Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Free Agency 2018 Thread

You have a problem with him going to the Lakers but were perfectly fine with going to MIA to team up with the 2nd best player in thr league. But then call foul on super teams.

Bizarre stuff

The Celtics said they did make an offer and it was down to them and the Warriors. Cousins chose the Warriors.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded like Cousins said he didn't get any serious offers...Then he and his agent decided they were going to call up either the Celtics or Warriors and make their own offer, and they chose Warriors.

But maybe I misunderstood his quotes.

LeBron left because he had no help (first time around) to build something in Miami.

Here is what Lebron left the first time around.

2010: His team had the best record in the entire NBA

2009: His team had the best record in the entire NBA

But since they didn't win the title either year, he had no help I guess. :dunno:

Here is what Lebron left the first time around.

2010: His team had the best record in the entire NBA

2009: His team had the best record in the entire NBA

But since they didn't win the title either year, he had no help I guess. :dunno:

Post the Rosters of those teams and lets look. :lol:

Who won the NBA finals in 2015?

Klay Thompson 7 7 26.7 .509 .500 .880 2.9 2.7 1.0 1.3 21.7

Stephen Curry 7 7 26.3 .500 .514 .829 2.9 6.1 1.7 0.3 17.3

David Lee 7 7 22.3 .678 .000 .727 5.3 3.1 0.6 0.3 12.6

Nemanja Nedović 5 1 16.0 .517 .444 .750 1.0 2.6 1.4 0.2 9.2

Draymond Green 8 1 21.9 .451 .364 .679 4.5 2.9 0.8 0.4 9.1

Harrison Barnes 8 5 26.9 .481 .312 .667 3.4 0.8 0.8 0.5 9.1

Leandro Barbosa 6 0 13.8 .531 .375 .900 0.8 1.2 0.2 0.0 7.7

Festus Ezeli 2 0 7.5 .833 .000 .600 1.5 0.0 0.0 0.5 6.5

Justin Holiday 8 0 11.5 .436 .368 .833 1.1 0.9 0.5 0.4 5.8

Ognjen Kuzmić 7 2 16.9 .682 .000 .643 5.7 1.7 0.4 0.1 5.6

James Michael McAdoo 5 0 13.2 .643 .000 .769 3.6 0.4 1.2 0.2 5.6

Marreese Speights 6 0 11.8 .444 .333 .875 3.2 0.5 0.2 0.5 5.3

Andrew Bogut 6 6 22.0 .789 .000 .200 5.7 4.3 1.0 1.2 5.3

Andre Iguodala 8 4 20.0 .441 .375 .429 2.1 3.6 1.0 0.4 5.2

Brandon Rush 6 0 11.0 .261 .083 .889 1.8 0.3 0.0 1.0 3.5

Mitchell Watt 2 0 9.5 .375 .000 .500 2.0 1.5 0.5 1.5 3.5

Jason Kapono 5 0 8.6 .333 .200 .800 1.6 0.4 0.2 0.0 3.2

Aaron Craft 4 0 14.8 .500 .400 .000 2.5 1.5 1.0 0.0 3.0

I guess to the simple minded everything is either exactly the same or completely different. There aren't varying degrees or shades between black and white. :doh:

I'll post this again:

We all have our thresholds. KD and Cousins have taken what LeBron did to the Nth degree. LeBron left because he had no help (first time around) to build something in Miami. Granted yes, it was player movement to build a really good team. These guys are leaving to an already built super team just to waltz to a ring. It's past my threshold of weak. If LeBron had gone to the Warriors I would say the exact same thing. I'm sorry that offends you.

This is spot on.

Such a weird tweet, GS owns LeBron.

He was extremely fortunate to get 1 against them.

Dumb.

Such a weird tweet, GS owns LeBron.

He was extremely fortunate to get 1 against them.

Dumb.

I’d go the other way. The warriors own the whole NBA and the fact that LeBron plus some other guys came back from 3-1 is miraculous. No shame in losing to them but much glory in beating them even once.

Post the Rosters of those teams and lets look. :lol:

Instead, I'll post the roster of the 2009 Orlando team that convinced Lebron he needed more help.........Dwight Howard....and 10 guys named Courtney.

Lebron didn't have to beat 2017 Golden State back then. He had to beat teams with 1 superstar and a bunch of role players, or teams with 3 good players but no superstar.

I’d go the other way. The warriors own the whole NBA and the fact that LeBron plus some other guys came back from 3-1 is miraculous. No shame in losing to them but much glory in beating them even once.

Rich Beem beat Tiger Woods in the 2002 PGA Championship

Sometimes people get lucky.

:lol: at the NBA...

Pretty much. Here in California people are pumped but I can’t imagine excitement or optimism anywhere else.

Spurs reported want Ingram, Kazuma, 2 first rounders and two pick swaps for Kahwi. :lol:

Spurs reported want Ingram, Kazuma, 2 first rounders and two pick swaps for Kahwi. :lol:

I'm surprised Pop didn't ask for a couple of handies from Jeannie Buss along with all of that.

I'm surprised Pop didn't ask for a couple of handies from Jeannie Buss along with all of that.

He's not that desperate to get rid of him.

And more for those that are ripping on Boogie Cousins....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-lakers-turned-down-chance-to-sign-demarcus-cousins/ar-AAzyiOM?li=BBnbfcL

The Lakers turned down a chance to get DeMarcus Cousins, reportsThe New York Times' Marc Stein.

Cousins agreed to a one-year, $5.3 million deal with the Warriors on Monday.

According to Stein, the Lakers, "after signing Rajon Rondo away from New Orleans and then losing Randle to the Pelicans, had an opportunity to sign Cousins at a one-year price point similar to the one that landed him in Golden State. But [stein was] told the Lakers passed, clearing the way for the Warriors to infuriate the basketball public yet again."

So everyone needs to stop biitching about this one. If anything, blame Lebron.

Why doesn't anyone want to play with lebron?

Definitely a valid question.

Why doesn't anyone want to play with lebron?

Definitely a valid question.

When the team wins, you get zero of the credit. When the team loses, you get all of the blame.

Hell, if the team doesn't win as many titles as it loses......you can be a 5 time All Star....2 Time all NBA selection....have a 67% probability of getting into the NBA Hall of Fame....yet everyone will dismiss those bullet points as flukes.....and you will now be considered so sucky that the masses say it's unfair to ask Lebron to win with someone as sucky as you for help.

But besides that, unsure why people don't want to play with him.

The Warriors didn't even know he was available. Cousins called THEM and accepted the MLE. The idea there were no other offers but GSW's is disingenuous and patently false. It's where he wanted to go and he took less money to do so. Good for him, I question his competibvenss, but if that's what he wanted fine. But let's all stop with the nonsense GSW's was his ONLY option. If you believe that you're gullible as hell.

When you only have two or three teams you'll even talk too and you don't even give one of those three a chance to respond.......that's not options.....that's picking exactly where you wanted to go. So be it, but lets stop the nonsense that he was "forced to choose the Warriors!@#!" :lol:

Cousins camp alerted Boston to a potential interest in signing there, per source, but the deal with Golden State was wrapped up before the Celtics made an offer

He knew exactly where he wanted to go........Which again. is Fine.

But we can stop with feeling sorry for Boogie because the Warriros were the only team in the NBA that would want him nonsense. :lol:

The Warriors didn't even know he was available. Cousins called THEM and accepted the MLE. The idea there were no other offers but GSW's is disingenuous and patently false. It's where he wanted to go and he took less money to do so. Good for him, I question his competibvenss, but if that's what he wanted fine. But let's all stop with the nonsense GSW's was his ONLY option. If you believe that you're gullible as hell.

When you only have two or three teams you'll even talk too and you don't even give one of those three a chance to respond.......that's not options.....that's picking exactly where you wanted to go. So be it, but lets stop the nonsense that he was "forced to choose the Warriors!@#!" :lol:

He knew exactly where he wanted to go........Which again. is Fine.

But we can stop with feeling sorry for Boogie because the Warriros were the only team in the NBA that would want him nonsense. :lol:

why would anyone feel sorry for him ?

I kinda feel sorry for lebron. He's that obnoxious spoiled douche nobody likes or want to play with.

why would anyone feel sorry for him ?

I kinda feel sorry for lebron. He's that obnoxious spoiled douche nobody likes or want to play with.

This. :thumbsup: