Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Rounds 1-3 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2018 **

I've never liked my team with Gronk on it. I think the 4th round is the earliest I'd be willing to take him.

I've said for a long time that if you get Gronk in the right spot and your RBs are solid, then your receiving corps only needs to be a bunch of WR2s.

And I trust your knowledge and judgment.....so I will take that into consideration in my money league drafts!! Thanks Doug.

And I trust your knowledge and judgment.....so I will take that into consideration in my money league drafts!! Thanks Doug.

Thanks. I get it, drafting a WR1 just feels better in that spot. But there's also no arguing Gronk presents a weekly advantage. Getting that kind of guy in the 3rd round is definitely nice value at the very least.

I've been on the road the whole draft. Just got home. Very happy with Allen and Fitz at wideout. I think they both might get 100 receptions.

So what's up with Ray?? Did he quit?

I really felt boxed in to take Aaron Rodgers at 3.08, from a value perspective it fits, but I really wanted to do some other things, I simply could not justify going in any other direction.

I've been on the road the whole draft. Just got home. Very happy with Allen and Fitz at wideout. I think they both might get 100 receptions.

So what's up with Ray?? Did he quit?

I had Fitz typed in with my pick at 3.04 before deciding I liked the depth at WR more. Either way, I obviously like your pick.

I really felt boxed in to take Aaron Rodgers at 3.08, from a value perspective it fits, but I really wanted to do some other things, I simply could not justify going in any other direction.

All you had to do was tell yourself that he's just a QB and you could have taken those other players you were interested in.

I had Fitz typed in with my pick at 3.04 before deciding I liked the depth at WR more. Either way, I obviously like your pick.

i

It was Fitz or Hilton for me at 3.03. I took Hilton thinking his QB should be better than Fitz’s QB in 2018. Any thoughts from you all in the “peanut gallery”?

All you had to do was tell yourself that he's just a QB and you could have taken those other players you were interested in.

-_-

Not usually a fan of taking TE in the early rounds and was (foolishly, it appears) hoping I could sneak Fitzgerald here. Once Thielen was off the board I went with Ertz. I think there is a large drop off after him and the point differential between him and the next best TE is significantly larger than the drop off between what I can get at the other positions later.

My only real hesitancy with the pick is that he plays for the Eagals. It kind of made my stomach turn. :angry: