Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

When do you think cars will be made without cigarette lighters

Talk about uneccesary tech in a car. The only people who still smoke drive shatheaps or hoopdys anyway.

They aren't made with lighters. They have 12 volt outlets. Which i use to charge my phone. Faster than a straight USB

Talk about uneccesary tech in a car. The only people who still smoke drive shatheaps or hoopdys anyway.

Are you serious?

Never... That is used to charge phones...

You should peenie this thread to hide your stupidity...

I remember those annoying lighters with the little push in thing that heats up and the cig logo. Always annoyed the crap out of me and thought it was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

I remember those annoying lighters with the little push in thing that heats up and the cig logo. Always annoyed the crap out of me and thought it was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

Yeah, I burned the sh!t out of myself with that once or twice. It is fun when you hit a bump and drop it and it rolls under the seat too. Uh oh. Im siting on twenty gallons of gasoline with a red hot piece of metal rolling around under the seat on the carpet doing 80 mph. This aint good.

I havent bought a car in about five years, but the last two or three I had didnt have cigarette lighters. They had power ports. They had one in the trunk too, it isnt so my dates could smoke when they came out from under the chloroform.

Pretty sure mine does not have a cigarette lighter, just these little plastic caps to cover them if you do not plug a charger in.

Really pissed me off a couple of times when I used to smoke and was on the road without a light.

Ok ok...i guess I meant the 12 volt socket thing that was the same as a cigarette lighter.

Why isnt it all just usb power ports for charging electronics?

My old van (down by the river) actually had wal outlet type plugs in the back.

Maybe I should have asked...can you buy a car today with a cigarrete lighter installed.

Ok ok...i guess I meant the 12 volt socket thing that was the same as a cigarette lighter.

Maybe I should have asked...can you buy a car today with a cigarrete lighter installed.

Why would you want one?

My USB car port charges my phone for shlt. Maybe they are better now since that's a 2012. In 30 mins of driving I would be lucky to get 5% charge

My USB car port charges my phone for shlt. Maybe they are better now since that's a 2012. In 30 mins of driving I would be lucky to get 5% charge

Time for a new phone.

Works the same with multiple phones

The cords suck on the car chargers. Try a new cord and see if that works better. It shouldn't be the vehicle charger causing the lackluster charging speed.

This. And some usb ports have to have the key turned on to provide power. :thumbsdown:

12v ports still give you the option of plugging in an inverter to get 120v. I charge a recip saw battery in my work truck quite often off an inverter.

now

last couple rental cars didn't have them

was pissed too. How am I supposed to punish my son when driving :mad:

now

last couple rental cars didn't have them

was pissed too. How am I supposed to punish my son when driving :mad:

Punch him in the face :dunno:

Punch him in the face :dunno:

I could do what my father did.

Pull over on the highway, get out of the car, get in the passenger side and start throwing haymakers

Pretty sure you have to request a cig lighter now. Like I think you can get an ashtray and lighter but it is an option you have to request and pay extra for.

CIgs are already generally considered disgraceful and smokers are already pariah. The ones we need to start shaming now are the fatties. Get fit or stay in the house. I don't like seeing fatazz nasty people when i run around during the day. That's my thoughts on it.

Pretty sure you have to request a cig lighter now. Like I think you can get an ashtray and lighter but it is an option you have to request and pay extra for.

CIgs are already generally considered disgraceful and smokers are already pariah. The ones we need to start shaming now are the fatties. Get fit or stay in the house. I don't like seeing fatazz nasty people when i run around during the day. That's my thoughts on it.

Agreed. They are making our health ins go up.

Ash trays?

They're where you put the Jews. :mellow:

My 2016 truck has 1 USB port, 2 of those lighter type outlets and 2 wall type outlets.

My wifes 2012 van only has 3 of the lighter type outlets.

Neither vehicle came equipped with an actual lighter.

Everyday I still see people driving, smoking in the car - with kids in the back......... Most have the window cracked about an inch, some don't even bother with that.............. Pretty pathetic.

Everyday I still see people driving, smoking in the car - with kids in the back......... Most have the window cracked about an inch, some don't even bother with that.............. Pretty pathetic.

I agree.

But when we were kids, our parents both smoked in the car all the time and it didn't kill us. :dunno:

I could do what my father did.

Pull over on the highway, get out of the car, get in the passenger side and start throwing haymakers

Pretty sure you wouldn't be here if your dad was raining haymakers on you as a kid. Still sucks to hear your dad was abusive. I can't stand abusive parents.

i don't focking get what ur talking about? we talking lighters and ash trays or 12v ports??? lighter and ash trays are all but gone. 12v ports i use for all kinds of sh;t. air compressor, charging, test 12v accessories

i don't focking get what ur talking about? we talking lighters and ash trays or 12v ports??? lighter and ash trays are all but gone. 12v ports i use for all kinds of sh;t. air compressor, charging, test 12v accessories

:thumbsup:

where would one plug this in?

https://www.amazon.com/Alexa-Enabled-Charger-Navigation-Hands-Free-Streaming/dp/B079FYG5TC/ref=gbps_img_s-4_f087_9f53ad32?smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ&pf_rd_p=67b60084-1a9a-4483-abfe-f22f181ef087&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=9KVG4T0HYC0EDJBDAHAE

My grandparents picked us up to drive us to Nashville and back from Memphis once (400 Miles). They had these focking solar powered exhaust fans built into the back windows. Didnt work for sh!t.

So we rode around in the red shag carpeted red velvet seat caddy with three dogs in it, every inch encrusted with tar. They never cracked a window.

I ended up having a bout of bronchial Asthma when we got back. Mom was p!ssed.