Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

How close are you to another geek?

Had scrapple and a soft pretzel for breakfast, then put the Rocky soundtrack on the iPod and jogged up the art museum steps this AM. Planning to head down to Girard and Frankford to celebrate the big win later.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! :pointstosky:

Good luck bro!!! Third times a charm. :cheers:

I love this SB. It couldn't have turned our any better unless the Bears were in it. The Patriots, my second favorite team (because of Brady's and Belichik) vs Nick Foles, who I have always rooted for

But I do genuinely despise the jack ass Eagles fans

I care immensely. Im looking at charts and maps, measuring distances between bridges etc.

So fishtown is just north of Ben Franklin bridge and a good ways south of Betsy Ross bridge. MDC said he lived 3 miles from Betsy Ross but spotting him a generous mile or so that puts Fishtown indeed around 8 miles away. It is thus impossible for him to live 3 miles from the bridge and be in fishtown, even with a generous spot. It is also improbable for a person who has marketed themselves as a lifetime son of Philadelphia, die hard philly fanatic, basically Rockys nephew, to be THAT far off in his assessment of his residence.

Therefore, using the facts presented, I declare MDC to be lying about where he lives. Thats the end of it.

Good work Tan

I always thought Worms and I were close, but since that woman got her claws in him, he never calls anymore. <_<

Its probably about the same distance for you if you head east or west I would think.

I dunno. It's 12 time zones but I've never flown it over Europe and the Atlantic, only over the Pacific.

I dunno. It's 12 time zones but I've never flown it over Europe and the Atlantic, only over the Pacific.

Actually, the shortest route is probably over the North Pole.

I know when I fly home (Shanghai to Chicago usually) we go way up into Siberia, cross the Bering strait, Alaska, and Canada. Youre a good deal further west too.

Actually, the shortest route is probably over the North Pole.

I know when I fly home (Shanghai to Chicago usually) we go way up into Siberia, cross the Bering strait, Alaska, and Canada. Youre a good deal further west too.

Yeah well, that doesn't mean much, I always take the cheapest flight path which usually includes 2-3 layovers.

Yeah well, that doesn't mean much, I always take the cheapest flight path which usually includes 2-3 layovers.

Of course. Me too. When I was in zhengzhou, Id take the train to Beijing and fly from there to Chicago, thence to Memphis.

Last year was Shenzhen to shanghai to Chicago to Memphis.

On the way back I got lucky. Memphis to Atlanta to Seattle to Shenzhen. I love it not having a connection after the long hop. Unfortunately that is not possible going to Memphis, as it obviously doesnt have a direct flight to or from Asia.

Next year we will take a direct flight Shenzhen or Hong Kong to LA. Wander around Cali and Nevada a bit, then fly from Vegas to Memphis.

My parents have Memphis to Atlanta to Seoul to Manila in a couple weeks for the wedding, then a two hour plus drive into the hinterland. Theyll be first class, but thats still gonna blow.

Anyone live near Gloucester Mass?

:doublethumbsup: the only fish town I've ever known.

Bert and I did some heavy petting back in the day. A little over the shirt action, but definitely no butt stuff.

Edjr is close to some depending on which backstory he is going with that week. Hes either from the south or New England on any given day.

Are you inferring I have ever not told the truth about myself? When have I ever said I was from the souf? I lived in Miami for 3 months in 2004 (Jan, Feb, Mar)

:doublethumbsup: the only fish town I've ever known.

Hey Chris! What's shaking?

Hey Chris! What's shaking?

Hi Ed, same old stuff different year. Hope you are well :cheers:

Hi Ed, same old stuff different year. Hope you are well :cheers:

My kid on the right a few weeks ago. (he'll be 5 in August)

https://s8.postimg.cc/fl6ac4yad/IMG_9322.jpg

We bumped into gutterboy at the carnival and he was nice enough to pose with my son.

My kid on the right a few weeks ago. (he'll be 5 in August)

https://s8.postimg.cc/fl6ac4yad/IMG_9322.jpg

We bumped into gutterboy at the carnival and he was nice enough to pose with my son.

:lol: Good to see some things never change

It's amazing how fast they grow up. Mine's a teenager now, I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my head around that one.

:lol: Good to see some things never change

It's amazing how fast they grow up. Mine's a teenager now, I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my head around that one.

you were childless (I think) when we hung out :o

amazing.

On 12/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, tanatastic said:

I care immensely. I’m looking at charts and maps, measuring distances between bridges etc.

So fishtown is just north of Ben Franklin bridge and a good ways south of Betsy Ross bridge. MDC said he lived 3 miles from Betsy Ross but spotting him a generous mile or so that puts Fishtown indeed around 8 miles away. It is thus impossible for him to live 3 miles from the bridge and be in fishtown, even with a generous spot. It is also improbable for a person who has marketed themselves as a lifetime son of Philadelphia, die hard philly fanatic, basically Rocky’s nephew, to be THAT far off in his assessment of his residence.

Therefore, using the facts presented, I declare MDC to be lying about where he lives. That’s the end of it.

Classic! 

I know we have some Michigan guys here. If you ever wanna get a beer lemme know. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I know we have some Michigan guys here. If you ever wanna get a beer lemme know. 

In.

Met swirven and Cdub for golf once.

Had dinner with Add!ct...wherever she is now.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

In.

She got married and had a baby and did not want to associate with us anymore. Although I bet she still lurks as an alias. Hi little bird. We seeeeee you. 

Just now, kilroy69 said:

She got married and had a baby and did not want to associate with us anymore. 

Good for her

On 7/7/2018 at 10:34 PM, Mookz said:

I always thought Worms and I were close, but since that woman got her claws in him, he never calls anymore. <_<

I guess it wasn't because of his woman.  :(

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

She got married and had a baby and did not want to associate with us anymore. Although I bet she still lurks as an alias. Hi little bird. We seeeeee you. 

It's a moth...

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

In.

Weren't you an OG member of the Metro Detroit FF league? We had our first draft at Bdubs if I remember correctly.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Weren't you an OG member of the Metro Detroit FF league? We had our first draft at Bdubs if I remember correctly.

Wow I completely forgot about that.  I was!

23 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Wow I completely forgot about that.  I was!

I was in that league at the end. Went to a draft at Danzone’s house one year

6 minutes ago, nospk said:

I was in that league at the end. Went to a draft at Danzone’s house one year

His mom made us cupcakes.

I'm too lazy to scroll thru all of this to see what I posted earlier, so I'll say that back ~10 years ago I met a bunch of geeks on business trips -- Sacramento (well, Orange), Long Beach, Minnesota were sites that I recall.  I think I was supposed to meet GratefulTed in Oregon but he bagged (as did SpottedOwl).  Met a few people in Phoenix (Autumn Wind and McBokonon for some blasts from the past), and also Greedo who is one of two geeks my wife has met.  Officially...  The other is Bier Meister who along with Bert is the only Geek in the past 5+ years I've met; met Bier almost 2 years ago (time flies) in the Napa area.  He got us a semi-private tour of Silver Oak which was the shizznit -- he is good people.  As is Bert; met him twice, most recently this past November in Vegas with his woman.  :cheers:

Phoenix is sorely lacking in Geeks -- I can only think of ShorePatrol and Big Guy.  Both live an hour from me in different directions and each roots for shiotty football teams (Niners and Cowboys) so I can't imagine an excuse to meat.  :D  We used to have more:  Greedo and McBokonon, and that tall guy with the lung transplant.  JM?  He used to live really close to me, probably still does.  It's kinda hard to believe based on sheer size that we don't have more here statistically.

I'm not sure how much my new job will involve travel as the role is evolving, but I can see myself in the Denver area occasionally -- I'd certainly meet Strike, hell Wiff as well.  I could also see Torrance, and I know there are some LA geeks but that is a large freaking geography.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I'm too lazy to scroll thru all of this to see what I posted earlier, so I'll say that back ~10 years ago I met a bunch of geeks on business trips -- Sacramento (well, Orange), Long Beach, Minnesota were sites that I recall.  I think I was supposed to meet GratefulTed in Oregon but he bagged (as did SpottedOwl).  Met a few people in Phoenix (Autumn Wind and McBokonon for some blasts from the past), and also Greedo who is one of two geeks my wife has met.  Officially...  The other is Bier Meister who along with Bert is the only Geek in the past 5+ years I've met; met Bier almost 2 years ago (time flies) in the Napa area.  He got us a semi-private tour of Silver Oak which was the shizznit -- he is good people.  As is Bert; met him twice, most recently this past November in Vegas with his woman.  :cheers:

Phoenix is sorely lacking in Geeks -- I can only think of ShorePatrol and Big Guy.  Both live an hour from me in different directions and each roots for shiotty football teams (Niners and Cowboys) so I can't imagine an excuse to meat.  :D  We used to have more:  Greedo and McBokonon, and that tall guy with the lung transplant.  JM?  He used to live really close to me, probably still does.  It's kinda hard to believe based on sheer size that we don't have more here statistically.

I'm not sure how much my new job will involve travel as the role is evolving, but I can see myself in the Denver area occasionally -- I'd certainly meet Strike, hell Wiff as well.  I could also see Torrance, and I know there are some LA geeks but that is a large freaking geography.

I remember in 2017 i was traveling to phoenix every week and you and I talked about a beer but i never followed up cause i suck at that stuff

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I remember in 2017 i was traveling to phoenix every week and you and I talked about a beer but i never followed up cause i suck at that stuff

I don't recall that but that reminds me that I'm surprised I never made a Michigan geek meat work.  My wife's family is there after all.  Generally in Bloomfield Hills and adjoining areas these days, although in recent years we've also vacationed on Gun Lake near Grand Rapids.  :cheers:

Nobody else in Savannah.  Dolfan did live here but as soon as he met me he moved.  :dunno:

9 hours ago, supermike80 said:

In.

How did she look on a 10 scale?

Ever meet up with Sho to help him with his daily homemaker duties?

Didn't know Big Guy was close. I knew Skids was. Skids is a bit too "refined" (That's a compliment :cheers:) to hang out with. Sux I could hang with , getting focked up arguing what song is getting played next is more my thing:wub:

9 hours ago, BirdGang said:

How did she look on a 10 scale?

Ever meet up with Sho to help him with his daily homemaker duties?

She was really cute.  We had a good time

16 hours ago, jerryskids said:

53 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Wow, thanks I guess.  I wasn't caught up in that thread, but now that you remind me I think I knew that.  :(

Here is the spooky part... last night my wife and I had a bottle of wine from an AZ winery called Chateau Tumbleweed at a wine bar; no reason other than it caught my eye and we like trying local stuff.  I read the obit you posted and it said he retired in Clarkdale, a place "made to retire in."  I'm not familiar with it so I mapped it.  Small town between Prescott and Sedona, and smack in the middle of Google Maps was... Chateau Tumbleweed.  :unsure:

Our family is going to Prescott next month for a long weekend; I think I'll propose we head up to that winery and I'll raise a glass to JT.  And the rest of my family will think I'm crazy, but that's nothing new.  :cheers: