Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

What is your credit limit?

$80K? Are all your expenses on the cards - mortgage, car payment, etc.? That seems really high.

I cancelled a couple cards a while ago. Didn't hurt my credit rating at all.

ETA I see no mortgage or car payments. $80K is a sh!t ton of discretionary spending.

Basically, whatever I can.

Most Groceries.

All Gasoline

Propane for Heating.

Electricty

Daughter's tuition etc.

Cell Bill

Home Phone/TV/Internet (I need home phone for business)

Amazon.com - I spent 18k on amazon in 2017.

Netflix

Hula

Anything that I'm allowed to.

I don't need all the focking TV and crap.

I waste too much money. If my job changed...I'd be focked. Well Not really. I don't have any mortgage or vehicle payments...But I'd have to change sh#t in a hurry.

My Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa is $450 annual. $300 comes off the fee for travel expenses which I hit by mid January at the latest. They re-imburse $100 for Global Entry which I've used the past three years for myself, wife, and son. So basically $50 per year, although I can't justify adding my daughters to Global Entry next year so I may need to re-assess.

That being said, in addition to points for a variety of services, I get access to just about every airport club, which is hella valuable for me as I travel quite often.

I can definitely see the benefit for someone who travels a lot.

Had one for 20K but never used it. Most of the time the stuff I wanted I could afford so there was no point in putting it on a credit card

That's a lot of credit for a guy who was making 15 an hour not long ago.

Maybe another thread, but who pays a fee for their credit card. For my 3 cards, I only pay a yearly fee on one so that I can get more cash back. That is the one I use most and the extra cash back more than covers the small fee ($75?)

Basically, whatever I can.

Most Groceries.

All Gasoline

Propane for Heating.

Electricty

Daughter's tuition etc.

Cell Bill

Home Phone/TV/Internet (I need home phone for business)

Amazon.com - I spent 18k on amazon in 2017.

Netflix

Hula

Anything that I'm allowed to.

I don't need all the focking TV and crap.

I waste too much money. If my job changed...I'd be focked. Well Not really. I don't have any mortgage or vehicle payments...But I'd have to change sh#t in a hurry.

Yikes. Hopefully youre saving some for retirement.

True story. My grandfather had a visa card. It was his only one. No idea on the limit.

But the only reason he had it was for imergancies. He just wanted to have some sort of backup, just incase he needed it. (So, lucky him, he never had to use it).

After several years.They actually called him up and told him he HAD to use it, or they were going to drop him.

Anyone have a Black Card? I got something in the mail a month ago...$495 annual fee

I had the amex plat couple of years ago before canceling it. I get offers all the time for the Visa "black card" but none of them are worth it considering the fee.

My primary card is the chase sapphire reserve. It's great if you travel often and make up for the fee pretty quickly with the $300 per year on travel expenses.

My Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa is $450 annual. $300 comes off the fee for travel expenses which I hit by mid January at the latest. They re-imburse $100 for Global Entry which I've used the past three years for myself, wife, and son. So basically $50 per year, although I can't justify adding my daughters to Global Entry next year so I may need to re-assess.

That being said, in addition to points for a variety of services, I get access to just about every airport club, which is hella valuable for me as I travel quite often.

I had the amex plat couple of years ago before canceling it. I get offers all the time for the Visa "black card" but none of them are worth it considering the fee.

My primary card is the chase sapphire reserve. It's great if you travel often and make up for the fee pretty quickly with the $300 per year on travel expenses.

:cheers:

True story. My grandfather had a visa card. It was his only one. No idea on the limit.

But the only reason he had it was for imergancies. He just wanted to have some sort of backup, just incase he needed it. (So, lucky him, he never had to use it).

After several years.They actually called him up and told him he HAD to use it, or they were going to drop him.

I had the same thing happen with a Chase Visa card. I didn't use it over a period of several years, and they eventually cancelled it. I called them, fearing it would impact my credit rating, but they didn't back down. It didn't change, and it made me question what other BS we're told to maintain our credit rating.

Got one with $25k but as said above, never use it. Don't care about point/bonus/miles/cash back incentives and scams as I feel those things consumer more of my time and energy than they are worth. JMTC on it.