Sign in to follow this  
Kim Kard-ASS-ian and Kanye name their third kid...

I guess you fail to see the problem with that

Metacritic is for people who actually buy/listen to a product, which quite frankly is very few Americans. And those who do use metacritic are likely only hardcore fans/haters. I don't know anyone who actually owns a Van Halen record that owned it in like 1984 who would even bother with Meta

I guess you fail to see the problem with that

Metacritic is for people who actually buy/listen to a product, which quite frankly is very few Americans. And those who do use metacritic are likely only hardcore fans/haters. I don't know anyone who actually owns a Van Halen record that owned it in like 1984 who would even bother with Meta

So you are saying that the people that buy and listen to Kanyes albums ARENT the people with the most knowledgeable views on his music? :unsure:

Furthermore, i believe what I linked to was the aggregate of professional reviews from music critics across the country that write for major newspapers, magazines, websites, etc. Usually 30-50 reviews per album... and as a whole, theyve rated multiple albums by him to be the very best album in all of music released in a given year. Think on it.

And while I dont always agree with every critic, its a bit lazy to just dismiss their opinions as meaningless. I think its lazy to just fall back on the stance that all art is subjective, and therefore we can dismiss any evidence other than our own gut check opinion. Thats not to say you should just read the reviews and decide something is great. But if enough people are saying something is great, maybe its worth investigating before dismissing it as sucky.

And any reference to Van Halen by me was just me taking a pisss. I probably know more of their music than you do Kanyes, but I wouldnt try to make any educated point about them.

I know I wasn't comparing them on the same scope, personally I think Van Halen sucked. My point I was making is much like we see nowadays in sports, comparing things of different eras never works. We are comparing music from 1984 to 2015. Flip it around, if in 1984 they had metacritic and both Van Halen and Kanye release an album, I can guarantee which would score higher

unfortunately hip hop garbage has become the new mainstream, and that is what you are seeing

Talent creates platform.

Not true any longer. Marketing creates platform. Just look at Kanyes wife and her sisters. Only talent Ive seen there is impressive anal stretching ability.

Wow. You have to hand it to CB Falcon for so ardently believing in such utter total fuucking craptastic bullshit.

Geesus God. Other normal artists who have talent? They grieve by singing. Usually, they ditch all the bullshit and Go acoustic. There have been multiple occasions like that. Kanye knows he can't sing a lick if his life depended on it? So he actually has the balls to blame his mother's death on the fact that he's hiding behind Auto-Tune. What the fuuck is Justin Bieber going to blame it on?

Didn't someone just very recently do a thread on singers with Auto-Tune?

Like I said, auto-tune is good only because it gives otherwise horribly untalented black people a job.

Not to mention Kanye is an utter loon on about 17 different psychotropic drugs. I refer you bck to my post cutting and pasting his lunatic rant.

Wow. You have to hand it to CB Falcon for so ardently believing in such utter total fuucking craptastic bullshit.

Geesus God. Other normal artists who have talent? They grieve by singing. Usually, they ditch all the bullshit and Go acoustic. There have been multiple occasions like that. Kanye knows he can't sing a ###### lick if his life depended on it? So he actually has the balls to blame his mother's death on the fact that he's hiding behind Auto-Tune. What the fuuck is Justin Bieber going to blame it on?

Didn't someone just very recently do a thread on singers with Auto-Tune?

Like I said, auto-tune is good only because it gives otherwise horribly untalented black people a job.

Not to mention Kanye is an utter ###### loon on about 17 different psychotropic drugs. I refer you bck to my post cutting and pasting his lunatic rant.

Kanye has released 7 albums. One of them relied very heavily on auto-tune. So while he may not be the greatest singer out there, he showed on his other 6 albums that he wasn't afraid to out his actual voice on record..............but he was afraid to do it once, and he gave his reasoning. In my view, it had merit when considering his life at that time along with the content of the alum itself. And just in terms of artistic use, it resonated in my mind. But if you want to claim Kanye only has a job because he used auto-tune on the one album people don't love of his, then have at that logic.