Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

G-Men: P-L-E-A-S-E don't pull a "Browns"-type move ..

Seriously? He is only like 9 games over .500. Do you seriously believe that? Well, that's how Manning fans make their arguments. Just making things up.

His statement was true. You would believe it too if you took the time to look up the facts.

No no no.

How many of those listed have won Super Bowls plus have thrown for over 51000 yards and 339 tds.

How many of those others youve listed have thrown for over 4000 yards six times, and tossed over 25 plus tds seven times?

Mmm

Eli has.

Hes a HOF.

Thanks.

He is a very average QB. Look at his yearly stats. If the HOF is about longevity, then fine. So be it. I don't know what the HOF wants. An average player that lasted a long time? Then yes, eli is in.

And you all are teaching me to understand that the HOF is not about football greatness, but rather about morbid average longevity.

I like when Eli throws for 280 and two touchdowns in the super bowl his defense won it, but when Brees does the same thing and his defense actually scores a touchdown it's all Brees. Lol

I like when Eli throws for 280 and two touchdowns

Oh, great. 2 tds and 280. Must be a HOF QB. That is so typical of him winning so many games.

Its close enough to make an argument obviously. With that said, Eli will be get in because its a chance for the Hall of Fame to bring Archie, Peyton, and Eli to Canton Ohio for prestige IMO.

Oh, great. 2 tds and 280. Must be a HOF QB. That is so typical of him winning so many games.

You're the one that said he won the Super Bowl because of his defense, while claiming Brees was the reason his team won. Sorry I laid waste to your claim. There's an argument to be made that Eli isn't HOF worthy yet. You just don't do a very good job of it.

Who said that? But comparing Flacco and Eli is kinda funny. Lol.

It's kind of funny only because they average the same numbers year to year over their careers and many here are convinced that one should be in the HOF and the other shouldn't. They both won a SB. How is that so hard for people to understand? If it is all about winning 2, then put Plunkett in the hall as well.

I would contest that winning % is more important than anything because it at least gives the team a chance to go to the playoffs more often.

Eli Manning: 111-103

Joe Flacco: 92-62

What is the difference between Manning and Flacco? If the answer is 1 SB, then fine. Your argument is based only on # of SBs. Great. End of story. Any QB that wins a SB should be in the HOF. But if not that, then what?

If the Ravens want to keep an average QB around as long as the Giants want to, then Flacco will end up with the same numbers as Manning when all is said and done. The reason Manning has numbers is because the Giants are pathetically keeping him on their team as a starter for way to long.

It's kind of funny only because they average the same numbers year to year over their careers and many here are convinced that one should be in the HOF and the other shouldn't. They both won a SB. How is that so hard for people to understand? If it is all about winning 2, then put Plunkett in the hall as well.

I would contest that winning % is more important than anything because it at least gives the team a chance to go to the playoffs more often.

Eli Manning: 111-103

Joe Flacco: 92-62

What is the difference between Manning and Flacco? If the answer is 1 SB, then fine. Your argument is based only on # of SBs. Great. End of story. Any QB that wins a SB should be in the HOF. But if not that, then what?

If the Ravens want to keep an average QB around as long as the Giants want to, then Flacco will end up with the same numbers as Manning when all is said and done. The reason Manning has numbers is because the Giants are pathetically keeping him on their team as a start for way to long.

I would agree with your statement, one of them Eli will get in and the other Flacco wont.

Thanks great post.

Wow thats now 369 post about this issue.

I cant wait for preseason to get here. Help.

If Eli gets in and Archie,Peyton, and Eli was signing a football for me, would it be in poor taste to say no to Eli because you dont want the football messed up after Peyton signs ?

If Eli gets in and Archie,Peyton, and Eli was signing a football for me, would it be in poor taste to say no to Eli because you dont want the football messed up after Peyton signs ?

It seems some of you are unaware of the fact that Archie isn't in the HOF.

You mean his 35-101-3 QB record isn't HOF caliber? But he was so Clutch.

You mean his 35-101-3 QB record isn't HOF caliber? But he was so Clutch.

No he wasn't. If he was clutch he would have a ring or two

You don't think he would be there to watch a son be inducted ?

in giants fans minds, the definition of clutch is a QB with mediocre postseason production, who can't put up points against crappy defenses, but gets enough do-overs from his supporting cast that something good finally happens at some point.

For sane people, the term 'clutch' is much more appropriately applied to the DEF that played absolutely out of their minds on the biggest stage, repeatedly overachieving against some of the very best offenses in NFL history, carrying their mediocre QB with them.

35 wins in 14 years. How is that not clutch? He is right up there with eli.