Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

Don't take family for granted

Dad, 45 year old SIL and MIL ( I loved both SIL and MIL ) Dead in a years span. Have more family BBQ's

• Like 1

Dad, 45 year old SIL and MIL ( I loved both SIL and MIL ) Dead in a years span. Have more family BBQ's

Sorry to hear.

Lost Mom and Dad within 2 years of each other. Sucked

I guess that's cheaper than a cremation?

:shocking: :first:

You evil bast@rd.

yeah I :lol:

You had a 45 year old son-in-law?

How did he die?

How old are you?

Yeah...my in laws have moved in with us...MIL is an angry old and my FIL is an awesome vietnam vet who has cancer...he is awesome!! Take the good with the bad.

A few years ago started making a point to tell my mom and dad (divorced long time ago) I love them every time we'd talk on the phone. Mom passed away earlier this year so I'm glad I instituted that gesture for myself.

• Like 1

For sure. Keep telling my kids, you're going to regret not spending more time with your grandmas and grandpas when they are gone. I sure as hell know I do.

I think Hackman said it best.....

Family and friends are some of the most important things in life. Dont take them for granted. When theyre gone you can never get them back again and it sucks.

You had a 45 year old son-in-law?

How did he die?

How old are you?

Dumb, just dumb.

Sorry to hear.

Lost Mom and Dad within 2 years of each other. Sucked

I dont want my parents to die, obviously.

But when it inevitably happens, I hope the go together. Neither one would do well alone.

Dude...too soon.

:first:

• Like 1

But when it inevitably happens, I hope the go together. Neither one would do well alone.

Not for nothing, but it sounds like bunny could use a few bucks and well, you know...

Well...my parents divorced when I was 2. Remarried their better matches (and thankfully I have 2 great step parents who are incredible grandparents to my kids).

The illnesses sucked...Dad almost 2 years with versions of Brain cancer...Mom more sudden will h a blood disorder that messed up her immune system and liver and kidneys.

Dads I had time to prepare for...Moms was a thing that felt like just being older and sick for a few months...then got awful for two weeks and she was gone.

Well...my parents divorced when I was 2. Remarried their better matches (and thankfully I have 2 great step parents who are incredible grandparents to my kids).

The illnesses sucked...Dad almost 2 years with versions of Brain cancer...Mom more sudden will h a blood disorder that messed up her immune system and liver and kidneys.

Dads I had time to prepare for...Moms was a thing that felt like just being older and sick for a few months...then got awful for two weeks and she was gone.

Losing parents suck. I lost my dad to a heart attack when I was 9 years old. We were golfing and he collapsed on the 9th hole. :thumbsdown:

Losing parents suck. I lost my dad to a heart attack when I was 9 years old. We were golfing and he collapsed on the 9th hole. :thumbsdown:

Not to be a d!ck, but guess we know what your unlucky number is.

Dude, Holy Flock. That's awful. So damn sorry

Respect you ever came back from that.

Dude, Holy Flock. That's awful. So damn sorry

Respect you ever came back from that.

Yeah, it sucked. I had a great bunch of family and friends that helped. Very thankful for that.

• Like 1

Not to be a d!ck, but guess we know what your unlucky number is.

I had never thought of this before. What is ironic is that I have usually used 9 as a lucky number and it's done me well. :thumbsup:

Did he just miss a putt to set the course record at Bushwood?

Did he just miss a putt to set the course record at Bushwood?

Nope, hit his 2nd shot on a long par 4 and shanked it to the left.