Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Rounds 1-3 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2018 **

Already slow.........by this time in the June Mock we had Round 1 completed!! LOL

Already slow.........by this time in the June Mock we had Round 1 completed!! LOL

I was thinking the same thing.

Nothing surprising so far. The first 5 picks have gone in exact order of my cheat sheet. Although, I would say the speed we are going is a bit surprising.

I would have taken David Johnson 2nd, but he is close to Bell. Damn I feel like a dlck. I am usually on time with my picks.

I would have taken David Johnson 2nd, but he is close to Bell. Damn I feel like a dlck. I am usually on time with my picks.

You snooze....................you lose!

I was more than happy to get OBJ with the 11th pick in a PPR draft. So crazy seeing two Giant's players going in the first round now.

Beckham is a fine pick, his early ADP has been 1.07, and his late is at about 2.04, I think you pulled good value where you got him.

Let the bashing begin...

Hunt was the easy pick, but McCaffrey was a 'swing for the fences' kind of deal. Hopefully he can keep the receptions total while increasing the carries.

To start off a PPR draft with OBJ and Julio would have been unheard in the past few years but it's very easy at the end of the draft this year. It could provide a huge advantage at the position if they produce like we all know they can.

In my head I had planned on taking Melvin Gordon here as I've seen him slip in quite a few drafts to the ten spot. I was not upset with getting Saquon. While I'm not a fan of rookie running backs (or any rookies, in general), I think Barkley is going to light it up this year. The Giants O-line has improved and their passing game has to be respected. I think he's a lock for 250+ carries and 50+ catches and by years end will challenge to be a top five RB.

I was also thrown for my second pick as well. I had planned on taking a player that is still on the board, as I did not expect Michael Thomas to make it back to me. With what should be one of the top backs already on my roster, I grabbed what should be a top 5 WR. I think there is a lot of WR talent that can be had later in the draft, but in a league starting 3 WR I am happy to get a leg up at that position as well.

happy enough with my start. If i had gone another route, it would have been Kareem Hunt + player still undrafted.

I think going receiver back to back here is really risky. Julio is never much for touch down production

Continues to get a lot of catches and yards every year. TDs are too hard to predict regardless and doubt they will be worse than last year. I could easily end up with two top 5 WRs at the end of the season.

My posts keep disappearing. This will likely be a duplicate post. My three guys in the list I sent Mike are still available. I'm happy. Not at all slamming any pick taken, just glad my guys made it.

I was hoping that either Thomas or Jones just might slip down to me, but I was not surprised when they did not. The decision to go with Cook was not all that difficult, but I did give it a bit of thought as there were some options.

But when I shuffled the deck and did my likely draft model for the remaining picks, I was satisfied with Cook at this stage

Let's see if Cook can maintain his pace from last year with a new OC. I feel like he may be in for some regression, plus coming back from the injury

I am heading out soon, will be gone for about an hour or two, where can I send a list?

This draft is going so slow that I'm almost certain that I'll miss one of my picks.

It's quite the change from the June draft. We finished that in 8 days.

I am always going to have Hill on my team when it's possible. The frustrating part, Andy Reid thinks his playbook is what wins games. You would think the lack of SB victories would clue him in that maybe his playbook isn't all that? I really dislike Reid as a coach. He would rather lose sticking to his playbook than just give his good players more touches. Still, Hill is one of the most prolific scorers of all time, right up there with other elite scorers like Cordelle Patterson and Antone Smith

I was pretty happy to have Mike Evans fall to me at the end of the 2nd. Was hoping to snag Mixon with my other pick but he was already gone.

I was pretty happy to have Mike Evans fall to me at the end of the 2nd. Was hoping to snag Mixon with my other pick but he was already gone.

I would have taken him if it got to me. I think 1.03 or 1.04 are going to be better spots than 1.01 or 1.02 this year. I'm pretty sure Hill would have fallen a few more spots. But damn do I think there could be a steep drop FROM McKinnon and Mixon to Howard in ppr

I can see I'm drafting the "All-IF" team.

- IF Zeke stays out of trouble and isn't destroyed by the lack of the passing game.

- IF McKinnon proves to be the perfect fit for Shanahan and can handle 275 touches for the first time in his career.

- IF Gronk doesn't get traded and/or plays at least 14 games.

With that said, Gronk's too much of an advantage to pass up in the third round with so many second-tier WRs still available.

I would have taken him if it got to me. I think 1.03 or 1.04 are going to be better spots than 1.01 or 1.02 this year. I'm pretty sure Hill would have fallen a few more spots. But damn do I think there could be a steep drop FROM McKinnon and Mixon to Howard in ppr

It was either Mixon or Evans for me at 2.10........I really wanted Evans as my WR1, but when I looked at what would have been left at RB for me at 3.03, I would have hurled.

Yes........steep drop from McK/Mixon to whomever, agree with FBN completely. I would have gone RB-RB-RB if KcKinnon was still there.

I can see I'm drafting the "All-IF" team.

- IF Zeke stays out of trouble and isn't destroyed by the lack of the passing game.

- IF McKinnon proves to be the perfect fit for Shanahan and can handle 275 touches for the first time in his career.

- IF Gronk doesn't get traded and/or plays at least 14 games.

With that said, Gronk's too much of an advantage to pass up in the third round with so many second-tier WRs still available.

I did the Gronk selection in the June Mock........and I rather felt that for the rest of the draft I was always "trying to catch up". Catch up to what.......I don't know, but I felt "off" for the remaining 13 rounds!

He has "value" here, it just isn't my draft strategy to take a TE until rounds 11 onward.

I did the Gronk selection in the June Mock........and I rather felt that for the rest of the draft I was always "trying to catch up". Catch up to what.......I don't know, but I felt "off" for the remaining 13 rounds!

He has "value" here, it just isn't my draft strategy to take a TE until rounds 11 onward.

It has never worked for me.

I've said for a long time that if you get Gronk in the right spot and your RBs are solid, then your receiving corps only needs to be a bunch of WR2s.