Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2018 PGA Championship Thread**

Golf's final major of the year with arguably its deepest field as well and it starts next Thursday. My top tens at the Masters, US Open, and British were full of both hits and misses. Now, we come to the major where form coming in usually matters. Here are my picks for the PGA at Bellerive in St. Louis. I will be attending the tournament on Friday also, which I am excited about...top ten looks like this for now, but some alterations could occur based on what happens at Firestone.

1. Rory McIlroy- I was really impressed with the way Rory closed out his final round at Carnoustie. Something tells me that his four year major drought ends next week...but we shall see.

2. Dustin Johnson- Hard to think of making any top three list at a major that doesn't include Johnson at this point. Yes, I know he missed the cut at the Open Championship, but I think a bounce back is very much in the cards at the PGA.

3. Xander Schauffele- It's becoming apparent that Schauffele is a big-game hunter. He may not win a bunch of PGA tournaments in his career, but much like a guy like Louis Oosthuzien, he's becoming a good bet to shine in majors.

4. Justin Thomas- Because his dad was a PGA professional, this tournaments seems to mean the most to Thomas. He's taken several scouting trips to Bellerive already. That alone should pay some dividends.

5. Jordan Spieth- Didn't like his final round at Carnoustie, but his third round there reminded everyone that he gets up for the majors. Expect a solid week from Spieth in pursuit of the career Grand Slam.

6. Patrick Cantlay- Cantlay has the look and feel of an eventual PGA major winner. It is the major best suited for his game. Look for a good week from him this go around.

7. Tony Finau- Finau is the year's most consistent player to date in majors. Leave him out of your top ten at your own peril. His game has earned my respect.

8. Francesco Molinari- There will obviously be some hangover from the Open, but if another long-suffering (at the time) European player (Harrington) can go back-to-back majors ten years ago, Molinari can do it, too.

9. Keegan Bradley- Just seems that Bradley's game is trending in the right direction. And, he gets a week off unlike everyone else on this list prior to...something that could work to his advantage.

10. Brooks Koepka- As well as Koepka has played in his limited appearances since coming off of an injury, I can not in good conscience leave him out of my top ten.

Should be a great tournament!

Only if Tiger sucks...

At least your message is consistent... :bandana:

When are we starting our draft?

Monday, I believe...

Why dont they air the whole day? Gah.

TNT is showing crap television right now, hard to believe their ratings would be worse.

:thumbsdown:

Failed to mention this, but I took Schauffele out of my top ten after his Firestone debacle and replaced him with Oosthuzien at #10. Slid everyone else forward. Including Finau. :doh:

I admittedly don't know much about (or rembember) Bellerive - but she looks pretty nice... I love the traditional tree lined, dogleg layout of this place. She looks a lot like Colonial here in Ft. Worth - with an added 600 yards of course.

I admittedly don't know much about (or rembember) Bellerive - but she looks pretty nice... I love the traditional tree lined, dogleg layout of this place. She looks a lot like Colonial here in Ft. Worth - with an added 600 yards of course.

Since I'll be there tomorrow, I'll try to remember to give you guys some feedback on the course in general.

• Like 2

BOOM! Tiger back to Even

Thank Gawd he can scramble..........he turned 76 into 70.

What? Same score as Rory and one back of JT.

:dunno:

It is so cute watching you try so hard to wish him back to greatness. Enjoy my friend

Jeebus - somebody wake Kisner up. :shocking:

More than just him, if you don't go at least -5 today, pack your bags.

What time does assmunch tee off?

You need to be waaaay more specific.

Oh how the mighty have fallen! I fist pump for a second or third finish. :lol:

Maybe it will be11 years between major wins.

Also, why couldn't the, change shirts multiple times during play, prima donna wear a yellow ribbon in the last round?

Oh how the mighty have fallen! I fist pump for a second or third finish. :lol:

Maybe it will be11 years between major wins.

Also, why couldn't the, change shirts multiple times during play, prima donna wear a yellow ribbon in the last round?

That was truly said and pathetic. Hard to watch

Wow - what a phenomenal exhibition of championship golf.

* Koepka is a focking stud... Of all his 72 holes played, none was more defining than his 70th.. 240 yard par 3, 4 iron to 6 feet - wow.

* Huge thumbs up to Bellerive and the PGA. What a fantastic hidden gem this course is - I could easily see it hosting a RC. And why can't the USGA take a page from the PGA in learning how to run a major? They were great.

* TW - what an incredible story. It's been a long time since we've heard the Sunday roars of Tigermania - I'm sure many of the young kids had never heard anything like it... That being said, Tiger is not back, not yet.. No question what he's doing and been able to accomplish in this amount of time is off the chain, and there's no question his play has earned him a spot on the RC - but he's not back yet. Runner up major finishes might be the comeback staple for the Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker, Ian Poulters of the world. But 14 time major winners are judged on a different scale, a bar set by none other than themselves... When Tiger is all the way back he won't be blowing final round (back 9) leads at the British Open, when Tiger is all the way back he won't be standing on the 71st hole tee box with a chance to win and blow it dead right into a hazard, when Tiger is all the way back he will be able to put together 4 straight solid rounds of golf instead of blowing it all over the map and struggling to make pars......... TW is getting close, but he's not there yet.

Wow - what a phenomenal exhibition of championship golf.

* Koepka is a focking stud... Of all his 72 holes played, none was more defining than his 70th.. 240 yard par 3, 4 iron to 6 feet - wow.

* Huge thumbs up to Bellerive and the PGA. What a fantastic hidden gem this course is - I could easily see it hosting a RC. And why can't the USGA take a page from the PGA in learning how to run a major? They were great.

* TW - what an incredible story. It's been a long time since we've heard the Sunday roars of Tigermania - I'm sure many of the young kids had never heard anything like it... That being said, Tiger is not back, not yet.. No question what he's doing and been able to accomplish in this amount of time is off the chain, and there's no question his play has earned him a spot on the RC - but he's not back yet. Runner up major finishes might be the comeback staple for the Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker, Ian Poulters of the world. But 14 time major winners are judged on a different scale, a bar set by none other than themselves... When Tiger is all the way back he won't be blowing final round (back 9) leads at the British Open, when Tiger is all the way back he won't be standing on the 71st hole tee box with a chance to win and blow it dead right into a hazard, when Tiger is all the way back he will be able to put together 4 straight solid rounds of golf instead of blowing it all over the map and struggling to make pars......... TW is getting close, but he's not there yet.

Amen brother!

when Tiger is all the way back he won't be standing on the 71st hole tee box with a chance to win and blow it dead right into a hazard

But he still will be slamming down his club and acting like he wants to throw it when he hits a bad shot...

But he still will be slamming down his club and acting like he wants to throw it when he hits a bad shot...

You seem to know a lot about a guy's round who you claim to hate.. Obsess much? lol

You seem to know a lot about a guy's round who you claim to hate.. Obsess much? lol

in his defense. if he watched any of Sat/Sun it was non-stop tigerslob-fest

in his defense. if he watched any of Sat/Sun it was non-stop tigerslob-fest

Remember? He claims he doesn't watch if TW is playing.

ESPN highlights while watching baseball highlights...

Also, knowing one thing is now "a lot"? :lol:

Remember? He claims he doesn't watch if TW is playing.

We know that's bullocks.

He just has the latest copy of "Dead PreTeen Magazine" handy

• Like 1