Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Anyone cook with an Air Fryer

MIL gave me one for Christmas.  Its just meh.  It takes up alot of room and I really havent used it alot. I guess I need some good recipes.

Wife got one this year.  I love it.  Healthy eating.....She cooks sweet potatoes fries, fired pickles, all sorts of stuff in that thing.  No grease.

Big Fan. 

30 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Wife got one this year.  I love it.  Healthy eating.....She cooks sweet potatoes fries, fired pickles, all sorts of stuff in that thing.  No grease.

Big Fan. 

Why did she fire the pickles? Did they get snappy with her? 

Just got one this week.  Excited to use it.   

Tonight I am going for panko crusted mustard sage fried chicken tenders with onion rings.   Hope it turns out

i have two onion ring recipes for you:

2 or 3 onions

1-2 C flour

3 eggs

1/2 C milk

1-2 C bread crumb

1-2 C corn meal

slice your onions.... your call on how thick.

set 3 dishes side by side. 1st is seasoned flour. 2nd is 3 eggs with 1/2 cup milk. 3rd is your choice of bread crumbs, corn meal.

dredge onions in flour, coat in egg, coat again in final layer...deep fry until golden.

2 large onions, halved, thinly sliced

1 cup buttermilk

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tablespoon salt

2 teaspoons paprika

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Vegetable oil (for frying)

Separate onions into strips. Mix with buttermilk in large bowl. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)

Stir flour, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper in another large bowl. Drain onions. Add to flour mixture and toss to coat. Pour oil into heavy saucepan to depth of 3 inches. Heat to 350°F. Working in small batches, shake excess flour off onions and cook in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer onions to paper towels and drain.

Transfer onions to platter. Season with salt.

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

i have two onion ring recipes for you:

2 or 3 onions

1-2 C flour

3 eggs

1/2 C milk

1-2 C bread crumb

1-2 C corn meal

slice your onions.... your call on how thick.

set 3 dishes side by side. 1st is seasoned flour. 2nd is 3 eggs with 1/2 cup milk. 3rd is your choice of bread crumbs, corn meal.

dredge onions in flour, coat in egg, coat again in final layer...deep fry until golden.

2 large onions, halved, thinly sliced

1 cup buttermilk

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tablespoon salt

2 teaspoons paprika

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Vegetable oil (for frying)

Separate onions into strips. Mix with buttermilk in large bowl. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)

Stir flour, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper in another large bowl. Drain onions. Add to flour mixture and toss to coat. Pour oil into heavy saucepan to depth of 3 inches. Heat to 350°F. Working in small batches, shake excess flour off onions and cook in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer onions to paper towels and drain.

Transfer onions to platter. Season with salt.

What is all this jibber jabber???  My onion rings come in a bag from the grocery store already done........

• Haha 1

I had trout with asparagus cooked in one of those things a little while ago. Was very good. But it's awkward putting artoo-detoo up on the kitchen counter.

31 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

What is all this jibber jabber???  My onion rings come in a bag from the grocery store already done........

well shoot... if we are just going with frozen pre-made items: 

egg/spring rolls

chimichangas

taquitos/roll tacos/flautas

jalapeno poppers

churros

samosa

tots

shrimp: coconut, fried, tempura, etc

fish & chips

hit trader joe's frozen section

16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

well shoot... if we are just going with frozen pre-made items: 

egg/spring rolls

chimichangas

taquitos/roll tacos/flautas

jalapeno poppers

churros

samosa

tots

shrimp: coconut, fried, tempura, etc

fish & chips

hit trader joe's frozen section

I'll add

any frozen wings/patties/tenders/nugets

frozen fish (any type)

Frozen soft pretzels

Hash Browns

Mozz sticks

potato skins

French bread pizza

garlic knots

• Like 1

Posted on another board by me so this is a pure copy/paste situation.  However here is an update--   and I know, rats ass.

So far I have made the following:

Chicken Wings....Cooked perfectly.   Really nice.  Crispy skin, meaty and moist on the inside.  If I can find the right rub/sauce..Yes. Might buy some carribbean jerk from Buffalo Wild wings..Love that stuff.

Tater tots / Ore Ida Crispy crowns.   Cooked great but I needed to add a minute or two on the timer.

Frozen Onion rings...Utterly perfect.

Hot dogs.  I saw this recipe.  Tossed a couple in, then put them in buns and cooked for 2 more minutes with cheese..OUTSTANDING...I will never eat a hot dog at home a different way

Precooked sausage and baked potatoes.  These air fryers really fry well.  The sausage looked and tasted like it was cooked on the grill.  Even my wife was impressed.  Baked potatoes had a crispy skin and were a tiny but underdone--but not the air fryer fault.   

Trying to think if there has been anything else.  Clearly Im a little excited about the damn thing.  But right now I would say totally recommended!!!

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Posted on another board by me so this is a pure copy/paste situation.  However here is an update--   and I know, rats ass.

So far I have made the following:

Chicken Wings....Cooked perfectly.   Really nice.  Crispy skin, meaty and moist on the inside.  If I can find the right rub/sauce..Yes. Might buy some carribbean jerk from Buffalo Wild wings..Love that stuff.

Tater tots / Ore Ida Crispy crowns.   Cooked great but I needed to add a minute or two on the timer.

Frozen Onion rings...Utterly perfect.

Hot dogs.  I saw this recipe.  Tossed a couple in, then put them in buns and cooked for 2 more minutes with cheese..OUTSTANDING...I will never eat a hot dog at home a different way

Precooked sausage and baked potatoes.  These air fryers really fry well.  The sausage looked and tasted like it was cooked on the grill.  Even my wife was impressed.  Baked potatoes had a crispy skin and were a tiny but underdone--but not the air fryer fault.   

Trying to think if there has been anything else.  Clearly Im a little excited about the damn thing.  But right now I would say totally recommended!!!

Tyson makes a tequila lime wings in a bag...

Holy hell they are awesome in an air fryer!!!

i wasn't sure the mustard/sage was going to work for you... but wanted to let it play out.  

I may get rid of the deep fryer and go for one of these.... verdict still pending.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

i wasn't sure the mustard/sage was going to work for you... but wanted to let it play out.  

I may get rid of the deep fryer and go for one of these.... verdict still pending.

Yeah.  Bad idea.  But now I know. 

16 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Tyson makes a tequila lime wings in a bag...

Holy hell they are awesome in an air fryer!!!

Im on that!

28 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Well did you ?

Haven’t bought one yet 

40 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Looking at this one:

Breville® Smart Oven® Air Fryer Pro

This was just on Slickdeals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/15596002-cuisinart-toa-60-stainless-steel-airfryer-toaster-oven-100-target-gc-230-free-shipping?prop=rcmid-0a49c2fad97de39f83ac8a5a9536bb66&src=foryou_recombee

Looks like the deal is still good so after gift card for future use, it's basically 130.