Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - June Mock 2018 **

Speaking of which, how old is everybody here? Just curious. Not sure we've ever asked that during this mock.

I am 47.

Looks like I am the "old man by the sea" in this group.........64 y.o.

Retired at 61 yo and living the Great life here in Colorado!

Been on this Board since 1999, so this is my 20th year. Been playing FF for 23 years.

43, Just retired from the Air Force after 24 years of service.

Moved back to Florida panhandle to settle down and figure out what I want to do for my 2nd career

Moved back to Florida panhandle to settle down and figure out what I want to do for my 2nd career

What was your AFSC

Does fantasy football count as a career?

I know most of you probably already know this.....but I totally believe in using the "follow this topic" tab at the top of each Round Selection Topic. It instantly notifies me when a pick has been made and what that pick is.

It keeps me up-to-date without having to go to the Mocking Station all the time. Do you all use this also?

2.12 - Lesean McCoy : Was waffling on this one a bit, went back and forth with a three-player comparison, ultimately just made a gut-check call and went with McCoy, in some small part based on the team likely needing him to sustain their offense.

3.01 - Ran a simply query in excel that led me to choosing Rodgers here, based on what else was in range, taking him here is just a smidge high on his ADP, but he has been the best QB in FF for years now, and getting that value could not be missed.

:doublethumbsup: for service!

I know most of you probably already know this.....but I totally believe in using the "follow this topic" tab at the top of each Round Selection Topic. It instantly notifies me when a pick has been made and what that pick is.

It keeps me up-to-date without having to go to the Mocking Station all the time. Do you all use this also?

Hopefully it notified you now. Don't make me call JScott to get ahold of you!

3.01 for Rodgers is not bad value at all. I would have done it.

The question is what will Ray have to choose from at WR since his first guy at that position can't come until at least pick # 48.

After I made my second pick, I thought I had screwed up. I was sure robb or RLLD was going to take Hill.

Doing it again, I would have taken Hill in the second, and the best RB available in the third. But it worked out this time.

• Like 1

Just when you think you have a strategy all mapped out........WHAM.......RLLD ends it!!

I started this draft thinking I would go RB-RB-RB....but then Mixon was selected (who I really wanted) so that blew that strategy.

OK, I am flexible, so I came up with a different approach, one I have never done before. I would get the #1 QB,RB & TE and then go from there. I never take a TE until round 10/11.....so a new approach,

But, No......RLLD cherry picks Rodgers right before my 3.02 selection and I am "back to page one". Great pick Ray and I applaud you for it! Now I am stuck with Gronk who I have never had on a team of mine.

Just when you think you have a strategy all mapped out........WHAM.......RLLD ends it!!

I started this draft thinking I would go RB-RB-RB....but then Mixon was selected (who I really wanted) so that blew that strategy.

OK, I am flexible, so I came up with a different approach, one I have never done before. I would get the #1 QB,RB & TE and then go from there. I never take a TE until round 10/11.....so a new approach,

But, No......RLLD cherry picks Rodgers right before my 3.02 selection and I am "back to page one". Great pick Ray and I applaud you for it! Now I am stuck with Gronk who I have never had on a team of mine.

I've never liked a team of mine that had Gronk on it. I always thought his high price made the rest of my team weak.

Interesting that neither of you took a WR through three rounds...

I think Gronk is a good pick at this point. Yeah, going TE this early puts a damper on your other positions, but a healthy Gronk is a complete stud.

It's when he's coming off a good year and is a first round pick I avoid him like the plague.

3M0X1, and did 3 years as a First Sergeant

Was that what used to be called the Services Group/Squadron?

• Like 1

My plan was to take McCaffrey with this pick but he went the pick before me. Figures. I wanted to take a RB but didn't see any I liked right there so took the best player available which was Baldwin for me.

My plan was to take McCaffrey with this pick but he went the pick before me. Figures. I wanted to take a RB but didn't see any I liked right there so took the best player available which was Baldwin for me.

Had I waited, it would have been scraps by the time it came back around to me.

Interesting that neither of you took a WR through three rounds...

I perceive there is good value later in the draft this year. The stud WRs are gone, I'll take my chances on a SF offense that will produce points this year (McKinnon) versus the receivers left. Just my opinion......and it could be wrong.

Was that what used to be called the Services Group/Squadron?

Yep Services, now Force Support... Did Hotel, Food Service, Recreation, Fitness, and Mortuary Management

McKinnon scares the hell out of me.

Watching him for 4 years in Minnesota, he has some talent, but I don't see anything more than a 1B back, definitely not top worth a top 5 positional salary.

Obviously Shanahan and Lynch see something I don't, but...

Watching him for 4 years in Minnesota, he has some talent, but I don't see anything more than a 1B back, definitely not top worth a top 5 positional salary.

Thanks V4E. This is the kind of feedback I like from the June Mock. I would rather hear this now, in June, than make a mistake in August drafting.

I was born & raised in Minnesota so I still follow the Vikes a lot, and McKinnon does have talent. I guess I thought he was misused in Minnesota with Murray, then Cook (for a while) and before that he had AP and Asiata. So maybe he just never got the opportunity he needed. What do others think??

Thanks V4E. This is the kind of feedback I like from the June Mock. I would rather hear this now, in June, than make a mistake in August drafting.

I was born & raised in Minnesota so I still follow the Vikes a lot, and McKinnon does have talent. I guess I thought he was misused in Minnesota with Murray, then Cook (for a while) and before that he had AP and Asiata. So maybe he just never got the opportunity he needed. What do others think??

As a Bear's fan I've seen him play plenty and thing he has talent but I'm not sure he's a top tier guy. I was very surprised when I saw his ADP as high as it is. I figure if he was ever good enough to be the main man then he would've been by now. I guess we'll have to have wait and see not that he's on a new team.

I view him as top tier talent that will never fully get a chance to carry the load....ala Gio Bernard.

His ADP is high because of the Shanahan effect. Shanahan turned Devonta Freeman into a stud when he was in Atlanta and I don't think most people believe Freeman is way more talented than McKinnon. It's about the system.

I think he'd be a good part of a combo, I don't know he can handle an every down role.

And you can argue that he was misused in Minnesota, but he lost a LOT of opportunities on third down (which should be an area he thrives in) because his lack of pass blocking skills. That's what kept Asiata in Minnesota for so long. Maybe that's less critical in under Shanny, though.

Picking TY Hilton and hoping that his QB will come back and be ok.

Can't say this would be a good pick if this certain QB does not return or looks off.

Nice pick on Hilton. He was my top target at 3.10.

Picking TY Hilton and hoping that his QB will come back and be ok.

Can't say this would be a good pick if this certain QB does not return or looks off.

Yep, his value is tied to his QB.

And in this league, he gets a (minor) bump due to his tendency to blow up in a few games, at the cost of disappearing for a few games.

I wanted to pick Thielen. I had him higher than TY, but I don't like putting 2 of my top 3 players in one (MINN) basket.

Something is happening in SF and I feel McKinnon only adds to it. He was my top choice followed by Theilen/Kelce for my 3rd rounder.

Something is happening in SF and I feel McKinnon only adds to it. He was my top choice followed by Theilen/Kelce for my 3rd rounder.

I wanted Thielen. But this is the second round in a row that I wrestled with taking one of the thinning number of running backs. Measuring by output, I think Thielen is the best choice. But taking value into account, I just like the explosive potential of Drake, and don't feel I'm going to be able to replicate that as easily, even in potential, as the rounds go on.

Nice pic, remote.

Guise has to be a bit of a reach, no?

Maybe slightly, but as with all talented rookies, there is upside.

I wanted Thielen. But this is the second round in a row that I wrestled with taking one of the thinning number of running backs. Measuring by output, I think Thielen is the best choice. But taking value into account, I just like the explosive potential of Drake, and don't feel I'm going to be able to replicate that as easily, even in potential, as the rounds go on.

Nice pic, remote.

Choosing between Drake and Henry is a tough one for me. Ultimately, I like the guy who should find the end zone a lot more.

Choosing between Drake and Henry is a tough one for me. Ultimately, I like the guy who should find the end zone a lot more.

I hear this; I just have a hard time getting excited about Tennessee's scoring potential. I think drake has a higher ceiling, even if his youth could bite me.

One of the two QB's involved I have pegged for 5-6 rushing td's. fwiw On the other hand, they just haven't rolled out the carpet for Drake either.