Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

I'll be returning to the US on Saturday

It'll be the first time in four years and only the second time since I got married. Last time we'd spent the entire time in the Detroit/Windsor area but this time my wife would like to travel more. I've a friend from long ago in Chicago who's invited me and I'm thinking maybe Cedar Point as that didn't seem to expensive,

My wife, predictably, wants to go to a Disneyland but I shot that down with a quickness. They're both way too far away and know they're a massive money suck that'll destroy the budget.

So, the plan was mostly staying with mom and doing local Detroit stuff with a couple of excursions this time. We'll be there a month. I'm working all the way until the day before we leave, as holidsays are time that I can make good money but I have to pass it up for family stuff.

My wife fell in love with the clearance rack at Sears; stuff there is cheaper than in China, and so we went back at least four times and even at that, she's spent these four years kicking herself that we didn't get even more stuff. Unfortunately, the store at Macomb Mall closed so we'll need to find either another Sears or another store similar.

Now I may wind up in Florida anyway. My dad, the GFIAFP-esque bum I've mentioned on occasion, is in a Florida hospital having a health crisis. He'd been in a nearby government provided elderly housing for indigent people but was unhappy there and disappeared a couple of months ago. He went down to Florida again, undobtedly living out of his car again like last time he did this, and is now in the hospital.

Visiting him wasn't really on the itinerary or in the budget. My aunt is worried about him and if she wants to go, I'll feel compelled to burn a few days with that.

Well, your kids are probably be taken from you as you come into the country. But hey, consider that a vacation from your kids! And, that whole thing about returning to America? Well the rules of kind of changed on that too. But hey! Enjoy the United States of trump.

Would love to meet you brother but I'm in bum fock Missouri,but hey I ',m having a party Sat night and we're blowing some fireworks up.

Well, your kids are probably be taken from you as you come into the country. But hey, consider that a vacation from your kids! And, that whole thing about returning to America? Well the rules of kind of changed on that too. But hey! Enjoy the United States of trump.

My kids all have US passports and my wife has a US entry visa.

We're not liable to get detained but if she does, that would free me up to pursue LeSean McCoy's ex-girlfriend who by my understanding isn't dating anyone currently.

Funny, in two weeks I'll be in Michigan for 10 days. I literally have no idea where except I think it is on the west side (Lake Michigan). Our niece got married to a German guy but this is the official US wedding ceremony with all of the pomp and circumstance.

Niece is a cute little blond thing but not much boobage or curves, guessing A cups. Volty and CB would dig her shape, or lack thereof. :thumbsup: They live in Dusseldorf and she hates America with bad TDS. Husband thinks migrants are good for Germany. I just drink and keep my mouth shut. :cheers:

Are you thinking of hitting Chicago? Can she even eat pizza with all that cheese on there? Would she even like that much cheese on food?

Are you thinking of hitting Chicago? Can she even eat pizza with all that cheese on there? Would she even like that much cheese on food?

Yeah, my childhood best friend is in Chicago now and has a house big enough to accommodate us, he invited us to come on by.

And my wife eats cheese and pizza. Blue cheese is a step too far though, she can't handle some of the stronger flavors.

Yeah, my childhood best friend is in Chicago now and has a house big enough to accommodate us, he invited us to come on by.

And my wife eats cheese and pizza. Blue cheese is a step too far though, she can't handle some of the stronger flavors.

Are you going to introduce her to deep dish? I would be interested to hear her reaction. What's her opinion on American food? She isn't lactose then?

Wife wants to go to Disney, you take her to Detroit.. volts must be packing some serious heat downstairs

• Like 1

Detroit is kind of like Disney.

Full of Minorities that swim with t-shirts on?

Wife wants to go to Disney, you take her to Detroit.. volts must be packing some serious heat downstairs

Or not much upstairs.

You literally fly half way around the world with your family and you only go to Detroit and maybe Chicago. :doh:

You cant take it with you volty, take the family to Disney :thumbsup:

If you don't have the cash for it, apply for a credit card while you're here and blow it off as you'll be back in Chiner anyway.

My kids all have US passports and my wife has a US entry visa.

We're not liable to get detained but if she does, that would free me up to pursue LeSean McCoy's ex-girlfriend who by my understanding isn't dating anyone currently.

I dont know man. She didnt look so good in that recent picture.

You should rent a winnebago and drive to each state to meet every geek that wants to meet you :cheers:

• Like 1

Hey Volty,

Cedar Point is a good idea. But, if you're going to be in Chicago anyway, Six Flags Great America is just an hour up the road toward Wisconsin.

What about Tigers tickets? They can't be that expensive, can they? Or even a minor league game like the South Bend Cubs. That's a great ballpark.

The Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago is free

I'm sure you know that Southwest MI has some really great beaches if your kids are into that. Do they get to go to the beach at all in China?

Aug 18 and 19th is the Air and Water Show in Chicago. You can spend a day downtown at the beach watching the planes do their thing. They usually have the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds, plus a bunch of other stuff.

You could hit the Mag Mile in Chicago where your kids can go to the Disney Store, The Lego Store, Niketown, and a number of over the top candy stores.

Forget Sears. Take your wife to an outlet mall. They're all over the place. For more clearance racks, find a Marshalls, Ross, or TJ Maxx.

Hope you have a good trip.

• Like 1

If you venture towards the city or west suburbs (I'm in Canton) I would buy you a beer. :cheers:

• Like 1

Sears at Oakland mall just got the death sentence and will be closing in Sept. They will be having a going out of business sale, not sure if it has started yet. I live about 2 miles from there and it’s probably one of the closest Sears to Eastpointe that is still open.

• Like 1

Sears at Oakland mall just got the death sentence and will be closing in Sept. They will be having a going out of business sale, not sure if it has started yet. I live about 2 miles from there and it’s probably one of the closest Sears to Eastpointe that is still open.

Thanks. My wife loves Sears. We'd check out some other stores too at Eastland Mall which is very close and at Macomb Mall, but the Sears at Macomb Mall was her favorite by far.

These big box retailers are in bad shape, sadly.

There's a lot of fat people, and many of them have tattoos. You'll also find that many of those types are also coloring their hair purple or silver hoping for added attention.

Sears has Craftsman tools and... crap at this point. Amazing they haven't spun off Craftsman and declared bankruptcy on the rest. :dunno:

Sears has Craftsman tools and... crap at this point. Amazing they haven't spun off Craftsman and declared bankruptcy on the rest. :dunno:

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/investing/sears-sells-craftsman-stanley-black-decker/index.html

Sold to Stanley Tools. Available at Ace Hardware in the near future.

I find it really cute that your wife loves Sears clothes in particular. JC Penny's is the next closest styles/price points wise me thinks. And Kohl's.

Also agree you should mix up the trip a little more if possible, sounds like Vuduchile has some good ideas.

• Like 1

Welcome back Volty............... :lol: at using the word budget with a woman.

My wife is good with money. I mentioned the bit about the clearance rack at Sears. Women that grew up in China tend to be.

I'll be at the Tigers/Red Sox game the 22nd. With a stop at Andrews on the Corner for pre game warm up :cheers:

Detroit is kind of like Disney.

I'm leaving soon. The airport in Kunming has a Subway sandwich restaurant. So awesome! I'll be eating like an American soon.

Here now on my sister's computer.

The nice thing about a Detroit vacation is that I stay rent free, free car, and free food for the family. Or so it always ha been until now. Not the car thing anymore, my mother has stopped driving so I don't have easy access to transportation. I'll have to rent or Uber or else both drop my sister off at work and pick her up if I want to have a car.

Today, my first full day and still with jetlag, I'm just chilling at the house right now. All the other times I've returned, if I got the urge to go do something, I could just go do it. That still may be the case if I rent a car for a month. Today, I'm organizing my thinking and planning and prioritizing stuff to see if that's what I want to do.

• Like 1

There's a lot of fat people, and many of them have tattoos. You'll also find that many of those types are also coloring their hair purple or silver hoping for added attention.

I don't understand this. Just be fat. Why do you want more people looking at you?