Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Panthers release Jonathan Stewart

After 10 years with Carolina, Stewart will be looking for another team. Stewart and McCaffrey basically split the RB workload 50-50 last season (Stewart touches: 206, McCaffrey touches: 197).

Certainly bumps up McCafery. Wherever Stewart goes, he'll continue to be a thorn in fantasy owners side. He's not good enough to not warrant much draft day consideration, but his presence is just enough to make you think twice about the starters work load.

I think Stewart retires.

Mccaffery now could be a round one pick in 12 plus team leagues.

Darn it.

Not sure, the guy has been busted twice for drugs and the Steelers took there hits. Then the guy wants more money but says its not about the money. I think they don't take a hugh hit with Stewart in the backfield and maybe the Steelers can move forward out of this limbo and probably only going to get worst.

I'm surprised the reaction would be the release is a big bump to McCaffrey.

Do guys really think J Stew was what was standing in the way of CMac being elite?

Firstly, I'd be more concerned about the replacement than I was J Stew, and secondly more inside running volume does not benefit run CMC relative to the punishment-chance for injury............for me anyway.

I believe can get better than he was in his rookie year, I think Car can improve the way they use him, but I didn't think he was a volume feature RB coming out and I saw nothing last year that made me think I was wrong.

Not sure, the guy has been busted twice for drugs and the Steelers took there hits. Then the guy wants more money but says its not about the money. I think they don't take a hugh hit with Stewart in the backfield and maybe the Steelers can move forward out of this limbo and probably only going to get worst.

Bell is the best back in the league and an MVP for Pitt. He is nearly already a HOFer and isn't slowing down. If you are comparing Stewart to Bell, then you are crazy.

Wasn't comparing bell to Stewart like you are. Stewart was a bye week filler last year on a team that defenses concentrated on the run. I'm saying why not put him in Pittsburg that's pass happy, fill your voids, and build instead of a almost did it team by dealing a thorn like Bell.

Wasn't comparing bell to Stewart like you are. Stewart was a bye week filler last year on a team that defenses concentrated on the run. I'm saying why not put him in Pittsburg that's pass happy, fill your voids, and build instead of a almost did it team by dealing a thorn like Bell.

Bell had 85 receptions last year, not to mention nearly 1300 yards rushing. Are you crazy? He's a thorn? And how do you deal a player that isn't on your team?

You can deal Bell and offer a contract to Stewart. What makes you can destroy you, seems to happen to RBs alot

I think he is still under contract but wants more money for the respect. Gotta run for now but like the debate, thanks.

With Ben coming back I don't think you can trade Bell. I think they give the three B's and Tomlin another year, and when they fail this year they hit a reset button. Ben retires, Tomlin gets canned, Bell gets traded and Brown get's left with Landry Jones as his QB.

Do guys really think J Stew was what was standing in the way of CMac being elite?

Firstly, I'd be more concerned about the replacement than I was J Stew, and secondly more inside running volume does not benefit run CMC relative to the punishment-chance for injury............for me anyway.

I believe can get better than he was in his rookie year, I think Car can improve the way they use him, but I didn't think he was a volume feature RB coming out and I saw nothing last year that made me think I was wrong.

Agreed. He isn't much of an inside runner

They all say they want more money, but it's not about the money.

Yeah they should let Bell go for Stewart who is now 31.

That would be a really stupid way of handling there rb situation.

I think it was because of Stewart.

Volume.

I think he's a ppr round one pick.

I think it was because of Stewart.

Volume.

I think he's a ppr round one pick.

well, it's tough to believe that his carries would have been the same if Stewart wasnt there.

I am pretty sure this was a time share to coach him up in the art of passblocking and Blitz Pickup.

I could be wrong, but I dont think I am.

they will likely bring in a short yardage guy, but otherwise, McCaffrey will be the guy.

well, it's tough to believe that his carries would have been the same if Stewart wasnt there.

I am pretty sure this was a time share to coach him up in the art of passblocking and Blitz Pickup.

I could be wrong, but I dont think I am.

they will likely bring in a short yardage guy, but otherwise, McCaffrey will be the guy.

I don't think there is any way they try to make mccaffrey a full workload back. The guy is too valuable as a Dion Lewis type player. They will pick up another bruising type back to share the backfield. They need that type of run game to keep newton from getting killed.

They all say they want more money, but it's not about the money.

Yeah they should let Bell go for Stewart who is now 31.

That would be a really stupid way of handling there rb situation.

The whole part of the argument was to trade Bell and rebuild, picking up Stewart for a year. But yea the writing on the wall would be it for Rothlisberger. They can all say they want more money, but in todays game I don't see why a Rb would have much leverage to smoke weed and make demands.

Today's game is the same has yesterday's game, it's all about production.

If you produce in the NFL and in any sport, you can make demands.

Clearly.

Im tired, but try to spell it out quickly. Put Bell in Cleveland and u would say leveon who. Put Bell in New England with Belichek and everyone here will say he is a number 1 pick and reality would be top 10 to 15 if he is accepted as a team over yourself guy. The 2 RB situation has changed the game when so few of teams go with 1 like the days of old. Bells mouth could get him in trouble for a team running out of time to pull the trigger on rebuilding in such a following as Pittsburg fans have.

Im tired, but try to spell it out quickly. Put Bell in Cleveland and u would say leveon who.

Put Bell on any team with a functional QB, and he is still the best back in football. The guy is already a year or two from the hall of fame and is not at all slowing down.

Beasts are beasts i can agree with like Walter Peyton. Barry Sanders was the worst i seen getting tackled 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage but the best I seen at breaking long runs. Bells nothing but a midget football player from yesterday with things geared for him to succeed that puts him in a category of many.

Beasts are beasts i can agree with like Walter Peyton. Barry Sanders was the worst i seen getting tackled 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage but the best I seen at breaking long runs. Bells nothing but a midget football player from yesterday with things geared for him to succeed that puts him in a category of many.

Wow. That is not an good take. Bell is great in his own way. If he avoids massive injury over the next couple years, he is a first ballot HOF.

Let's do stats if you want.

Hey there is no caps in weepaws.

Wow. That is not an good take. Bell is great in his own way. If he avoids massive injury over the next couple years, he is a first ballot HOF.

Let's do stats if you want.

I agree if he stays in this role that's tailor made for him he will be HOF, but if he was traded to a bad situation he could be stud to dud and called a flash in the pan

I sense seafoam and weepaws are the same person also. Not much insight, just 1 liners and no out of the box thinking. But the truth came out how much he loves Pittsburg now.

I sense seafoam and weepaws are the same person also. Not much insight, just 1 liners and no out of the box thinking. But the truth came out how much he loves Pittsburg now.

Your insight above when you said "Bell's nothing but a midget football player from yesterday" was amazing (whatever it means).

Oh, and let's not forget that highly researched and definitely mind-blowing insight of yours stating that "Beasts are beasts".

And news flash to everyone who was calling me a NE homer, I guess I "love Pittsburgh" now.

Go Cubs!! Reds suck, and definitely are not back.

Your insight above when you said "Bell's nothing but a midget football player from yesterday" was amazing (whatever it means).

Oh, and let's not forget that highly researched and definitely mind-blowing insight of yours stating that "Beasts are beasts".

And news flash to everyone who was calling me a NE homer, I guess I "love Pittsburgh" now.

Go Cubs!! Reds suck, and definitely are not back.

You ever watch 8 to 12 year olds play football together and see how the coaches use them ? You ever watch Walter Peyton play. As far as my nic, well it was made up when I heard Ken Griffey Jr. was traded to the Reds years ago, boy was I wrong. His dad was a better player as a Red. But lets keep it real, how many years have you been a Cubby fan that would give you the courage to call out other teams?

You ever watch 8 to 12 year olds play football together and see how the coaches use them ? You ever watch Walter Peyton play. As far as my nic, well it was made up when I heard Ken Griffey Jr. was traded to the Reds years ago, boy was I wrong. His dad was a better player as a Red. But lets keep it real, how many years have you been a Cubby fan that would give you the courage to call out other teams?

I have been to Bears games as a kid and saw Peyton play in person with Roland Harper blocking for him and followed the team since then through today. Bob Avellini at QB.

For baseball I have watched on TV and been to Cubs games when Lee Elia coached and went on the most famous rant to the media in sports history.

I was watching the game on TV when Rick Monday pulled an American flag away from some guy who was trying to set it on fire in center field with Jose Cardinal in left and Jerry Morales in right.

Times in the past, and in no chronological order, I followed the Cubs when they had Rick Reuchel, Bruce Sutter, Steve Stone, Bill Madlock, etc....

I went through the Cubs years that featured Fergie Jenkins, Lee Smith, Steve Trout, Greg Maddux, Rick Suttcliffe, Ron Cey, Dennis Eckersley, Ryan Sandburg etc.. etc...etc...through today.

And now they are really good and the Reds suck.

Griffey Jr. struggled with injuries. He was great and a hall of famer. Way better than Sr. And you can't blame a player for not diving into steroids like Barry Bonds, who was made a slave to that habit.

And you are acting like an ass right now.

I have been to Bears games as a kid and saw Peyton play in person with Roland Harper blocking for him and followed the team since then through today. Bob Avellini at QB.

For baseball I have watched on TV and been to Cubs games when Lee Elia coached and went on the most famous rant to the media in sports history.

I was watching the game on TV when Rick Monday pulled an American flag away from some guy who was trying to set it on fire in center field with Jose Cardinal in left and Jerry Morales in right.

Times in the past, and in no chronological order, I followed the Cubs when they had Rick Reuchel, Bruce Sutter, Steve Stone, Bill Madlock, etc....

I went through the Cubs years that featured Fergie Jenkins, Lee Smith, Steve Trout, Greg Maddux, Rick Suttcliffe, Ron Cey, Dennis Eckersley, Ryan Sandburg etc.. etc...etc...through today.

And now they are really good and the Reds suck.

Griffey Jr. struggled with injuries. He was great and a hall of famer. Way better than Sr. And you can't blame a player for not diving into steroids like Barry Bonds, who was made a slave to that habit.

And you are acting like an ass right now.

You still live near Chi town? If so, which burb? Or county

I agree if he stays in this role that's tailor made for him he will be HOF, but if he was traded to a bad situation he could be stud to dud and called a flash in the pan

I'm sure the Steelers feel the same about him, in the role he's in they could have a furture HOF player.

So why let him go for a 31 year old rb that doesn't fit at all into that role?

Steelers aren't a team looking to rebuild, but a team built to win now.

Your ideal is wrong and just silly.