Sign in to follow this  
edjr

What an incredibly charmed season the Dipps had

Thank you all who made this possible Team MVP Travis Kecle and the MFL schedule makers

Not a single player in the top 25 in scoring. We did it with team work and a solid all around lineup.

:first:

I believe the El Padrino speaks for all when he says that we are relieved to see you posting Ed. As you briefly exited the room after the successful score of the early games, leaving your knife on the table only for MmmmBeer to sadly pocket it, things were looking dire. The plot twist that resulted in the Narc symbolically kicking the windshield as he desperately gasped for breath and David Carr points was a complete shock to the viewers. The expected denouement, that of Doc Gooden circa 1986 victory parade, was happily avoided.

As stated previously, El Division Padrino has now had 3 different franchises win 4 of the past 6 championships. This is the definition of domination. Besides that obviousness and the poor quality of said final, this was good for the league. In Ed, we have a large personality that is capable of garnering large ratings. If there were a parallel to compare this DNDL victory with, we could look to a less important league such as the NFL and their 2006 Championship. The Pittsburgh Steelers managed to win that title behind Ben Roethlisberger's 9 of 21 effort that lead to 123 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 Interceptions. Sure, it was ugly, but it brought a marquee franchise back into play. And now approximately a decade later, nobody recalls that inept effort so much as they recall the ring won.

Ed, it hasn't been the smoothest ride, but you've built a solid team. As you've stated, depth carried you. Eight (8) RBs that scored 100+ points, while nobody else had more than five such RBs. You ended up with the 2nd best WR group (based on point differential) and the very best TE group in our league..... The greatest kudos we can give is that you did an amazing job of playing the matchups with your allotment of RBs and average QBs. If one looks at the advanced stats found via our site's Power Rankings page, you could have lost 8 more games (most in the league) had you made the wrong moves, yet you ended up with the best record while also finishing 1st in efficiency as your scored 84.9% of the points available to you. Simply amazing and worthy of this title.

As for the Narc.....some will say the bright lights lead to jitters this week. But the wisest amongst us will point to December 10th, a thread simply titled Wentz, and a giddy 10+ year proclamation as the day you lost your cool under the bright lights. But know that you are not alone in said losing of cool. See 2008, when a young Blood Bombs franchise reached our inaugural championship and stared across the ring at a 13-1 Village Idiots squad. I had been starting a red hot New England Quarterback named Matt Cassel that had scored 30+ points on 4 of the past 6 weeks. But as I considered this matchup, I saw snow in Boston. Lots and lots of snow. I panicked and inserted a rookie named Matt Ryan into my lineup. The Patriots QB was unaffected by the snow, scoring 31 points to Ryan's 10, as The Blood Bombs lost a title game by a score of 87 to 84. I learned a lesson that day, and that lesson lead to my becoming the greatest and most powerful franchise in our universe's league history. MmmmBeer, you to can grow from this. The fans, and more importantly The Padrino, have complete faith in you.

Congratulations to Ed on his well earned title and his arrival as a Tier 1 franchise. Congrats to MmmmmBeer on a quality season in which he amassed building blocks for a bright future while learning what it takes to achieve greatness. It was a powerful season that will only strengthen us for the glory that is to come in 2019.

I believe the El Padrino speaks for all when he says that we are relieved to see you posting Ed. As you briefly exited the room after the successful score of the early games, leaving your knife on the table only for MmmmBeer to sadly pocket it, things were looking dire. The plot twist that resulted in the Narc symbolically kicking the windshield as he desperately gasped for breath and David Carr points was a complete shock to the viewers. The expected denouement, that of Doc Gooden circa 1986 victory parade, was happily avoided.

As stated previously, El Division Padrino has now had 3 different franchises win 4 of the past 6 championships. This is the definition of domination. Besides that obviousness and the poor quality of said final, this was good for the league. In Ed, we have a large personality that is capable of garnering large ratings. If there were a parallel to compare this DNDL victory with, we could look to a less important league such as the NFL and their 2006 Championship. The Pittsburgh Steelers managed to win that title behind Ben Roethlisberger's 9 of 21 effort that lead to 123 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 Interceptions. Sure, it was ugly, but it brought a marquee franchise back into play. And now approximately a decade later, nobody recalls that inept effort so much as they recall the ring won.

Ed, it hasn't been the smoothest ride, but you've built a solid team. As you've stated, depth carried you. Eight (8) RBs that scored 100+ points, while nobody else had more than five such RBs. You ended up with the 2nd best WR group (based on point differential) and the very best TE group in our league..... The greatest kudos we can give is that you did an amazing job of playing the matchups with your allotment of RBs and average QBs. If one looks at the advanced stats found via our site's Power Rankings page, you could have lost 8 more games (most in the league) had you made the wrong moves, yet you ended up with the best record while also finishing 1st in efficiency as your scored 84.9% of the points available to you. Simply amazing and worthy of this title.

As for the Narc.....some will say the bright lights lead to jitters this week. But the wisest amongst us will point to December 10th, a thread simply titled Wentz, and a giddy 10+ year proclamation as the day you lost your cool under the bright lights. But know that you are not alone in said losing of cool. See 2008, when a young Blood Bombs franchise reached our inaugural championship and stared across the ring at a 13-1 Village Idiots squad. I had been starting a red hot New England Quarterback named Matt Cassel that had scored 30+ points on 4 of the past 6 weeks. But as I considered this matchup, I saw snow in Boston. Lots and lots of snow. I panicked and inserted a rookie named Matt Ryan into my lineup. The Patriots QB was unaffected by the snow, scoring 31 points to Ryan's 10, as The Blood Bombs lost a title game by a score of 87 to 84. I learned a lesson that day, and that lesson lead to my becoming the greatest and most powerful franchise in our universe's league history. MmmmBeer, you to can grow from this. The fans, and more importantly The Padrino, have complete faith in you.

Congratulations to Ed on his well earned title and his arrival as a Tier 1 franchise. Congrats to MmmmmBeer on a quality season in which he amassed building blocks for a bright future while learning what it takes to achieve greatness. It was a powerful season that will only strengthen us for the glory that is to come in 2019.

:cry:

Thank you Chris.

I am emotional wreck today.

Had the greatest Christmas ever with my son, and his mom and her family and then received this email today from someone whom I helped over the weekend at work, sent to my boss and HR.

I just wanted to let you know that I ran into a problem with my droid on Christmas Eve and reached out to IT for assistance.

Ed responded in less than 10 minutes! While we were not able to resolve the problem – I actually need to bring the phone into a store to get it fixed – it was wonderful to know that even on a long holiday weekend our IT guys are there!!

To top it off, Ed stopped in first thing this morning to check in with me about my device. Stellar service!!!

Woke up today to a fantasy title.

i'm a puddle.

we let the worst team name in all of fantasy sports everything, win the title?

shame

congrats Ed :cheers:

we let the worst team name in all of fantasy sports everything, win the title?

shame

congrats Ed :cheers:

it all started with an improbable 99 to 97 week 1 win over my buddy Pat, who couldn't handle the loss and promptly quit the league.

I killed off more teams than aids this year.

Congrats Ed!

Now you can quit while at the top.

:cheers:

Done.