Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Jet Skis - Any geek have them?

I rode one for the first time last week and loved it. Went 70 mph......caught some WOOD so I've pulled the trigger on a couple Seadoos (new). Any pointers for a newb?

70 mph is scary. I'm a wuss.

70 mph is scary. I'm a wuss.

Nah. Smooth Lake and it's pretty easy to do and a lot of fun. Been on them since I was a kid. Took my seven-year-old and got her to about 53 miles per hour one day. Real short burst but still.

as far as tips it's just like anything else aquatic. You just really have to take good care of it. I feel like more people have a problem when the thing is in the lift more than they ever do out on the lake.

Nah. Smooth Lake and it's pretty easy to do and a lot of fun. Been on them since I was a kid. Took my seven-year-old and got her to about 53 miles per hour one day. Real short burst but still.

as far as tips it's just like anything else aquatic. You just really have to take good care of it. I feel like more people have a problem when the thing is in the lift more than they ever do out on the lake.

oh thanks., i never have. :wacko:

https://twitter.com/lisamountain/status/1014885004088827905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1014885004088827905&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F5333754%2Fjay-z-jet-ski-memes%2F

yeah you will have a blast. I guess the only thing I can think of as a new person is when you're putting it back in the lift don't shut off the engine and just cruise in slowly. I've seen a lot of people do that and they go way too fast and ding their front end. Or they can't turn it and hit the side of the lift. Never real hard but you don't want to do that if you don't have to. Just let it idle and when you get close throw it in reverse a quick second and you should Glide right in....then shut it off.

Have fun man! They are a blast..two is even better.

yeah you will have a blast. I guess the only thing I can think of as a new person is when you're putting it back in the lift don't shut off the engine and just cruise in slowly. I've seen a lot of people do that and they go way too fast and ding their front end. Or they can't turn it and hit the side of the lift. Never real hard but you don't want to do that if you don't have to. Just let it idle and when you get close throw it in reverse a quick second and you should Glide right in....then shut it off.

Have fun man! They are a blast..two is even better.

I'm kidding. my dad lives here

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wilson+Lake/@43.5578975,-70.9467959,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cb2daf6a81a5dfd:0x754120f5de7b1e4a!8m2!3d43.5569645!4d-70.9395893

Well, not in the lake, right on it.

I like riding the ATV just as much. My son loves it way more

I'm kidding. my dad lives here

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wilson+Lake/@43.5578975,-70.9467959,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cb2daf6a81a5dfd:0x754120f5de7b1e4a!8m2!3d43.5569645!4d-70.9395893

Well, not in the lake, right on it.

I like riding the ATV just as much. My son loves it way more

Hah... And see I would never get on an ATV.

I didn't think it was anything special. Cool for like 30 mins, then I'm wondering if I should just return the rental before the hour is up

I didn't think it was anything special. Cool for like 30 mins, then I'm wondering if I should just return the rental before the hour is up

THis.

Just like a new boat, a new car, a new house, a new woman. I am bored with them within the week

THis.

Just like a new boat, a new car, a new house, a new woman. I am bored with them within the week

Yep. Normally I do as well, but I've been content with most of my toys for a while now.

Had them while growing up. Had 2 actually. One for me and one for my dad and others. His was a three seater. Mine a two seater. His would only get up to about 55-57. Mine with just me would get up to 78-81 depending on how calm the water was. Parents ended up selling them and I havent gotten my own yet. Waiting to actually buy a house first. They are fun as sh1t though

the epitome of hedonism.

i pity those who indulge, how do you sleep?

We had one when I was a teenager. A three seater sea doo. It was fun. Its amazing we didnt die.

One memorable experience. I was driving, my brother on the back. We saw some girls on another sea doo. My brother said to keep her straight, and stood up on the back like a surfboard. We were doing about 60 mph maybe.

Of course, I cut the wheel, which spun the thing out and launched my brother a good 15 ft. He skipped twice before he sank.

He was p!ssed, but later admitted that he would have done exactly the same thing.

Yep. Fun for about a half hour per summer.

Better off renting when you feel like it.

Had them while growing up. Had 2 actually. One for me and one for my dad and others. His was a three seater. Mine a two seater. His would only get up to about 55-57. Mine with just me would get up to 78-81 depending on how calm the water was. Parents ended up selling them and I havent gotten my own yet. Waiting to actually buy a house first. They are fun as sh1t though

Easy there Kenny Powers.

Yep. Fun for about a half hour per summer.

Better off renting when you feel like it.

Yep. Its just like a boat. I dont want one. What I want is a good friend who has one. Two or three weekends a year is all I want to be out there anyway.

I rode one for the first time last week and loved it. Went 70 mph......caught some WOOD so I've pulled the trigger on a couple Seadoos (new). Any pointers for a newb?

Wow 1st Time? I've only ridden them one time, about 25 years ago :lol:

But Geeeze Man.......75mph? :shocking: That's at least twice as fast as when I rode.

• Like 1

Wow 1st Time? I've only ridden them one time, about 25 years ago :lol:

But Geeeze Man.......75mph? :shocking: That's at least twice as fast as when I rode.

The one we had would do 60-65. It stings a little falling off at that speed.

Somebody said it earlier, get a friend that has one. No desire. Friends with 5 peeps that have them.

1. Get a survey.

2. Get a survey.

3. Research marine surveyors.

Why are you purchasing a sail boat, did you grow up sailing.

4. Survey, survey, survey.

I read a book about a couple that sailed around the world on a small sailboat (Love with a chance of drowning). It sounds like a really cool, romantic sort of thing to do.

But I know Im not that guy. Ive never sailed at all.

Somebody said it earlier, get a friend that has one. No desire. Friends with 5 peeps that have them.

Yup. Best advice from millionaires? Rent your toys.

As much as I love being out on the water, a boat is the correct choice. Being on the water is a social event for me. The more the better.

I read a book about a couple that sailed around the world on a small sailboat (Love with a chance of drowning). It sounds like a really cool, romantic sort of thing to do.

But I know Im not that guy. Ive never sailed at all.

No fvcking way. I got a little claustrophobic being on Hawaii for a week. One damn main road on Kauai. I couldn't imagine being in the middle of the ocean on a small boat. Not for me

Honestly, if you can just rent one. Usually they have places that rent out boats and jet skis. Its not expensive and you dont have to worry about all the hassle of maintanence, upkeep, or storage. Youll prob only ride it what 3-4 months out of the year?

1. Get a survey.

2. Get a survey.

3. Research marine surveyors.

Why are you purchasing a sail boat, did you grow up sailing.

4. Survey, survey, survey.

Grew up sailing, been racing sailboats for about 25 years now. used to cruise for a week or two at a time on an old Catalina 28 in my youth.

The Coast Guard also offers classes, but it has been years since I took one, so I told the wife that she and I should go take them again. It's mostly rudimentary, but still good to have.

I know almost every river on the Chesapeake in their totality, can navigate them at night too.

Grew up sailing, been racing sailboats for about 25 years now. used to cruise for a week or two at a time on an old Catalina 28 in my youth.

The Coast Guard also offers classes, but it has been years since I took one, so I told the wife that she and I should go take them again. It's mostly rudimentary, but still good to have.

I know almost every river on the Chesapeake in their totality, can navigate them at night too.

So you drove Ray Lewis around in a boat too? :huh:

I hit a porpise in Pensocala bay during spring break 1988. Knocked me off and threw me. I was drunk as sh!t and waiting for it to circle back to me. The jet ski was was slowly coming full circle when the porpise came up to me and it started nibbling my leg. I didn't know what the fawk to do. Me: I'm sorry I ran over you. I've got a date on the beach in two hours. She's a chubby one with a skinny soul. I'd appreciate it if you let me live.

He let me live. I fawked a fatty with awesome tan lines. Really nice tan lines.

I hit a porpise in Pensocala bay during spring break 1988. Knocked me off and threw me. I was drunk as sh!t and waiting for it to circle back to me. The jet ski was was slowly coming full circle when the porpise came up to me and it started nibbling my leg. I didn't know what the fawk to do. Me: I'm sorry I ran over you. I've got a date on the beach in two hours. She's a chubby one with a skinny soul. I'd appreciate it if you let me live.

He let me live. I fawked a fatty with awesome tan lines. Really nice tan lines.

So you hit a porpoise then focked a whale? Jacques Cousteau ain't got sh!t on you Bunny.

So you hit a porpoise then focked a whale? Jacques Cousteau ain't got sh!t on you Bunny.

:lol:

I would love to see an animated series of bunny stories. Like a drunken cartoon rabbit wandering around doing crazy sh!t. Would be funny.