Sign in to follow this  
ELVIS!

****Official 60s Music Draft**** (Complete)

I can no longer wait, so I'll end my draft now. Thank you guys for all the time, thought & effort it took. :thumbsup: Also thanks everybody for all the fun and laughs. :doublethumbsup: I know I can be a bit of a music snob at times, I hope you don't take it personally. :wave:

I'll be back for the BONUS ROUND later

16.08 ~ Big Guy = Catch the Wind - Donovan
I've always loved this song, but up until about a year ago I thought it was a Bob Dylan tune. In any case, IMO it nicely captures the spirit of the decade.

16.09 Devil With The Blue Dress/Good Golly Miss Molly- Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels

Springsteen does this in his Detroit Medlly along with CC Rider and Jenny Jenny. One of the best things he does live.

3.08 For What It's Worth-Buffalo Springfield

Funny, I had this as my 16th pick not knowing it was already taken. I actually did wonder why nobody already snagged it lol.

Funny, I had this as my 16th pick not knowing it was already taken. I actually did wonder why nobody already snagged it lol.

Wasn't worth it

Wasn't worth it

:lol:

i see what you did there

Didnt nzoner already post his last pick in a fit of rage?

Yeah, I believe he did.

I thought he woke up and thought better about drunk/stoned posting, plus TEK realized he is bipolar and did a mea culpa, so I think nzoner is still posting picks. :unsure:

If not I'll pick soon as there is no way in hell he is picking my final song. :cheers:

I thought he woke up and thought better about drunk/stoned posting, plus TEK realized he is bipolar and did a mea culpa, so I think nzoner is still posting picks. :unsure:

If not I'll pick soon as there is no way in hell he is picking my final song. :cheers:

Thats correct, but I think he said that he intended that to be his last pick in he draft. But maybe the commish gave it to him as a pick in an earlier round. Dunno for sure.

Thats correct, but I think he said that he intended that to be his last pick in he draft. But maybe the commish gave it to him as a pick in an earlier round. Dunno for sure.

I'm sticking with it,just to recap this is Billy Gibbons before ZZ Top and he and his band The Moving Sidewalks were hand picked by Jimi Hendrix to open for him and as Jimi told ###### Cavett on late night talk Billy was one of the best guitar players he'd ever seen.

16.11 99TH Floor-The Moving Sidewalks

• Like 1

I'm sticking with it,just to recap this is Billy Gibbons before ZZ Top and he and his band The Moving Sidewalks were hand picked by Jimi Hendrix to open for him and as Jimi told ###### Cavett on late night talk Billy was one of the best guitar players he'd ever seen.

16.11 99TH Floor-The Moving Sidewalks

His playing on Blue Jean Blues is nothing short of amazing. One of my favorite slow blues songs ever.

If you can find it, also check out the Live From Daryls House episode he did. The man is just a focking rock star.

• Like 1

meh,that wasn't a fit of rage,granted I was p!ssed off but far from rage.

His playing on Blue Jean Blues is nothing short of amazing. One of my favorite slow blues songs ever.

If you can find it, also check out the Live From Daryls House episode he did. The man is just a focking rock star.

Yeah I saw that episode,The Reverend Biily G is so underappreciated when it comes to people naming off great guitarists it really is sad but when Jimi Hendrix gives his nod of approval that erases all of that.

Alright, here goes. I don't really give a fock if I win this at this point anyway so... over the weekend my eye caught this video on the side wall of Youtube. I have no idea why it was there, but i thought... this is perfect for a few reasons. One is that it offers a friendly closure to the sh1t show that has been this draft. Way more importantly, I dabble in piano and can play the chorus/main part of this song. I did it almost 20 years ago when my son, < 3 years old, used to dance around in his diaper in circles while I would play it again and again and again... Man those were fun times. Any youngins following this draft, do yourself a huge favor and don't take those times for granted, as getting older doesn't really get better.

Everyone lift their chin in the air and dance around in circles to a song we all recognize and hold in the happiest of regards. :cheers:

16.12 Linus and Lucy - Vince Guaraldi Trio

• Like 3

Alright, here goes. I don't really give a fock if I win this at this point anyway so... over the weekend my eye caught this video on the side wall of Youtube. I have no idea why it was there, but i thought... this is perfect for a few reasons. One is that it offers a friendly closure to the sh1t show that has been this draft. Way more importantly, I dabble in piano and can play the chorus/main part of this song. I did it almost 20 years ago when my son, < 3 years old, used to dance around in his diaper in circles while I would play it again and again and again... Man those were fun times. Any youngins following this draft, do yourself a huge favor and don't take those times for granted, as getting older doesn't really get better.

Everyone lift their chin in the air and dance around in circles to a song we all recognize and hold in the happiest of regards. :cheers:

Haha. Nice. I toyed with the idea of picking Snoopy vs the Red Baron at one point.

:thumbsup: Would you believe that song actually appears on a progressive rock compilation I have,apparently for its time it was just that.

Also,I'll wait until after the draft but I had a couple of childhood memories I was going to use as well,just ran out of slots.

16.04 - Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Done. Thank God.

Yeah, that song in the 16th round is a focking steal. I considered from the 3rd on, but I really wanted Helplessly Hoping. :thumbsup:

Also, should be 16.13???

A song you probably all know

Living In The Past

Jethro Tull

Living In The Past

Jethro Tull

Sweet virgin, I had no idea Tull went back to the 60s. I'd have grabbed this around round 10, nice grab. :cheers:

Sweet virgin, I had no idea Tull went back to the 60s. I'd have grabbed this around round 10, nice grab. :cheers:

Thanks

I've been sitting on this for a couple rounds. 2 albums in the 60's

Think 68 and 69

Yeah, that song in the 16th round is a focking steal. I considered from the 3rd on, but I really wanted Helplessly Hoping. :thumbsup:

Also, should be 16.13???

I can no longer wait, so I'll end my draft now. Thank you guys for all the time, thought & effort it took. :thumbsup: Also thanks everybody for all the fun and laughs. :doublethumbsup: I know I can be a bit of a music snob at times, I hope you don't take it personally. :wave:

I'll be back for the BONUS ROUND later

16.08 ~ Big Guy = Catch the Wind - Donovan

I've always loved this song, but up until about a year ago I thought it was a Bob Dylan tune. In any case, IMO it nicely captures the spirit of the decade.

Good pick. Great song.

I used to love the show American Dreams (check it out if you havent seen it. Great music.)

This song was on it, first Id ever heard of Donavan. Ended up buying a Donovan box set in a used record store shorty thereafter. Turns out, most of his stuff is really weird. Talking animals and sh!t. Box set came in a purple velvet box.

Living In The Past

Jethro Tull

Fock me,I just lost points for my music acumen.IMO that is the best steal I've seen this late in all of our drafts combined.Nicely done.

• Like 1

Wohoo

Can't Find My Way Home

Blind Faith

One of my favorite songs. That song ended one of my favorite movies with it "Fandango"

Great pick and appreciate the :cheers:

• Like 1

Fock me,I just lost points for my music acumen.IMO that is the best steal I've seen this late in all of our drafts combined.Nicely done.

Thanks. I did mean to say a song you probably know but didn't know it was 60's. I was too excited. :lol:

Thanks. I did mean to say a song you probably know but didn't know it was 60's. I was too excited. :lol:

I say share that steal with everyone