Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

12 Geeks 1 Cup

I have updated the league average and I lost!

it will take 24 hours to reflect the proper win loss records.

Hefty-set, why am I #5 in waiver priority? Shouldn't I be #1 since I picked last in the draft? I thought it was always reverse order of the draft.

The waiver priority is unchanged from last year. Worst to first. The inverse order of the draft applies to before the season starts

The waiver priority is unchanged from last year. Worst to first. The inverse order of the draft applies to before the season starts

Worst to first, resetting each week? Or stays constant after week 1? Either way, I don't think it was that way last year. Pretty sure I had the last pick in the draft then, too, and held my #1 pick for many weeks into the season before using it.

I don't see how what you said applies anyway, because waiver order is not worst to first right now. It just seems kind of random.

I simply renewed the league, its now changed to reverse order of the standings. why it would revert back to something else, I have no idea

As for last year, you never should have been able to keep a waiver priority based on draft order. That was only for post draft until the season started. you were compensated for drafting 12th, by getting the 1st pick in the 2nd round

here are the waiver wire rules, what are they supposed to be:

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players.

Sunday - Tuesday: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

First game of the week - Tuesday: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

Game Time: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

Continuous: All unowned players are on waivers at all times. Waiver claims are processed on fixed days of the week as defined by the commissioner. When a player is dropped, he must remain on waivers for a set number of days before he can be claimed; that number of days is indicated by the Waiver Time setting.

None: Players not subject to the league's waiver rules remain free agents throughout the week. Players must be added to a roster by 11:59 PM, PT Sunday to be eligible for the current game week.

Note that while changing your waiver rule or continuous waiver clear days during the season are allowed, changing either setting can lead to confusing or unexpected behavior. In particular, if your league has any outstanding waiver claims on players, or has players on waivers due to being dropped or newly added to the game, when you transition between modes or change clear days, players may not clear waivers when you might predict or expect.

I simply renewed the league, its now changed to reverse order of the standings. why it would revert back to something else, I have no idea

As for last year, you never should have been able to keep a waiver priority based on draft order. That was only for post draft until the season started. you were compensated for drafting 12th, by getting the 1st pick in the 2nd round

It wasn't just last year, it was every year I've been in the league. Waiver order started out as reverse order of the draft, and never reset. If you didn't use your waiver priority to pick up a player, it rolled over to the next week. If someone ahead of you used theirs, you moved up a notch.

That's what I was expecting this year.

It wasn't just last year, it was every year I've been in the league. Waiver order started out as reverse order of the draft, and never reset. If you didn't use your waiver priority to pick up a player, it rolled over to the next week. If someone ahead of you used theirs, you moved up a notch.

That's what I was expecting this year.

I expected the league to carryover when it renewed

I expected the league to carryover when it renewed

Never been an issue in the past. Ya done flocked up, kid. Whether waivers worked the way they always have, or the way they now do (as of an hour ago, a pretty big change that should have been voted on), there was no explanation for the way they were set before I piped up.

Never been an issue in the past. Ya done flocked up, kid. Whether waivers worked the way they always have, or the way they now do (as of an hour ago, a pretty big change that should have been voted on), there was no explanation for the way they were set before I piped up.

i am done with this league. Go find another commish and go fock yourself

are you joking here? It seems like all he did was go in and renew the league, with the assumption that last year's rules would carry over. any change that occurred was likely an unintentional oversight. I don't expect the commish to dissect every rule on yahoo. major ones that are league specific, sure. It does not seem like he unilaterally went in and made changes.

are you joking here? It seems like all he did was go in and renew the league, with the assumption that last year's rules would carry over. any change that occurred was likely an unintentional oversight. I don't expect the commish to dissect every rule on yahoo. major ones that are league specific, sure. It does not seem like he unilaterally went in and made changes.

Partly. I don't see why he had to change the way we do waivers instead of just correcting it, though. Also I'm trying something where I'm more of a d!ck to people.

i am done with this league. Go find another commish and go fock yourself

You're pathetic. :lol:

I personally do not have time to commish a league, so am grateful that he is doing it. People are human. Mistakes will happen. There was nothing intentional or malicious here.

HS, when you get a chance can you research the league's historical protocol for waivers? If possible can you change it to the way it has been?

Would like to extend a sincere apology to hefty. I was in a very bad place last week.

I'd still like to keep him as a bored enemy if possible, but I will respect the office of the commissioner. :thumbsup:

• Like 1