Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Josh pulls a Belichick...Not going to the colts

All the assistants he brought with him to Indy, already signed their contracts.

So will the new head coach be stuck with guys he didn't want?

What a mess.

I love the report that Kraft engineered this just to fock Indy (for deflate gate).

Really doubt its true, but I hope so! :lol:

I think this is sure sign bill is probably in his last year.

• Like 1

Wow!!! I saw this on a Yahoo right-margin banner ad, and dismissed it as "fake news." But, i guess it is true.

Luck's shoulder HAS TO BE less than 50% healthy / he is very iffy also for the 2018 season. And/or, there are too many holes (O-line, entire defense) to be competitive, and he doesn't want a second short-stint as a HC.

I'd LOVE to be a "fly on the wall" during the next Owner's Meetings, between Irsay and Kraft!! :thumbsup:

Wow. McD strung em out and then reneges on a deal after the assistants signed contracts. Who does Indy turn to now?

What a POS

More brlliant insight...

The guy is a victim of over reporting by the media. He never signed with the colts. Signing is when things become official.

Lol great move.

More brlliant insight...

The guy is a victim of over reporting by the media. He never signed with the colts. Signing is when things become official.

He already put his team together. Had them sign contracts, and start going over film and offseason stuff. The only reason he himself wasn't signed was do to league rules. He still had 1 game left to play.

How is he the victim of over reporting?

He already put his team together. Had them sign contracts, and start going over film and offseason stuff. The only reason he himself wasn't signed was do to league rules. He still had 1 game left to play.

How is he the victim of over reporting?

Per Adam Schefter:

"Throughout the process, McDaniels had emphasized to the Colts that he would need time to mull the decision and discuss it with his family."

If what he says above is true, why were other people reporting he was committed to sign?

If what he says above is not true, why does anyone believe any of these "insiders" in the first place when their biggest desire is to be the first to report a story? Prematurely or not.

Didn't anyone learn anything from that silly drama event ESPN puts on about high school kids coming out and "committing" to colleges?

Wow!!! I saw this on a Yahoo right-margin banner ad, and dismissed it as "fake news." But, i guess it is true.

Luck's shoulder HAS TO BE less than 50% healthy / he is very iffy also for the 2018 season. And/or, there are too many holes (O-line, entire defense) to be competitive, and he doesn't want a second short-stint as a HC.

I'd LOVE to be a "fly on the wall" during the next Owner's Meetings, between Irsay and Kraft!! :thumbsup:

I don't know...Brady and Belichick probably go out together leaving McDaniels with who at QB? And that defense is a mess right now. I guess he has some kind of heads up that Kraft will be patient with him, but that's not exactly the best situation either.

I don't know...Brady and Belichick probably go out together leaving McDaniels with who at QB? And that defense is a mess right now. I guess he has some kind of heads up that Kraft will be patient with him, but that's not exactly the best situation either.

True. And it's probably better than going to Indi. They are a mess.

What a POS

This, he just reaffirmed who he is that he already proved to be a bad decision maker and not likeable.

This, he just reaffirmed who he is that he already proved to be a bad decision maker and not likeable.

He's a good coordinater who just got a raise. He never committed to Indi per reports shown above.

If its true that several assistants had already signed with the Colts and moved to Indy to work under McDaniels, JM is a piece of chit. Exactly what I would expect out of that cheating scumbag sore loser organization and their whiny crybaby fans.

:thumbsdown:

From reports, he came in on Tuesday to clean out his office and had his exit meeting with Bill and Kraft where they presented new information (mentorship with Bill and a timeframe commitment giving him stability) which led to the last minute change of heart.

From reports, he came in on Tuesday to clean out his office and had his exit meeting with Bill and Kraft where they presented new information (mentorship with Bill and a timeframe commitment giving him stability) which led to the last minute change of heart.

Smart move on his part. Indi is a coaching graveyard at this point.

More brlliant insight...

LOL @ "victim".

LOL @ "victim".

With everyone calling him POS and other things not so nice, that is a sort of a victim no? I mean, what if you were being torn apart by the public perception of you because the media was over-zealous in their reporting?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/02/06/report-josh-mcdaniels-backs-out-deal-coach-colts/313588002/

This was the Colts’ official statement: "After agreeing to contract terms to become the Indianapolis Colts’ new head coach, New England Patriots assistant coach Josh McDaniels this evening informed us that he would not be joining our team. Although we are surprised and disappointed, we will resume our head coaching search immediately and find the right fit to lead our team and organization on and off the field.”

And they’ll begin that coaching search five weeks later than most teams do. There’s no way around the obvious: McDaniels is leaving the Colts in an awful situation.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/02/06/doyel-josh-mcdaniels-selfish-little-jerk-but-did-colts-indy-favor/304619002/

INDIANAPOLIS – Be embarrassed, Indianapolis Colts, but also be relieved. Josh McDaniels is a punk and a loser, but he’s not your punk. He’s not your loser.

He’s not your head coach, thank God.

Imagine, knowing what we know right now, infecting this franchise with that fraud. And make no mistake: He's one of the biggest frauds in the NFL. He confirmed it Tuesday night. After agreeing three weeks ago to terms with the Colts to become their next coach, after hiring multiple members of his coaching staff, after arranging to fly Wednesday morning from Boston to Indianapolis on Jim Irsay’s jet to be introduced at an afternoon news conference, Josh McDaniels backed out.

McDaniels will stay with the New England Patriots as their offensive coordinator. Or maybe he knows something we don’t, and will be replacing Patriots boss Bill Belichick. Hell, I don’t know, maybe Josh McDaniels will give in to his primal urges, shed his human skin and burrow into the insulation in Belichick’s basement.

What becomes of that rat is of no concern to me, not anymore, now that he has removed himself from our city and saved the Colts from themselves. And that, my friends, is how you need to see this: The Colts couldn’t do it on their own, so Josh McDaniels rescued them by withdrawing his name. And he did it for the most delightful of reasons: Apparently he thinks, giggle, he’s too good for them.

Imagine that. The ultimate daddy’s boy, born on third base and believing he hit a triple, thinks he’s too good to coach the Colts. Handed his first coaching job when Daddy – a big-time high school coach in Ohio – called Nick Saban to get Josh onto Saban’s staff at Michigan State, McDaniels has never been big into self-awareness. “Hurricane Josh,” they called him in Denver when he blew into town in 2009 as coach of the Denver Broncos and carried himself with the gravitas of a Super Bowl winner, which Bill Belichick was, and not as a rookie coach who hadn’t done anything on his own ...

... which is what Josh McDaniels was in 2009.

It’s what he is today, too: He’s a guy who hasn’t accomplished anything as a head coach, unless you consider being fired in less than two seasons in Denver an achievement. Which, when you think about it …

Anyway, enough about that guy. Let’s talk about us, here: In the short term, yes, this is humiliating. The Colts just got punked by the biggest punk in the NFL coaching community, a guy so callous that he convinced a handful of assistant coaches elsewhere to leave wherever they were to come work for him in Indianapolis. Those assistants, including Dallas Cowboys assistant Matt Eberflus, now seem stuck. Reportedly, they’re still coming to Indianapolis – coming to a new city to work for a new coach who didn’t even hire them.

Reportedly, McDaniels stayed in New England for his family. What of the families he uprooted elsewhere?

Josh McDaniels is a selfish little jerk, and he has succeeded only with Bill Belichick as his head coach and Tom Brady as his quarterback. Surrounded by greatness, he couldn’t fail. Hell, not even Charlie Weis could fail as offensive coordinator of the Patriots.

As for the Colts, they have a second chance to get this right, and how many times can you rectify a grievous error before the error does actual damage? In the long run, the franchise will be better with someone else, anyone else, as head coach. That’s not easy to see right now, I know it, but if McDaniels can be this destructive, this selfish, this fraudulent in three weeks as de facto head coach of the Colts, imagine how much damage he would have done here in three years.

Assuming he could have survived three years. He didn’t in Denver, where his team lost too much and got caught cheating too much and disliked its coach too much and so, boom: Say goodbye to Hurricane Josh.

As for us, let’s say hello to the reality that the Colts could be in real trouble. ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported Sunday that doctors are concerned, again, with quarterback Andrew Luck’s recovery and believe he might need surgery, again, on his shoulder. If the bad news is true, and lately all Colts news has been bad news, Luck would most likely miss the upcoming season.

Again.

That’s speculation for another day, and Lord knows that’s all we can do around here – speculate – given how the Colts are so secretive. If being secretive gives them a competitive advantage, imagine how lousy this franchise would look if it just told the truth every now and then.

For now, the reality is the Colts have no coach, a quarterback whose health is unknown, and a front office who thought hiring Josh McDaniels was a good idea. The Colts will wake up Wednesday morning a mess and a punch line, but it could have been so much worse.

They could have woken up Thursday with Josh McDaniels as coach.

Find IndyStar columnist Gregg Doyel on Twitter: @GreggDoyelStar or at facebook.com/gregg.doyel.

Per Adam Schefter:

"Throughout the process, McDaniels had emphasized to the Colts that he would need time to mull the decision and discuss it with his family."

If what he says above is true, why were other people reporting he was committed to sign?

If what he says above is not true, why does anyone believe any of these "insiders" in the first place when their biggest desire is to be the first to report a story? Prematurely or not.

Didn't anyone learn anything from that silly drama event ESPN puts on about high school kids coming out and "committing" to colleges?

This. Others are simply angry.

I love this issue, something to chat about.

We need more clean interesting news like this from the NFL.

With everyone calling him POS and other things not so nice, that is a sort of a victim no? I mean, what if you were being torn apart by the public perception of you because the media was over-zealous in their reporting?

Well, if I agreed to a contract then reneged on it, I think I'd expect some backlash. But then again, I believe in personal accountability... unlike "victims".

• Like 1

Update: McDaniels' Agent severed ties with him. The Agent also represents Indy's GM, and multiple other coaches around the league. He couldn't afford to be associated with such a POS as McDaniels, professionally. :wave:

• Like 1

Update: McDaniels' Agent severed ties with him. The Agent also represents Indy's GM, and multiple other coaches around the league. He couldn't afford to be associated with such a POS as McDaniels, professionally. :wave:

Usually it's the agents with very low morals.

Usually it's the agents with very low morals.

Sounds like a a political move in the industry. This situation has zero to do with morals. A guy didn't accept an offer. So what? Schefter reported that he was open about needing time to decide.

Tell me seafoam, with your awesome 6 figure job and hot girlfriend and all, why are you here trolling so often?

I know as a Bears fan there isn't a lot of Chicago content to occupy our time right now, but I'd imagine you could find something else to do other than take the counter point to almost every situation here.

Legit asking, because I know text on a screen can be deceiving.

Tell me seafoam, with your awesome 6 figure job and hot girlfriend and all, why are you here trolling so often?

I know as a Bears fan there isn't a lot of Chicago content to occupy our time right now, but I'd imagine you could find something else to do other than take the counter point to almost every situation here.

Legit asking, because I know text on a screen can be deceiving.

Tell me ralphster, since I only responded to someone being an ass in that situation, why do you care? I don't apologize for my success when others attack my ability to enjoy life.

I think there was a bad call made in the game. Others don't. I get called names up and down and don't respond in the same manner.

So why do you only take one sided points of view? It's all a judgement call.

Also, I have been on here the full season, some others just come out to swear at others from time to time.

Also, the guy never signed. It's media driven garbage.

I guess I didn't know this site was agree or go away. It hasn't been all year until now.

I have been on this site since 2001 (as seafoam) and have never seen such consistent garbage replies. I guess maybe because I didn't hang around as much in the offseason before.

And I suppose liking football only counts if you talk about a team you root for during the regular season. I thought this was a fantasy football site.

I guess I didn't know this site was agree or go away. It hasn't been all year until now.

I have been on this site since 2001 (as seafoam) and have never seen such consistent garbage replies. I guess maybe because I didn't hang around as much in the offseason before.

And I suppose liking football only counts if you talk about a team you root for during the regular season. I thought this was a fantasy football site.

You need to go to the Geek club

This bored has ALWAYS been agree or go away.