Sign in to follow this  
GreatGray

Mahomes

I still think the Chiefs 2018 defense could include some playmakers. No. 46 overall DE Breeland Speaks didn't get a ton of opportunity last year playing behind Justin Houston and Dee Ford, and still has a lot of potential. No. 75 overall DT Derrick Nnadi got hurt this season but did make some plays in the playoffs. No. 100 overall ILB Dorian O'Daniel also got hurt this season and was the only player not practicing the final week heading into the AFC Championship game. No. 124 overall S Armani Watts went on IR early in the season. It's not realistic all of these guys are going to pan out, but the Chiefs have invested in recent years on the defense. I expect more of the same with the upcoming draft.

Disagree about season lost. In this instant gratification world, everyone wants it all right now. It used to be that you built up to a championship, took a hard loss, learned from it, and the next time won it all. I think the chiefs have a good chance of doing that.

Or you are Dan Marino and never win one. When the chance is there and the team doesn't win, it's a lost opportunity. There are never any guarantees of getting back to a SB and winning

Sure, no guarantees in life and football, but if one were willing to take any action on the whether the chiefs with Mahomes reach a super bowl, I would bet the house they will...

Or you are Dan Marino and never win one. When the chance is there and the team doesn't win, it's a lost opportunity. There are never any guarantees of getting back to a SB and winning

Comparing Marino to any Qb today is a mute point. The rules favor the offense and WR so much more than when Dan played.