Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

anthem ruling

He may not have done the best job as a President but he was so much more personable and articulate...

Whatever is important to you I guess.

And when the dems were in the white house, all of main stream entertainment, including football was absolutly not filled with bashing obama. I could actually get away for a couple hours in the entertainment world without being flooded with liberal hatred. The conservatives were not doing this.

Whatever is important to you I guess.

And when the dems were in the white house, all of main stream entertainment, including football was absolutly not filled with bashing obama. I could actually get away for a couple hours in the entertainment world without being flooded with liberal hatred. The conservatives were not doing this.

What are you talking about? The conservatives were not doing what? If you're trying to say there weren't people bashing Obama then you were living in a fantasy world. Every President gets bashed by a certain group of people, it's human nature. Right now you're seeing it worse than every because we've never had anyone like this hold the office. He's set a new bar and all future Presidents will be compared to him.

Dad served in Korean, 2 sons served in Iraq and Afghanistan, Uncle killed in Vietnam, several others around me served and still are. Maybe your the shitbag sirensong, thinking u need a participant trophy for you can get attention. Wasn't about military serving in general, just a guy whos posts I can count on 1 hand saying he was some cold war hero.

Never said I was a "Cold War hero", just mentioned the time period that I sacrificed for & served my country.

I'm a long. long time lurker. Up until now, I really never had any reason to post; all the fantasy football advice and information I've read here has helped me win several championships over the decades (Thank you gentlemen!)

But, when I read a post equating players kneeling to being disrespectful to "all"military - as a highly-decorated military veteran, I rightfully/respectfully disagree. That is all ...see no name-calling

• Like 4

Never said I was a "Cold War hero", just mentioned the time period that I sacrificed for & served my country.

I'm a long. long time lurker. Up until now, I really never had any reason to post; all the fantasy football advice and information I've read here has helped me win several championships over the decades (Thank you gentlemen!)

But, when I read a post equating players kneeling to being disrespectful to "all"military - as a highly-decorated military veteran, I rightfully/respectfully disagree. That is all ...see no name-calling

Well said.

I don't think this is so much to do much with them protesting, but why pick the anthem of a football game to do it? Obviously it's inflammatory with no positive results.

First of all, noone really knows what they are protesting, some say the whole police department in general, others say the president, others say just everything in general, and secondly, their employer doesn't want them to do it while on work hours. Bye bye kaepernick.

The players have enough means to protest on their own time. And if they don't, then they can join a cause and donate their time. But no, they just want to be seen as some kind of people who care by spending 2 minutes kneeling on tv. But in the end you see far more of these guys getting into trouble in their off hours than this protesting thing they "care" about "in their off hours".

I don't think this is so much to do much with them protesting, but why pick the anthem of a football game to do it? Obviously it's inflammatory with no positive results.

First of all, noone really knows what they are protesting, some say the whole police department in general, others say the president, others say just everything in general, and secondly, their employer doesn't want them to do it while on work hours. Bye bye kaepernick.

The players have enough means to protest on their own time. And if they don't, then they can join a cause and donate their time. But no, they just want to be seen as some kind of people who care by spending 2 minutes kneeling on tv. But in the end you see far more of these guys getting into trouble in their off hours than this protesting thing they "care" about in their off hours.

We get it, you don't like how they chose to protest. Why an't it just be as simple as that? I don't think it was the smart way to do it either but they did. It was their choice. I think some of the outrage by certain people is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Yep. There was just as much complaining when Obama was President and he was so much more respectful of a person.

can you link to some stories about the massive riots when obama was elected? mainstream conservative media figures and political officials openly advocating for obama's assassination? a conservative gunman attempting to kill a bunch of opposing congresspeople?

yeah, i didn't think so.

can you link to some stories about the massive riots when obama was elected? mainstream conservative media figures and political officials openly advocating for obama's assassination? a conservative gunman attempting to kill a bunch of opposing congresspeople?

yeah, i didn't think so.

You must live in a bubble. http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305749-republicans-employ-double-standard-to-discredit

this is the kind of divorced-from-reality response that got trump elected in the first place. the story you linked mentioned a couple of small-scale incidents.

i asked about riots.

trying to draw an equivalence is laughable.

this is the kind of divorced-from-reality response that got trump elected in the first place. the story you linked mentioned a couple of small-scale incidents.

i asked about riots.

trying to draw an equivalence is laughable.

Why are you even talking about Obama right now anyway? This has nothing to do with him. This is about the NFL, people being outraged over kneeling and Trump getting involved. Take a step back, take a long look at the big picture and tell me this isn't all really stupid.

Why are you even talking about Obama right now anyway? This has nothing to do with him. This is about the NFL, people being outraged over kneeling and Trump getting involved. Take a step back, take a long look at the big picture and tell me this isn't all really stupid.

I don't like what this NFL player protesting stands for and I don't like how they are doing it. Everyone has a right to assembly, even if they are not clued into what is going on. Hell, even the nazis were allowed to have an assembly in Skokie, Ill (a primarily Jewish neighborhood). But at least they did it on their own time and their own dime.

I don't like what this NFL player protesting stands for and I don't like how they are doing it. Everyone has a right to assembly, even if they are not clued into what is going on. Hell, even the nazis were allowed to have an assembly in Skokie, Ill (a primarily Jewish neighborhood). But at least they did it on their own time and their own dime.

What do you think it stands for?

As for on their own time and dime, what are players normally doing during that time? Are they working? I thought they were paid to play football which hasn't actually started yet. If it were up to me I'd have all players in the locker room during the anthem or just stop having the anthem altogether.

What do you think it stands for?

As for on their own time and dime, what are players normally doing during that time? Are they working? I thought they were paid to play football which hasn't actually started yet. If it were up to me I'd have all players in the locker room during the anthem or just stop having the anthem altogether.

Yeah, they can protest all they want outside of when they are working.

Thing is, no matter what the NFL wants the players to do while they are working or simply representing the NFL, the players should follow how the company wants the employees to represent it. Or they can quit, or go on strike. But the lack of respect the players have towards their employer is crazy now that they got their money.

Yeah, they can protest all they want outside of when they are working.

Thing is, no matter what the NFL wants the players to do while they are working or simply representing the NFL, the players should follow how the company wants the employees to represent it. Or they can quit, or go on strike. But the lack of respect the players have towards their employer is crazy now that they got their money.

The NFL allowed them to do it last year. They were not required to stand during the anthem. I don't know why you are so worked up about this. They have since changed their policy because it was not worded that they were required to stand. The whole this is so incredibly stupid since all this patriotism crap is just a money grab for the NFL and recruiting tool for the military. Who gets all the backlash though? The players.

And Hawkeyes mask comes off, perhaps he is biased and lost respect for people. Pstt this is a football site, and yes the players brought it here. What a wolf in sheeps clothing you are.

I called you out, get over it. What you think the chances of me thinking you even served are decorated cold war hero?

Why are you even talking about Obama right now anyway? This has nothing to do with him.

:doh:

you're the one who brought obama into the conversation, remember?

"There was just as much complaining when Obama was President and he was so much more respectful of a person. "

if it has nothing to do with him, why did you bring it up?

I called you out, get over it. What you think the chances of me thinking you even served are decorated cold war hero?

lol

did you serve? if not, then "calling out" a serviceman over his service is a ###### disgrace. ask your many family members who did serve, and they'll either say the same, or will politely change the subject.

"Wave" of attacks on Muslims, LGBT, etc etc. What a bunch of nonsense. There was no "wave" and nearly all of those "attacks" were proven to be hoaxes.
  • Like 1

lol

did you serve? if not, then "calling out" a serviceman over his service is a ###### disgrace. ask your many family members who did serve, and they'll either say the same, or will politely change the subject.

Maybe, does it matter if I say it on some site? I may be a rocket scientist also. What I choose to keep private is my business. But all military people don't think as 1. Some don't wish to talk about it, some like u apparently want your boots licked.

Maybe, does it matter if I say it on some site? I may be a rocket scientist also. What I choose to keep private is my business. But all military people don't think as 1. Some don't wish to talk about it, some like u apparently want your boots licked.

you misunderstand. i'm not trying to win an argument with you--i'm telling you how it is. if you haven't served, your comments are basically spitting on the graves of a whole lot of cold warriors who fought, bled, and died in order to keep you safe in your bed at night.

as you point out, i have no way of knowing if you're actually that pathetic a human being.

but you know.

And Hawkeyes mask comes off, perhaps he is biased and lost respect for people. Pstt this is a football site, and yes the players brought it here. What a wolf in sheeps clothing you are.

What the hell are you talking about?

I liked how Trumps patriotic event consisted of WH staffers and interns standing in a lawn and the POTUS forgot the words to God Bless America so he stood there like a retard nodding his head. Great job Don.

I am guessing that a lot of our soldiers serve and die for our freedom, over whatever goes on with the flag. Thank you for posting, VJaye.

• Like 2

It's a shame that years from now the eagles championship will be overshadowed by this. It was a really, really dumb move on their part. I'd say their fans deserve better, but they don't.

Why does Donald hate the troops? :(

Why does he also hate common sense and human decency?

Why does he also hate common sense and human decency?

You all are so blind to what common sense is. Trump has already been far surpassing that of his predecesor as far as presidential achievements. obama's only achievements in 8 years was to divide the country into individual groups against each other with his massive push of identity politics, and to just keeping preaching "hope" by his own words and his desire to have the masses reliant in the long run dependant on government programs.

You guys fell for that crap and got nothing but that, and now we have a president that gets things done and cares less about image than he does about doing the right things for the country. And you whine. Wow.

Anyway, go Bears.

Not going to get too deep into this....

Trump is a ###### and the worst president ever.

He brings out the worst in white people.

PERIOD.

See you guys in September.

• Like 1

You all are so blind to what common sense is. Trump has already been far surpassing that of his predecesor as far as presidential achievements. obama's only achievements in 8 years was to divide the country into individual groups against each other with his massive push of identity politics, and to just keeping preaching "hope" by his own words and his desire to have the masses reliant in the long run dependant on government programs.

You guys fell for that crap and got nothing but that, and now we have a president that gets things done and cares less about image than he does about doing the right things for the country. And you whine. Wow.

Not blind at all. I don't buy into any of the propaganda from Fox News or any of that other crap and before you make the comment I also don't watch CNN or any liberal crap. I see things from both sides and try to keep an open mind then make develop my own opinions.

I think it's incredibly obvious that Trump only cares about himself and everything he does is done in order to benefit himself. He does not care about me, you, the anthem, the flag or the military. All he cares about is pandering to his base.

• Like 1

Not going to get too deep into this....

Trump is a ###### and the worst president ever.

He brings out the worst in white people.

PERIOD.

See you guys in September.

Name calling, and baseless accusations. Sounds about right from you all.

I think it's incredibly obvious that Trump only cares about himself and everything he does is done in order to benefit himself. He does not care about me, you, the anthem, the flag or the military. All he cares about is pandering to his base.

This a baseless perception on your part, not a valid observation.

Anyway, back to football...

This a baseless perception on your part, not a valid observation.

Anyway, back to football...

And what would you like to discuss about football?

Not blind at all. I don't buy into any of the propaganda from Fox News or any of that other crap and before you make the comment I also don't watch CNN or any liberal crap. I see things from both sides and try to keep an open mind then make develop my own opinions.

Your lies are adding up. First you want to put us down for talking about things, then inject your own views. Then you aren't smart enough to know FOX news is the only non-liberal channel out there. The only other alternative is Christian radio.

Your lies are adding up. First you want to put us down for talking about things, then inject your own views. Then you aren't smart enough to know FOX news is the only non-liberal channel out there. The only other alternative is Christian radio.

Please stop with how ridiculous you are on this. There are plenty of conservative news outlets out there. I was not being specific to just channels but I listed Fox News and CNN because those are the most popular. There are sources like The Blaze, which is a channel. RedState is shared all over Facebook. Breitbart and Drudge Report are also popular ones.

I hope you're not an Alex Jones fan.

you misunderstand. i'm not trying to win an argument with you--i'm telling you how it is. if you haven't served, your comments are basically spitting on the graves of a whole lot of cold warriors who fought, bled, and died in order to keep you safe in your bed at night.

as you point out, i have no way of knowing if you're actually that pathetic a human being.

but you know.

You aren't telling me chxx when it comes to the military, get over yourself.

Then you aren't smart enough to know FOX news is the only non-liberal channel out there. The only other alternative is Christian radio.

regardless of the other stuff, this is on target. liberals are so insulated from the world that they actually believe that there is non-liberal media aside from fox, some talk radio, and the internet. that's why liberals rage so hard against these outlets, and try to get them suppressed. the left is really big on free speech...so long as they get to control the speech.

regardless of one's political valence, here's a useful test of media bias: if you believe that something is 'objective' or 'balanced', it is biased your way. if you're not shouting at the screen half the time, it's biased your way.

if your're watching news that isn't fox (which is right-biased), then the news you're watching is almost certainly left-biased.

Please stop with how ridiculous you are on this. There are plenty of conservative news outlets out there. I was not being specific to just channels but I listed Fox News and CNN because those are the most popular. There are sources like The Blaze, which is a channel. RedState is shared all over Facebook. Breitbart and Drudge Report are also popular ones.

facebook is liberal, and I noticed it took you a long time looking up sources that nobody goes to. But your wrong, I had to stop watching the stock market channel even though they broke record after record because they tried to tie it to obama

regardless of the other stuff, this is on target. liberals are so insulated from the world that they actually believe that there is non-liberal media aside from fox, some talk radio, and the internet. that's why liberals rage so hard against these outlets, and try to get them suppressed. the left is really big on free speech...so long as they get to control the speech.

regardless of one's political valence, here's a useful test of media bias: if you believe that something is 'objective' or 'balanced', it is biased your way. if you're not shouting at the screen half the time, it's biased your way.

if your're watching news that isn't fox (which is right-biased), then the news you're watching is almost certainly left-biased.

Just to save you some time, I'm not Liberal or Conservative. I think there are way too many crazies on both sides. I can't stand the fact that there are parties and think it's destroyed our government and political landscape. Too many people pick party over country now.

yep--everything you listed is alternative media, which the left can't suppress as easily. they still try--both facebook and twitter have been caught suppressing trending conservative stories and hashtags--but it's more difficult for them because web content distribution is not controlled by network oligarchs and state-created cable monopolies.