Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Hypothetical starting lineup question

This is a cliff notes version, as it's a very complicated, and in depth league.

So, with that said. For a 16 team, ppr league. Start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te requirement. Would you feel comfortable with this?

Russell Wilson

Kareem Hunt

Amari Cooper

Jarvis Landry

Rob Gronkowski.

Obviously the qb, rb, te positions look really solid.

But what about the 2 wr's. In a normal league, I'd be worried trotting out those two cats.

BUT,

It is a 16 teamer. It is PPR scoring. And I am solid at the other spots.

I spend 1 day thinking those wr's just aren't good enough. The next, I feel like I'll get by.

What say you?

Too much mouths too feed on the Browns too see Landry catching the number of passes he ha sin his past with the Dolphins.

His avg per rec hasnt even been that high and he doesnt seem too score a lot of tds.

But he has avg over 100 rec per season that last three, I dont see him getting more then 75 with the other talent thats on the Browns.

Im still not even sold that Cooper will ever be the player he was drafted too be.

Heck he might be the third most productive wr on the Raiders this season.

But in a 16 team league its a good pair.

16 team league wow. Tough one.

• Like 1

I pretty much agree with everything weepaws said.

Landry's value took a huge hit. I've been a big Coop fan since his days in Tuscaloosa, but I'm starting to have my doubts about his superstar potential in the NFL.

Then again, I could be very wrong.

I would think that seems pretty solid for 16 teams. If Gronk stays healthy ( good luck with that), it could be very good. I can only imagine what some of those starting TEs might look like in a 16 team league. I bet that could give you a major advantage most weeks. Who knows maybe Gruden will resurrect Cooper, but last year was ugly.

This is a cliff notes version, as it's a very complicated, and in depth league.

So, with that said. For a 16 team, ppr league. Start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te requirement. Would you feel comfortable with this?

Russell Wilson

Kareem Hunt

Amari Cooper

Jarvis Landry

Rob Gronkowski.

Obviously the qb, rb, te positions look really solid.

But what about the 2 wr's. In a normal league, I'd be worried trotting out those two cats.

BUT,

It is a 16 teamer. It is PPR scoring. And I am solid at the other spots.

I spend 1 day thinking those wr's just aren't good enough. The next, I feel like I'll get by.

What say you?

WRs are a dime a dozen. If those 2 don't work out, use the other ones you drafted. No reason to think that Landry and Cooper won't be decent though. Cleveland got Landry because he is a catch machine, and Cooper is going to need to be good for that offense to work. Plus Gruden likes him a lot. Not a bad start for him on the year.

After the first handful, wide receivers are pretty meh to me. You have a couple who could be good some weeks and awful other weeks, that puts you in the same boat as just about every other team. In a 16 teamer you're ahead at the QB and TE and probably average at the RB and WR. It's not a team you run the table with, but it gives you a chance every week.

Average at rb?

Hunt isn’t avg.

He’s a top five rb.

I think this team is a very good team minus the wr postion.

In a 16 team league you can diffently compete for the title.

Thanks.

Average at rb?

Hunt isnt avg.

Hes a top five rb.

I think this team is a very good team minus the wr postion.

In a 16 team league you can diffently compete for the title.

Thanks.

I see Hunt in the back half of the top ten. I can't trust Andy Reid.

Ok back half of the top ten isn’t avg.

I glanced at a recent PPR ADP worksheet and saw that Kareem Hunt was the 11th pick so let's do a 'what if' and assume that you were drafting from the 11th slot. Your first five picks in a 16-teamer would then be #'s 11, 22, 43, 54, and 75....for a cumulative total of 205. But by that same worksheet, the five players you've mentioned above would have been picks #11, 25, 40, 49, and 53...for a total of 178. So you've saved ground somewhere along the way and, by this measure alone, would be expected to perform somewhat better than average versus your league.

In a 16-teamer you're going to have to be "soft" somewhere and these are not the worst names to be soft with. While i won't be targeting either Cooper or Landry in this year's draft, i can still envision scenarios in which they can shine.

A plus for Cooper is that he has a new coach who's committed to extracting a higher level of performance from him and we saw what Amari's capable of in that freakish game against the Chiefs. I'd want to call the absence of Crabtree a second plus but that could well be offset by the presence of Jordy. I like the argument that poster giraldi02 made in the June Mock thread that Cooper is more effective in the slot and may be used there more this year.

At least Landry won't be bumping heads in Cleveland with someone who's already staked out their turf in the short area of the field as Gordon is more of a vertical threat, and the fact that defenses will have to take him seriously helps Landry. i don't know how the coaches plan to use Jarvis but the potential is there for him to have a similar high volume role in the short area like we're accustomed to [note to other readers: I said "similar" and not "same" because it's understood that CLE may have more threats in the passing game than MIA did.]..Remember two years ago when CLE had a boatload of picks in the draft and seemingly used half of them on WRs to "throw some mud against the wall and see what sticks" ? Well, nothing did...not even Corey Coleman, apparently. So the coaching staff may be grateful for and choose to utilize someone like Landry who is already a proven producer in the AFC.

WRs are a dime a dozen. If those 2 don't work out, use the other ones you drafted. No reason to think that Landry and Cooper won't be decent though. Cleveland got Landry because he is a catch machine, and Cooper is going to need to be good for that offense to work. Plus Gruden likes him a lot. Not a bad start for him on the year.

Being a big league. The FA pool is always bare.

My backups aren't the most exciting either. As I have Jordan Matthews, Dede Westbrook and Courtland Sutton.

So baring a trade. It's Cooper & Landry or bust.

16 teamer, 160 catches is probably about average and that should be the ground floor with those 2.

Ok back half of the top ten isn’t avg.

In a 16 team that starts 1 RB, you have a guy roughly around #8. That's the definition of average when it comes to rankings.

No number eight is still above avg even in a 16 teamer.

He’s a round one pick, a round one pick isn’t avg.

And I’m sorry don’t care about it being a 16 teamer or not.

I don’t know why you don’t trust Reid, Hunt finshed number three rb last season with Reid.

I have him ranked number five right now.

No number eight is still above avg even in a 16 teamer.

He’s a round one pick, a round one pick isn’t avg.

And I’m sorry don’t care about it being a 16 teamer or not.

I don’t know why you don’t trust Reid, Hunt finshed number three rb last season with Reid.

I have him ranked number five right now.

I guess technically speaking 7 guys are better off and 9 are worse off, so yes he's slightly better off than the average player in his league. Did you own him last year? He killed a lot of people's season with his lack of productivity in the middle of the year. His usage rate was unpredictable and went through a massive touchdown drought because of it. Even in PPR you need consistency and touchdowns out of a top 5 player.

Lol I did own him, but he was my rb2.

I had Bell as my rb1.

14 teamer I had the second pick.

I think he will even improve of his number this season, expecally in the passing game.

I don’t see neither Ware nor West as any threat, expect of course for a breather.

Thanks for the reply, nice chat, always a pleasure.

Lol I did own him, but he was my rb2.

I had Bell as my rb1.

14 teamer I had the second pick.

I think he will even improve of his number this season, expecally in the passing game.

I dont see neither Ware nor West as any threat, expect of course for a breather.

Thanks for the reply, nice chat, always a pleasure.

I had Bell as well sounds like we had similar teams. Talent wise Hunt is better but I just don't trust Reid and his play calling. Agree to disagree as we're talking about pretty miniscule differences

Yeah but it’s something too talk about.

Thanks appreciate chatting with you.