Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Coaching Matters.............

Who do you trust? Which head coaches do you believe can and will make the right call? Which offensive coordinators do you feel get the most out of their offensive players?

Obviously last year, Mariota and co were hindered by an idiot HC and OC.

The year before that, Gurley was abominal, enter a competent coach and Wallah!!

So, which coaches do you look to and say, I want his players on my team for sure? Is this something you consider, or just a secondary after-thought?

Andy reid. I completely trust he'll get the most rushing yards out Tyreek Hill on a forth and short. Or that mahhomes will lead all QBs in receiving yards on third and five plays.

I've watched Mckinnon and have never been that impressed, but a Shanny RB is always worth a gamble.

Andy reid. I completely trust he'll get the most rushing yards out Tyreek Hill on a forth and short. Or that mahhomes will lead all QBs in receiving yards on third and five plays.

This post brings me back, and not in a good way.

Shanahan, I want his players on my team. McVay, I want his players on my team. Andy Reid does make us crazy, but I still trust Hunt and Kelce. I also like Sean Payton and Garret in Dallas.

I'm learning to like Peterson in Philly.

Don't truly trust any of the others including Carroll.

Shanahan, I want his players on my team. McVay, I want his players on my team. Andy Reid does make us crazy, but I still trust Hunt and Kelce. I also like Sean Payton and Garret in Dallas.

I have Hunt as a keeper in one league at an excellent value, but I'd be nervous if I had to use a first rounder on him this year. They have Ware coming back and they brought in some FA's. I think Hunt will get the majority of the carries, but I think we're going to see more carries and touchdowns given to others than we'd like to see.

Peterson is a brilliant mind, but as far as fantasy purposes go I won't trust his RB's. He platoons them and won't commit to anyone back. There's enough volume in the passing game to use his WR and TE, but even there he spreads it out.

I disagree about Hunt.

I look for him too even a higher td total and for him too be even more involved then last season.

I don’t see any threat too his work load on that team.

Thanks.

This post brings me back, and not in a good way.

Give it a rest super fan

Kyle Shanahan RB (McKinnon)

Pat Shurmur RB (Barkley)

Andy Reid TE/RB (Kelce/Hunt)

Doug Pederson QB (Wentz/Foles)

Pete Carroll should immediately be fired.

A team up by only 2 is (ridiculously) about to punt to you on 4th and Inches with 1:36 left and you use your last timeout?!?

• Like 1

Is it just me or is coaching at a low point compared to years past? I feel there is more boneheadery than ever before. Like when I at home can predict your plays, you are prob being to predictable. Then in obvious situations guys dont do what they should. Need a yard? Run the ball, this isnt complicated.

Have a guy who is the clear most talented guy at the position? Use him the most.

nah its all about how we're going to disguise our plays and stack our formations and use motion to create mismatches on play action....

This is what the current rules have wrought. Can't blame guys for figuring that out and game planning to exploit it.

Is Hue Jackson the worst coach in the league? Is it that boob in Arizona? Koetter?

There's a lot of bad coaching out there folks!

Jason Garret? That was seriously the last coach I expected to hear. Redball is a mediocre coach at best. He runs a tight ship and his players have always played for him but he gets outcoached every single game. From icing our own kicker -- to mismanaging the clock -- hes absolutely dreadful. He comes from the Bill Parcells school of overly conservative play and refuses to take risks. Id rather have a gambler as a coach any day. The type that plays to win rather than playing not to lose.

Perfect example of this is Redball punting in OT on 4th & 1 on the Texans 42 with 4:45 remaining. Punting in that situation gave them less than a 5% chance of winning the game and signaled to his players that he was playing for the tie at best. Youve got the best oline in the league along with one of the best RBs and you punt on 4th & 1 in that situation? You go for it in that situation 10 out of 10 times. This is Garrets last year in Dallas I can promise you that. I think Jerry will hand the reins to Richard.

Belicheat

Sean McVay

Andy Reid (until playoff time)

Doug Pederson

Mike Tomlin (only because track record says the Steelers will be competitive all the time)

I'm anxious to see how the Bucs do this weekend. I think that OC Todd Monken could be the next great coaching prospect.

You like Garret?? I think his offense is the absolute suck. It only ran smoothly when they had an all time great oline. His stupid azz receiver by committee approach. Zeke doesn't have much space because of the poor scheming imo. It's the same in AZ with Mccoy. Why he is an OC doesn't make sense. David Johnson should lead the league in targets at rb, yet Mccoy is so smart that Jordan Howard in Chicago seems more involved in the pass game.

You like Garret?? I think his offense is the absolute suck. It only ran smoothly when they had an all time great oline. His stupid azz receiver by committee approach. Zeke doesn't have much space because of the poor scheming imo. It's the same in AZ with Mccoy. Why he is an OC doesn't make sense. David Johnson should lead the league in targets at rb, yet Mccoy is so smart that Jordan Howard in Chicago seems more involved in the pass game.

Garrett hasn't been great this year, but let's not grade his entire career on 5 games this year. Sometimes the message just doesn't resonate anymore. Reid got let go by Philly. So, does KC suck? No, they are pretty darn good. This will probably be Garrett's last year in Dallas. Also, punting on 4th and 1 in that spot was really bad. lol