Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Buying a new truck...

Well I'm sure this will go about as well as my motorcycle thread will but here's what I'm very very very tentatively looking at....

https://rockyridgetrucks.com/lifted-trucks/lifted-chevrolet-trucks/silverado-1500-2500/mad-rock/

You look cool until you get your a$$ kicked by some 66 yr old blue haired fossil driving a 1979 toyota pick up.

Audi S5. Would never drive a Prius. I did drive a Ford F-150 FX4 before the Audi though. Transmission went out at 60k. Piece of crap.

Leveling kits are mandatory on a truck. They look dumb as hell, when theyre all dumpy in the front.

Awesome.

I still got a small pemis.

But, when I bought my Tacoma. I put in a 2 inch leveling kit. The went from 245/70/16 road tires. To, 265/75/16 all terrains.

It was about a grand for everything, (kit, tires, labor, alignment, ect.)

Wow! What a difference in appearance.

You must have a terribly tiny peemus

You have no idea.

I'm married though... which is pretty much like not having one.

You have no idea.

I'm married though... which is pretty much like not having one.

Then that truck is just what you need

Don't buy that truck new. Just wait til the poor sap who through the fog of his mid life crisis realizes what a stupid idea it was and tries to unload it for half price on Craigslist.

Awesome.

I still got a small pemis.

But, when I bought my Tacoma. I put in a 2 inch leveling kit. The went from 245/70/16 road tires. To, 265/75/16 all terrains.

It was about a grand for everything, (kit, tires, labor, alignment, ect.)

Wow! What a difference in appearance.

I had the same kit and BFG AT KO2 tires. I loved that truck, until I needed to spend 4g on the new tranny at 60k. Put another 20k on it and then sold it.

Truck - https://i.imgur.com/rSKwQIV.jpg

Audi - https://i.imgur.com/6PdKx2S.jpg

Don't buy that truck new. Just wait til the poor sap who through the fog of his mid life crisis realizes what a stupid idea it was and tries to unload it for half price on Craigslist.

Don't knock Craigslist. That's where MDC got his wife.

Wow! That's very un toyota like. What the hell do you think happened? .

I bought a Ford instead of a Toyota. Thats what happened.

My first car was a little 87 Toyota Pick-Up. Bought it used in 93. Had almost 200k on it when I bought the Ford in 2004. Never had a problem, except the clutch and brakes needed replacing around 110k. Should have stuck with Toyota.

Ill probably regret buying this Audi even more. So far nothing major at 50k. But I did have to replace both front head lamps and they were 300$ a pop. Every damn thing on this car costs like 5x what it should.

Ha... I was more looking at how you deal with the dealer as far as getting the price down a little.

Print out info with invoice price with options...add a few %...walk out if they don’t like it.

Note this only works if you have many potential dealers from whom to make your purchase.

Ha... I was more looking at how you deal with the dealer as far as getting the price down a little.

One way.. you walk off the lot. Thats it. They call you a few days later.

And dont tell them your paying cash.

Don't forget a saggy set of truck nuts too. Might as well go all out.

Don't forget a saggy set of truck nuts too. Might as well go all out.

And one of those stickers of the kid peeing on your trucks competition.

As long as it doesn't cover up the gun rack

You can always put fishing poles in there champ. Still bush enough for us.

One way.. you walk off the lot. Thats it. They call you a few days later.

And dont tell them your paying cash.

Agree. They hate hearing you pay cash. They want that interest from a loan. Tell them you are thinking about putting like 5g or 10g down. Then once everything is agreed upon tell them you want to pay cash

Ill probably regret buying this Audi even more.

You will :(

Audi S5. Would never drive a Prius. I did drive a Ford F-150 FX4 before the Audi though. Transmission went out at 60k. Piece of crap.

Nice. How has your ownership experience been?

Im looking at A6/A7/S6/S7 looking for a low mile 16. I think all the lines use the same engines. I figure the supercharged 6 has plenty of power in its own right for my purposes, but the Ss look cool. Id probably try to find an A with black optics package to get some of the look, ideally a prestige w virtual cockpit. Have an Acura w close to 150k. Still runs and looks good and I just put 4 new conti DSW tires on it. Im in no rush, just following the market now

Im looking at A6/A7/S6/S7 looking for a low mile 16. I think all the lines use the same engines. I figure the supercharged 6 has plenty of power in its own right for my purposes, but the Ss look cool. Id probably try to find an A with black optics package to get some of the look, ideally a prestige w virtual cockpit. Have an Acura w close to 150k. Still runs and looks good and I just put 4 new conti DSW tires on it. Im in no rush, just following the market now

The Audi Reliability Rating is 3.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 29th out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. The average annual repair cost for a Audi is $1,011, which means it has average ownership costs. The other factors that contribute to Audi reliability include an average of 1.0 visits to a repair shop per year and a 10% probability of a repair being severe.

https://repairpal.com/reliability/audi

The Audi Reliability Rating is 3.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 29th out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. The average annual repair cost for a Audi is $1,011, which means it has average ownership costs. The other factors that contribute to Audi reliability include an average of 1.0 visits to a repair shop per year and a 10% probability of a repair being severe.

https://repairpal.com/reliability/audi

A6/A7 vs BMW 640 vs Porsche Panamera, whats your pick?. Thinking the Audi is the best bet of that bunch. Prefer naturally aspirated to forced induction, but within forced induction prefer supercharged to turbocharged due to simplicity and reliability

Been good. I bought the car pre-owned in 2015, with around 30k (it's a 2013). 3 years later I'm at around 60k, and haven't had any mechanical issues. Just needed to replace the battery and both of the front head lamps. Of course repairs are expensive, but you know that going into it with German cars.

I'd get the A7/S7 if I were you. I wanted an A7 (couldn't afford S7), but had a really hard time finding a 6 speed manual. I spent maybe 6 months combing the local dealerships and web, but only found automatics. Then this S5 manual came in to one of the dealerships for a pretty good price, so I jumped on it. I like the lines of the 7 the best though. The back-end is :wub:.

A6/A7 vs BMW 640 vs Porsche Panamera, whats your pick?. Thinking the Audi is the best bet of that bunch. Prefer naturally aspirated to forced induction, but within forced induction prefer supercharged to turbocharged due to simplicity and reliability

I'm prolly not the right person to ask given my hatred for german cars in general. :(

Ok...going in today to talk numbers and sign.

$53k truck (prior to $20k uogrades which isn't negotiable)

The $53 has $15k off for a national sale on Silverados since the 19s are coming. So we are down to $38k.

Am I able to negotiate down much from that? It's 28% off already so wasn't sure if there's anything else I can reasonably ask for?

Ok...going in today to talk numbers and sign.

$53k truck (prior to $20k uogrades which isn't negotiable)

The $53 has $15k off for a national sale on Silverados since the 19s are coming. So we are down to $38k.

Am I able to negotiate down much from that? It's 28% off already so wasn't sure if there's anything else I can reasonably ask for?

A handjob :dunno:

I get quotes from multiple dealers for the same exact vehicle. I will sort of work them against each other. Then when the lowest one says thats it, I give it a few days. If they dont contact me saying they can do better, Ill reach back out and go with them.

Everyone wants the best deal, me included. Ill pay a little more if its more convenient to buy from the local dealership and itll be serviced there.

Is any service included...oil changes for 30k or something?

What color are you going with?

I get quotes from multiple dealers for the same exact vehicle. I will sort of work them against each other. Then when the lowest one says thats it, I give it a few days. If they dont contact me saying they can do better, Ill reach back out and go with them.

Everyone wants the best deal, me included. Ill pay a little more if its more convenient to buy from the local dealership and itll be serviced there.

Is any service included...oil changes for 30k or something?

What color are you going with?

Yeah this is definitely the cheapest one I could find. Part of the problem is the upgrade package that I'm sending the truck away for only deals with this dealer or one in Omaha which is 2 hours away.

Yes sounds like I get four oil changes and tire rotations. I can also Bring it through their car wash every day if I wanted to. He said there's a lot more other stuff as well when I come down.

Black.

Yeah this is definitely the cheapest one I could find. Part of the problem is the upgrade package that I'm sending the truck away for only deals with this dealer or one in Omaha which is 2 hours away.

Yes sounds like I get four oil changes and tire rotations. I can also Bring it through their car wash every day if I wanted to. He said there's a lot more other stuff as well when I come down.

Black.

:thumbsup:

Ok. One more time - go to kbb.com and price it out. They will show you, including options what invoice and a fair price is. Ignore it at your own risk

Ok. One more time - go to kbb.com and price it out. They will show you, including options what invoice and a fair price is. Ignore it at your own risk

I did. I even checked a dealership down in Oklahoma City. This was the best deal I could find. We have a relative that's a Chevy dealer down in Missouri and he said that was a really good deal getting $15,000 off the truck.

No biggie I was just trying to see you there was something in the negotiating of the price that I might be missing that you guys who have probably dealt with this more might know. Thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it.

Go for the spray-in bedliner if it doesn't already have it.