and foremost I'm torn because I love seeing Cain and Moose do well but then again hating all things Cardinals I do love the Cubbies,I realize same division but nothing IMO can replace Cards/Cubs rivalry.

Yanks fading. No one is stepping up. Sanchez is a bumb.

It will be a big deal if Oakland overtakes them for the top WC spot. Having to fly across country for a one-game playoff and then having to fly back to Boston the next day is not a fun one even if you do win.

Can't underestimate the Cubs being tired. 30 straight days of playing in different cities takes it's toll. Maddon has been mixing things up trying to get guys a day off here and there but it's not enough. The Brewers are only a game back, but it feels like they're in the driver's seat right now.

It will be a big deal if Oakland overtakes them for the top WC spot. Having to fly across country for a one-game playoff and then having to fly back to Boston the next day is not a fun one even if you do win.

I don't think it matters to Oakland right now... Yeah they would like to get the home game, but they are playing so well right now...

It is a shame that the Rays aren't like two games out of the second wildcard spot... Would really make things interesting...

Cubs won the game yesterday, put paid dearly for it. Strop pulled his hamstring running to 1B and wil miss at least 2 weeks.

He'd been filling the closer role since Morrow went down and Morrow isn't back for at least another week.

Bad news for the Cubs. Morrow is not coming back this season.

No word on Strops possible return and no other options for a closer.

I know rats ass.

Mets pitcher Matz homered last two starts. No MLB pitcher has ever homered in three straight starts.

Hope he makes history- he's a Long Island guy. :cheers:

• Like 1

Who you got for MVP?

In my biased opinion, its Baez in the NL

More homers, rbis, stolen bases and runs than Yelich. Also a higher slugging %.

Yelich has a better avg and OPS.

Baezs ability to dominate on defense from 3 positions puts him over the top.

On a side note, Zobrist is making a run at the batting title. Hes up to .315 after last night.

I go

Baez, Yelich, Story

who would have thought on a team with Rizzo and Bryant, that Baez would be their best player, hes absolutely carried them in a down year from Rizzo and injury plagued Bryant season

I go

Baez, Yelich, Story

who would have thought on a team with Rizzo and Bryant, that Baez would be their best player, hes absolutely carried them in a down year from Rizzo and injury plagued Bryant season

He really has.

I mentioned his stolen bases but his overall base running should count for something as well. Its downright Charlie

Hustle-ish.

In the AL, Id say Martinez edges Betts.

At this point, hes a long shot to beat Betts batting avg and nab the triple crown, but hes damned close.

I think it comes down to either of those two, leaving Bregman and Trout out of the race.

At this point, hes a long shot to beat Betts batting avg and nab the triple crown, but hes damned close.

I think it comes down to either of those two, leaving Bregman and Trout out of the race.

The thing is, Betts is a better fielder and on the base paths. His WAR is a 10 (tops in the league) and Martinez is at a 5.9 (16th in MLB).

The thing is, Betts is a better fielder and on the base paths. His WAR is a 10 (tops in the league) and Martinez is at a 5.9 (16th in MLB).

Good point. His defense and base running should count for something. (See my previous comments about Baez).

Im fine with either one but I think the voters might be swayed by JDs power numbers. Betts has a disadvantage in RBIs due to the batting order.

Do people still watch baseball regularly? I know the playoffs and world series is good tv, but do people tune in during the season anymore? How about the stat geeks?

I mean 160 focking games who really cares until October lol.

No love for Ramirez?

Do people still watch baseball regularly? I know the playoffs and world series is good tv, but do people tune in during the season anymore?

I watch baseball all the time. Try to catch as much as I can each day.

Cubs Addison Russell was put on admin leave because of domestic abuse allegations.

Hes probably done with the Cubs. He wont be on the playoff roster and will likely be released before next season.

So much promise when he first came up.

"It could be a BBC night for the Indians, Bauer-Bieber-Carrasco"

- Karl Ravech

Hey Karl, why don't you google "BBC night" for us on air.

When the Brewers went into complete rebuild mode, trade every veteran away for 'potential' talent(mostly at the AA level), the thinking was maybe in 2018 the team might compete for a wild card & by 2019 those players would have developed enough to challenge for the division. 4 games left, .5 games out of first. Go Brew Crew Go!

When the Brewers went into complete rebuild mode, trade every veteran away for 'potential' talent(mostly at the AA level), the thinking was maybe in 2018 the team might compete for a wild card & by 2019 those players would have developed enough to challenge for the division. 4 games left, .5 games out of first. Go Brew Crew Go!

I know the cubs have played 35 games in 36 days, they just look tired.