Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

2018 Season

I am in, how many do I need to cut down to?

No set number. Keep however many you like. If you've got three pieces of dead weight then three, if you've got seven, then seven.

How many rounds you draft is based on how many spots you open up for yourself.

Most dynasty leagues will temporarily expand then contrast but we do it a bit different since it's so late in the process and there's no time for that.

what about mookz?

He's more than welcome and if he wants in, he can see the post.

TBBOM has PMed me that if all else fails, don't go to the FAL/FAL forum, that he'll take the Deep Throat team.

No set number. Keep however many you like. If you've got three pieces of dead weight then three, if you've got seven, then seven.

How many rounds you draft is based on how many spots you open up for yourself.

Most dynasty leagues will temporarily expand then contrast but we do it a bit different since it's so late in the process and there's no time for that.

ok I cut 7 is it snake or straight draft?

Also in case I am not here when it starts

Barkley

LF a WR in that 2nd/3rd round type range

offering Mixon or Hyde or a combo of both

Ill shoot you Edelman and Lynch for Mixon

I can't drop players via the app. Said franchise owners not able to drop players at this time

I can't drop players via the app. Said franchise owners not able to drop players at this time

I don't know how to fix an app glitch, but the next best thing will work. If you give me a name list, I'll do it for you.

He's more than welcome and if he wants in, he can see the post.

TBBOM has PMed me that if all else fails, don't go to the FAL/FAL forum, that he'll take the Deep Throat team.

TBBOM's heart isn't in it and has backed out. He's not played FF for four years now. I'll go to the FAL/FAL forum to find someone.

I posted an ad in the FAL/FAL forum: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=479163

I feel more confidant using it now since everybody we've dug up from there have been responsible owners/league-mates; good ones if quiet.

TBBOM'd have been fun to have around again, but he would have been a half-ass owner.

Im not going to lie to you, I had pretty much written this league off as dead. Apparently I was wrong. But im still around and it doesnt look like youve given my team away yet, so I guess it would be rude if the Official League Champion just disappeared and whatnot. Sorry of my absense caused anyone any problems. If you have given my team away then disregard this post.

Im not going to lie to you, I had pretty much written this league off as dead. Apparently I was wrong. But im still around and it doesnt look like youve given my team away yet, so I guess it would be rude if the Official League Champion just disappeared and whatnot. Sorry of my absense caused anyone any problems. If you have given my team away then disregard this post.

I hate kneeling. I viscerally hate it. To me it really brings home an in-your-face reminder of the (spiritual? patriotic?) decline of the country and the things we use to cherish and believe in collectively. And I don't need/want that in my hobby where I go to get my mind off current events and politics and BS.

And of course, it doesn't help that I dislike the alleged reasoning behind the kneeling. I think, or rather I'd though, that the country has improved remarkably on race relations in my lifetime. We/I voted for a black man for president twice. A few of these alleged abuses are overblown IMO and I'm not convinced that the remaining legitimate ones constitute a pattern of police bias so much as it's officers screwing up. This isn't the forum for that.

Anyway, it feels to me like the NFL and it's players have punched me in the gut. I've been obsessing about this hobby for twenty years and presumed I would be forever but this past year I have not.

I am a 46 y/o Lions fan. Over my entire lifetime, I've seen them win only one single playoff game. I was pulling for them as Scott Mitchell torpedoes the Barry years and I've stuck with them through eight years of Matt Millen including his 0-16 season. All the Thanksgivings. All the dumb penalties and the blown penalty calls. Up until I was 38 years old, the best QB I had ever seen the Lions field was either Erik Kramer or Charlie Batch. I can handle just about anything except eight Lions and their assbag anthem singer kneeling for the flag. That's when the spell fell apart. That was the point when the Lions and the NFL broke my heart. And I haven't recovered.

I'd thought they'd made some changes, maybe if the malcontents were out of sight in hte locker room, they would be out of mind. I'd give it another go. But then the preseason came and the Dolphins started kneeling again and other sh*tbags picked right back up again with disrespecting the flag and the NFL did nothing.

I'd be willing to give it a go

Really only played in 12 team redraft leagues but looking for another league to keep me busy

I'd be willing to give it a go

Really only played in 12 team redraft leagues but looking for another league to keep me busy

Welcome!

I've set you up as owner of the Deep Throat team. Your password is in a PM I sent a minute ago.

And that should be is for theatrics as it looks like we're all here and accounted for now.

i was wondering why i couldn't get in my team?!
sorry about the delay....i've been having trouble with my computer.
so, any chance to get back in?! :cry: :mellow: <_<
i got a message from someone else that they tried to contact me and i was not active; so, that's what alerted me.... :wall:

I may have totally messed up your team. I dropped a bunch of players last night.

Its your team- and you are back before the draft- just get the commish to set you back up.

Sorry for any damages.....

i was wondering why i couldn't get in my team?!

sorry about the delay....i've been having trouble with my computer.

so, any chance to get back in?! :cry: :mellow: <_<

i got a message from someone else that they tried to contact me and i was not active; so, that's what alerted me.... :wall:

Yes, you can have your team back. Look at what OS did with cutdowns and figure out what changes if any you want to make.

Old School, you're welcome to stay and take over Twin Peaks as Suzie is feeling burnt out too.

no worries...it's just been a storm lately and i should have been more on task...thanks again

Trying to get Old School back in now. I've sent him a couple of PMs now- the first's tone was "maybe, if you want' the second's "Suzie wants out, feel free to take her team"

Also worried about WW who only made one cut.

Hey did we ever decide about putting players on IR before the draft? The vote in the poll on the 2017 site was 4-3 in favor of allowing it, with a couple of votes for zucchini. Is that enough to pass the rule? I'd like to put Hunter Henry on the DL if possible.

Trying to get Old School back in now. I've sent him a couple of PMs now- the first's tone was "maybe, if you want' the second's "Suzie wants out, feel free to take her team"

Also worried about WW who only made one cut.

Ok- Im in- give me a log in and Ill drop players tomorrow.

Hey did we ever decide about putting players on IR before the draft? The vote in the poll on the 2017 site was 4-3 in favor of allowing it, with a couple of votes for zucchini. Is that enough to pass the rule? I'd like to put Hunter Henry on the DL if possible.

I'd allowed it a couple of years prior for Gary and for the previous owner of skibum's team. Then last year, was a disaster with like three or four players effectively on IR before so I'd allowed it again to be consistent but WW got angry because he'd cut and pasted rules from another site and my instincts on what to do went against the rules he'd cut and pasted.

So then we had that vote to allow for IR before the draft.

So go ahead. If you need commish help, I'll check the specifics to confirm and I can do that.

So- is this a Rookie draft?

Or can we draft any player not on a roster?

Or is it any player not on a roster- who wasnt just dropped?

Im pretty sure its any player not on a roster.

I'd allowed it a couple of years prior for Gary and for the previous owner of skibum's team. Then last year, was a disaster with like three or four players effectively on IR before so I'd allowed it again to be consistent but WW got angry because he'd cut and pasted rules from another site and my instincts on what to do went against the rules he'd cut and pasted.

So then we had that vote to allow for IR before the draft.

So go ahead. If you need commish help, I'll check the specifics to confirm and I can do that.

Thats why i asked....the site says he has to be listed as IR before he can be deactivated. Not sure why the Chargers wouldnt have put him on IR already, they get unlimited spots dont they? And its not like he is going to make some miraculous recovery.

Thanks.

This is the same NFL IR glitch we've seen before and the Chargers are following the same logic everybody else does. He'll be on IR soon enough. I'll put him on IR for you and clear up that spot pre-draft.

It's rookie and free agents and D/ST. Anyone in the league or on the fringe unclaimed, rookie or no, feel free to grab. Just not college players; dial them up in a year or three.

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

I don't think anyone expected this, and I hate to be the one to tell you, but the Chargers ultimately put him on PUP rather than IR, so in turn, I'm going to have to ask you to make a roster move before week one.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-hunter-henry-staying-on-pup-list/

Somewhere in New jersey, I think, WW is shaking his head and laughing at me.

so in turn, I'm going to have to ask you to make a roster move before week one.

Nevermind. I don't know where my head was. People on PUP are eligible for the league's IR designation, so you needn't do anything except keep an eye on the situation and clear a roster spot if/when he does get activated.