Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Not a catch?

The thing I don't get about it is when these plays happen on the sidelines.

How can a guy who hasn't completed a catch not be ruled out of bounds while he's rolling around on the sidelines, completing the catch?

Assume you're talking about a quick toe tap play. The catch is considered instantaneous. So the moment you grab the ball and both feet are down it is a catch.

Note that if you bobble the ball after that initial grab, it isn't a catch.

I fixed this for you.

And exactly as NFL refs would have done incorrectly. You are a very good copycat of terrible input.

The real irony is that the call was consistent with calls we see every week. Yet, because the call was in NE's favor, there are tons of people here and across the internet that think the league is in cahoots with the Pats. Which is exactly the opposite of your claim.

The Patriot hatred is palpable. You are living proof of that. Look at your post and its bizarre claims. And you wonder why they stick up for themselves?

I whole heartedly disagree with you. It's quit possible it's because I live smack dab in Patriotville. But on a week in week out basis its if something goes their way, its because they're better than you. If something goes against them, the league hates them. If a team gets beat, people say that sucks, but it happens. The fans here , if the Pats get beat, whine and cry they got screwed.

Case in point. Last year's game against Seattle. Probably 19 out of 20 people cried how Seattle cheated. Kam should've been flagged on the last play. The refs blew the game. We cheat. Cry, whine, complain. 1 person said wow, what a great game. These 2 teams alawys put up classic games against eachother. Good luck and I hope we meet again.

1 person. And that's what it is around here. Every week, every year. No one I work with, monday morning said the Steelers almost had us, if we play again it'll be a good one. Every single person said, it wasn't a catch, the Steelers suck.. We won because we're better and know the rules.. We hear this stuff every day, from just about EVERY PERSON.

:cry:

I will flat out say the Steelers were the better team and should have won that game. But coaching cost them at the end, as it usually does. I am still stunned at how the Steelers reacted during the review process. That review was like the Steelers being 2 time outs. It was 200 seconds, 3 freaking minutes!!! They should have had 2 plays called, and neither of them should have been the pass to DHB for 3 yrds from the 10 yrd line. Tomlin should have had the team together during the review and called 2 plays plus the FG on 4th down, and the 2 plays on 2nd and 3rd down should both be to the endzone. The instructions should be "find someone in the endzone or throw the ball away, do not take a sack and do not throw short of the endzone." There were 28 seconds left and they let 23 of them tick off on that stupid pass to DHB. Then Ben makes the horrible error in judgment with the fake spike where one guy is running a route into the coverage of like 6 guys. And again, even before that, on the drive that Brady made to get the lead, freakin Gronk is the only guy that's hurt you. Brady threw for 298 yards, but 168 of them were to Gronk and you don't think it's a good idea to double him on the final drive?!?! :wall:

I will flat out say the Steelers were the better team and should have won that game. But coaching cost them at the end, as it usually does. I am still stunned at how the Steelers reacted during the review process. That review was like the Steelers being 2 time outs. It was 200 seconds, 3 freaking minutes!!! They should have had 2 plays called, and neither of them should have been the pass to DHB for 3 yrds from the 10 yrd line. Tomlin should have had the team together during the review and called 2 plays plus the FG on 4th down, and the 2 plays on 2nd and 3rd down should both be to the endzone. The instructions should be "find someone in the endzone or throw the ball away, do not take a sack and do not throw short of the endzone." There were 28 seconds left and they let 23 of them tick off on that stupid pass to DHB. Then Ben makes the horrible error in judgment with the fake spike where one guy is running a route into the coverage of like 6 guys. And again, even before that, on the drive that Brady made to get the lead, freakin Gronk is the only guy that's hurt you. Brady threw for 298 yards, but 168 of them were to Gronk and you don't think it's a good idea to double him on the final drive?!?! :wall:

Agreed, never, EVER throw it to the middle. Way too many variables you can't control.

Just like the Seattle SuperBowl. I wish they would have run the ball. BUT, if you're gonna pass, that is ok. Just never over the middle. It's a fade to the corner EVERY time. If it's a TD, then awesome. If it's incomplete, then it's the same as a spike.

No need to get tricky. Jut do what your supposed to do.

Agreed, never, EVER throw it to the middle. Way too many variables you can't control.

Just like the Seattle SuperBowl. I wish they would have run the ball. BUT, if you're gonna pass, that is ok. Just never over the middle. It's a fade to the corner EVERY time. If it's a TD, then awesome. If it's incomplete, then it's the same as a spike.

No need to get tricky. Jut do what your supposed to do.

It's funny, i think it's proof positive of just how stupid the coaching fraternity actually is. Tomlin is probably one of the better thought of coaches around the league and regularly does stupid sh!t like this. What's that say about the rest of the coaches?

:thumbsup:

thank you - at least somebody gets it.

Not sure if we'll see you again in the Playoffs... it'll be a heck of a game... and I hope you understand that I'll still have complete faith in NE winning against PIT because of the edge NE has at Coach and QB... PIT is the better team overall... they are more talented... they get every check in their column except those two... Coach, QB... and come playoff time, it's always tight games... the clock matters A LOT and I just don't see Tomlin/Ben suddenly becoming something they haven't ever been against NE.

A player and a ref call blew that game. That interception was a terrible QB decision. The coaches had enough faith in Ben not to screw that up like he did.

It is hilarious that people think that catch or non-catch is the reason the Steelers lost the game. Not one person in this thread has brought up the fact that the Steelers' first touchdown should not have been a touchdown because there was an offensive lineman 4 yards down the field when the pass was thrown. A penalty flag was even thrown because of that, but the flag was picked up and then they said there was no penalty. If you go back and look at the play there 100% was a penalty for illegal man downfield that should have been called which would have taken back that touchdown. Funny how Steelers fans talk about the NFL favoring NE but they were given a TD earlier in the game. The only reason it is different is because it was not one of the last plays of the game and no one really remembers it.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/12/19/pittsburgh-columnist-patriots-favorable-treatment-from-nfl-wrong-hurley/

:pointstosky: Thread right there. Sums it up very well, thank you.