Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Any of You Been To The Resort at Pedregal in Cabo?

My parents will be celebrating their 50 anniversary in April. They thought about going to Acapulco because that is where they went on their honeymoon but given the situation they want to do Cabo. They are old and don't want to be around a bunch of power drinkers so most of the resorts and hotels around the harbor are out. They like waves more than the beach so I was looking at Pedregal. I like Solar Mar Grande and that will be my default.

My parents will be celebrating their 50 anniversary in April. They thought about going to Acapulco because that is where they went on their honeymoon but given the situation they want to do Cabo. They are old and don't want to be around a bunch of power drinkers so most of the resorts and hotels around the harbor are out. They like waves more than the beach so I was looking at Pedregal. I like Solar Mar Grande and that will be my default.

Yes. It's very nice, and refined. They'll like it. The restaurant...Farallon IIRC, is pretty incredible (very $$$$), but seating is on various height platforms right on the cliffs. They have propane pedestal heaters throughout, because on a cool night it can be uncomfortable without them. If you sit on the lowest platform you can actually get slightly sprayed by the waves crashing against the rocks.

That is not a rowdy Spring Break crowd. It may be the nicest resort in Cabo.

I have several friends who have timeshares outside of Cabo in a place called Diamanté, and we go to Pedregal for dinner at least one night every time we go to Cabo.

Yes. It's very nice, and refined. They'll like it. The restaurant...Farallon IIRC, is pretty incredible (very $$$$), but seating is on various height platforms right on the cliffs. They have propane pedestal heaters throughout, because on a cool night it can be uncomfortable without them. If you sit on the lowest platform you can actually get slightly sprayed by the waves crashing against the rocks.

That is not a rowdy Spring Break crowd. It may be the nicest resort in Cabo.

I have several friends who have timeshares outside of Cabo in a place called Diamanté, and we go to Pedregal for dinner at least one night every time we go to Cabo.

:thumbsup: Thanks

• Like 1

I'd recommend the Marquis Los Cabos.,...nice small resort...has the closest rooms to the ocean, almost no nightlife. Very nice and relaxing.

Sunset Mona Lisa for dinner. Use Eco cat for tours.

Actually if you go to loscabosmagazine.com you can get 2 for 1 vouchers for excursions.

Lola's massage in the marina. Totally sketchy looking...but $25 hour long massages that were terrific.

Mexico is dangerous, bring them to minny. :wave:

Mexico is dangerous, bring them to minny. :wave:

:clap: It would certainly save me a helluva lot of money!

• Like 1

I'd recommend the Marquis Los Cabos.,...nice small resort...has the closest rooms to the ocean, almost no nightlife. Very nice and relaxing.

Sunset Mona Lisa for dinner. Use Eco cat for tours.

Actually if you go to loscabosmagazine.com you can get 2 for 1 vouchers for excursions.

Lola's massage in the marina. Totally sketchy looking...but $25 hour long massages that were terrific

How good is security?

How good is security?

I think I am looking for something north on the other side of the arch.

you doing that for them? Man that's nice of you. Love your folks. You going down with them?

Yes. Me and the girl are going with them.

• Like 1

Thanks!

very nice. we stayed in the villas so a little away from the main resort (not the cabo wabo vibe anyway). each villa has a jacuzzi on the patio.

Yes. Me and the girl are going with them.

Man, that's fantastic. Great dad, great kid. I hope you guys have a great time.

How good is security?

Oh fine....its about 10 minutes from Cabo along the interstate, on the beach....about as safe as it gets.

We actually liked being away from the other resorts...you can walk in either direction a long ways on the beach without other people around.

No matter where you stay i would recommend the loscabosmagazine.com vouchers...or at least use ECOCAT for susnset cruises, etc.

They were great....nice catamaran, not very packed...was terific,

No matter where you stay i would recommend the loscabosmagazine.com vouchers...or at least use ECOCAT for susnset cruises, etc.

They were great....nice catamaran, not very packed...was terific,

I agree it is a good mag. Thanks for the info.

Despite his hatred for the Midwest, Bert's a good focking dude.

• Like 1

Despite his hatred for the Midwest, Bert's a good focking dude.

I don't know. I think he's lying about having a girl. <_<

• Like 1

I don't know. I think he's lying about having a girl. <_<

Even Rocky Dennis could get laid if he had Bert's gig/bank.

Even Rocky Dennis could get laid if he had Bert's gig/bank.

You've seen what accountants look like, right? :unsure:

• Like 1

You've seen what accountants look like, right? :unsure:

I've met Bert before..... :ninja:

Rocky Dennis meets Norm Peterson isn't far off.

If Northern would ever leave that farm house of his I would gladly buy him a beer.