Sign in to follow this  
MedStudent

2018 Rookie/FA Fraft Discussion

Another issue.....I was looking to trade back into the 5th round with the hopes of picking up Matt Asiata due to some of the rumors I'm hearing. But I suppose that isn't an option for me either?

😡

I think the fair solution is to just leave it as is, and people can use nasty bucks on those players after the fraft. :)

alternatively, whatever mmm...beer wants to do, I vote for the opposite. :wub:

I think the fair solution is to just leave it as is, and people can use nasty bucks on those players after the fraft. :)

alternatively, whatever mmm...beer wants to do, I vote for the opposite. :wub:

I vote we don't lemon party mobb.

With my team being as dynamic, deep, stylish, potent, and full of swagger as it is, this league will essentially run through me this season. All decisions made will ultimately be viewed in terms of whether or not they contributed to my dominance in any way. For that reason, the respectable thing for me to do is abstain from any vote.

This is in our own Constitution posted above:

League Constitution

AS OF 8/17/2016

III. Keeper/Dynasty, Draft, Scheduling, Trading and Miscellaneous:

E. Draft:

7. Players dropped during the draft are immediately available for draft selection.

So... obviously I dropped Minnesota even prior to the draft, thus making them eligible.

Are we a nation of laws or not?

Following our own Die Nasty Constitution, Minn Def is all are belong to us!

So... obviously I dropped Minnesota even prior to the draft, thus making them eligible.

enforcing laws is racist

Like the US constitution, the DNDL constitution is loosely worded and open for interpretation. Its intentionally ambiguous, just to create drama when needed. Even reading it word for word, you would have no rights to the Minny D, as you dropped them before the draft started, not during the draft. :banana:

Narc, please remember that the constitution is a living document. We will have to interpret it and determine if amendments are necessary.

Narc, please remember that the constitution is a living document. We will have to interpret it and determine if amendments are necessary.

You can't triple stamp a double stamp Llyod!! :angry:

The rules can't be changed in place to fit your ridiculousness!

Even reading it word for word, you would have no rights to the Minny D, as you dropped them before the draft started, not during the draft. :banana:

I've always been a constitutionalist. Narc, the document is in place because we should be legally limited in our powers. The survival of the league depends on its observing the limitations placed on us by the rules.

ALSO!!!! Put Katfockers pick in so we can finish up this wiffleball brain oozing carwreck of a draft! :mad:

Gypsybrat

Sent Today, 09:24 AM

So we dont hold up the draft:

Katfancy wants Jared Cook, TE Oakland with pick 5.01

Thanks!!!

The issue is we allowed cuts right up till the draft started.

I wanted to draft someone that was cut with my 4.12 pick, but I didn't want to start a war by changing his status, so I picked someone else.

Wtf bro... I dropped Minnesota 9 focking days before the draft started. Shouldn't matter at all.

20. The Mighty Sweatermeats Add/Drop

dropped Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

Sun Jul 22 1:04:03 p.m. PT 2018

But you dropped them on the 22nd, THINKING the draft started on the 23rd. So really you made the only one day before the draft.

But you dropped them on the 22nd, THINKING the draft started on the 23rd. So really you made the only one day before the draft.

:lol: I think alot of things focker! Doesn't make any of it right!

Oh hey... the Bears and the Ravens play tonight!

This should be fun to see my 1.11 Anthony Miller, WR CHI snap his leg. 😁

Also watch Tribusky throw 4 picks in the 1st Q.

this made me laugh :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

yeah...so.....Katfancy is on the clock...apparently this has not been resolved.

we will do the proxy pick to finish this up, but we want Jared Cook, TE Oakland to be our pick at 5.01

wow my 5th round sleeper got ganked, someone must have just read rotoworld blurb on him

Jarwin Blake

The starting tight end for a team with no wide receiver depth is your sleeper?

Trade to approve....

Professor Stats give

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Professor Stats

To Die Nasty El Padrino for

Crowell, Isaiah NYJ RB

Wow...

Is GoColts still in the league?

yep always do that, thought I had a pick marked in 2019. guess not oh well, I need to be competitive and have no RB's anyways

or is it the loss of Andy Dalton that worries everyone

funny thing is if I make same offer for Guice or Freeman he probably would decline.

Are you saying you were trying to offer me something else? You only have a 4th and 5th in 2019, which obviously isnt a legit offer for Crowell, so Im confused

Oh.

I thought I was offering you my 1 in 2020 and Dalton for Crowell and a 3 in 2019

I know what I did though, I was thinking I wanted a 3 and you didnt have one so I marked 4/5 but then went back to other teams and came back to it and didnt do it right

my mistake

Im high on Crowell this year. But with my drafting 3 RBs in the first round, dynasty strategy dictates I recycle him for a future 1st. Dalton is steady and I dont mind having him for depth, but he isnt anything I feel I needed too badly.

If Im also giving up a 3rd,....maybe I pause or maybe I look at countering. But my quick reaction is that Id still make the trade.

With that in mind.... and as long as we all know we cant start allowing mulligans....Id allow my 3rd rounder to be added to the deal in this instance so that you can regret the trade you meant to make instead of regretting the current version.

Edit: I guess Id be ok with a 4th since I dont have a 3rd. I like to dominate with honor.

Im high on Crowell this year. But with my drafting 3 RBs in the first round, dynasty strategy dictates I recycle him for a future 1st. Dalton is steady and I dont mind having him for depth, but he isnt anything I feel I needed too badly.

If Im also giving up a 3rd,....maybe I pause or maybe I look at countering. But my quick reaction is that Id still make the trade.

With that in mind.... and as long as we all know we cant start allowing mulligans....Id allow my 3rd rounder to be added to the deal in this instance so that you can regret the trade you meant to make instead of regretting the current version.

Edit: I guess Id be ok with a 4th since I dont have a 3rd. I like to dominate with honor.

meh I never regret anything, but whatever is fair is fair, I think Crowell has a nice 3 year run

its the 2nd time I focked up, other was with Bier, when I thought I was trading for picks next year and ended up with them from this year or something

i didnt even know minny dst was available. they never showed up for me. otherwise i would have drafted them.

Not very happy with my draft overall.

DJ Moore went against the grain not taking a rb, instead opting for the number one or two wr, for the record would of taken Sony if going rb

Pettis may have reached thought one of three players would fall to me but all got snatched. Kirk may have been the pick but took Pettis cause the Jimmy G possible connection

Hurst so far so good scoring last night, was also considering Cain here

Walton and Kelly... Just throwing some rb darts at this point

Trey Quinn Mr. Irrelevant

Coming into the draft, my plan was clear. Last year, I was thin at RB. No depth and the guys I had were RB2's at best. Then when I made the call to trade Aaron Rodgers and Evan Engram for Odell Beckham, my QB spot was in shambles and I lost my depth at TE. Having 5 of the top 16 picks offered an opportunity for a quick reload.

At 1.02 and 1.03, I hope I have a stud and a starter in Guice and Jones. At 1.10, I was working off a list of 8 guys hoping one got there. Kerryon Johnson and DJ Moore didn't interest me, so that left one, which was Freeman.

2.03 and 2.04: I wanted Giseki, the best TE in the class. A few weeks back, I'd even wondered if I'd take him at 1.10......I knew the other pick would be Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield. I kept flip flopping and was even looking into how to grab another 2nd rounder so I could get them both, but Ed made the decision for me.

I've set myself up well. Depth and potential at every position. I also have three 2019 1st rounders and two 2020 1st rounders.

1.11. Miller, Anthony CHI WR

2.07. Kirk, Christian ARI WR

2.08. Hines, Nyheim IND RB

3.02. Wilkins, Jordan IND RB

3.07. Coutee, Keke HOU WR

I feel the Mighty Sweatermeats are pretty set at QB with Wentz, Carr, and Trubiskey for several years, so I wasn't even looking at depth. TE's are good... though I had kicked around adding a developing TE, it just didn't work out this year.

Essentially, my main goal was to pick up some WR's in the hopes to bolster a really mediocre squad. I don't have any of the big name workhorses. Oh sure I've got 5 WR's that scored over 130 pts last season, but I'm hoping a stud emerges. So I took a few WR's to see how they pan out.

RB's I have a couple studs for years in Kamara, McCaffery.. and a still young Devonte Freeman, but... took a couple guys from the colts will probably be starters soon... one possibly in a mccaffery type position with Hines.

With my picks and what I wanted to accomplish I think I did fairly well. Only time will really tell... after looking back at all our drafts these last 10 years boys.. holeee... so many 1st rounders I'm like.. uhh.. who??? :huh:

Haha...

Another trade to approve

• Drunken Knights gave up Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Professor Stats;Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Drunken Knights
  • Die Nasty El Padrino gave up Allen, Josh BUF QB

Suck it Beer. You rip on me for trading a 3rd and two 4ths for Allen, and I flip him for what should be a high 2nd and high 3rd. Suck it hard.

Another trade to approve

• Drunken Knights gave up Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Professor Stats;Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Drunken Knights
  • Die Nasty El Padrino gave up Allen, Josh BUF QB
Suck it Beer. You rip on me for trading a 3rd and two 4ths for Allen, and I flip him for what should be a high 2nd and high 3rd. Suck it hard.
Hahah... great horse swapping though you ol' gypsy. :lol: