Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

So...this crazy white dude at Orlando airport? Wtf was he doing?

Better nutrition. Lol.

I don't deny better nutrition helps over time but it's all in the genes

I don't deny better nutrition helps over time but it's all in the genes

Blacks have a horrendous diet.

Sometimes I think pen is a really smart cat.. Other times... Well, not so much...

Sometimes I think pen is a really smart cat.. Other times... Well, not so much...

Don't take my word for it, there're are multiple sites on the interwebs explaining why the the whole concept is nonsense.

Even a horrendous diet is better than starvation and dysentery.

Always an excuse. Can't just say yeah, their diet now a days, which is what counts, is childish and unhealthy.

Blacks have a horrendous diet.

Bruh momma's cookin is da no I'm sayin?

Where did the Africans get those traits in the first place? Reread the explanation I posted above.

A few hundred years is too short a period to change racial characteristics much. Better nutrition and access to healthcare probably made a much bigger impact on AA.

I would say it almost creates a different race entitely.

I mean, four about four centuries, what happened to weak black people? They died. The strong, fast, tough, survived.

Im not saying that mutations happened or whatever. But yeah, over that period of time, you can definitely create a separate breed. How long do you think it took to create different dog breeds and such?

I mean, four about four centuries, what happened to weak black people? They died. The strong, fast, tough, survived.

Im not saying that mutations happened or whatever. But yeah, over that period of time, you can definitely create a separate breed. How long do you think it took to create different dog breeds and such?

not very 2 generations realistically

in order to cross breed dogs, for example you breed a lab to a golden, then you breed the offspring back to one of the purebreds to limit the mutations, and those puppies are a new breed with dominant characteristics of whichever breed it was bred back into

its the same with plants as well

Always an excuse. Can't just say yeah, their diet now a days, which is what counts, is childish and unhealthy.

Modern diet has no bearing on the slave trade’s influence on athleticism amongst AA.

Evolutionary timescale is on the order of thousands-tens of thousands of years for humans. Something as nebulous as athletic performance surely involves hundreds of different genes, making selecting for it extremely difficult. While some of these genes overlap with general health and ability to breed, the same traits should have been as valuable for any group growing up under tough circumstances, yet we don't see great athletes from all races living in such conditions.

Even a horrendous diet is better than starvation and dysentery.

A horrendous diet causes dysentery, and malnutrition

So you think a diet of fast food is comparable starving in Africa?

StRving is the worst, so no. What do you think of the diet in inner cities and who do you think is responsible?

StRving is the worst, so no. What do you think of the diet in inner cities and who do you think is responsible?

I don't think of inner city diets when I'm refuting nonsense about slavery creating black athletes. :dunno:

I don't think of inner city diets when I'm refuting nonsense about slavery creating black athletes. :dunno:

Speeding away in your Dodge. And there are no starving people in America, so I dont know why you brought that into it.

Stop it. There are millions of kids playing football of all different races. You know the difference? After high school Asian/Indian parents make sure their sons are focusing on getting in to medical or engineering schools. White boys will play in college but aren't killing themselves to make it to the pros. Many have solid foundations academically and have other profitable options.

A handful of men make it to the pros. There are tons of sports, this is just one where black Americans choose.

Why aren't blacks over taking hockey or swimming or soccer or skiing or skating or cycling or weight lifting or gymnastics?

Stop it. There are millions of kids playing football of all different races. You know the difference? After high school Asian/Indian parents make sure their sons are focusing on getting in to medical or engineering schools. White boys will play in college but aren't killing themselves to make it to the pros. Many have solid foundations academically and have other profitable options.

A handful of men make it to the pros. There are tons of sports, this is just one where black Americans choose.

Why aren't blacks over taking hockey or swimming or soccer or skiing or skating or cycling or weight lifting or gymnastics?

cause there aren't many pools, ice rinks, soccer fields, baseball fields, or gyms in inner cities

cause there aren't many pools, ice rinks, soccer fields, baseball fields, or gyms in inner cities

Exactly! I bet if there were, they wouldn't be any better than anyone else. It's just that there are so many blacks funneling into track, basketball, football and baseball.
  • Like 1

Exactly! I bet if there were, they wouldn't be any better than anyone else. It's just that there are so many blacks funneling into track, basketball, football and baseball.

Interesting article and book on the subject.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/first/e/entine-taboo.html

"I know that the American system is very sensitive to statements of black and white. But you cannot defy science. You cannot just say that day is night and night is day. These are facts. And I think it's to the advantage of the black athletes to be proud that God was on their side."

Gideon Ariel,

Biomechanist, former Israeli Olympic athlete

"What really is being said in a kind of underhanded way is that blacks are closer to beasts and animals in terms of their genetic and physical and anatomical make up than they are to the rest of humanity. And that's where the indignity comes in."

Harry Edwards,

Professor of Sociology, University of California at Berkeley

• Like 1

"I know that the American system is very sensitive to statements of black and white. But you cannot defy science. You cannot just say that day is night and night is day. These are facts. And I think it's to the advantage of the black athletes to be proud that God was on their side."

Gideon Ariel,

"What really is being said in a kind of underhanded way is that blacks are closer to beasts and animals in terms of their genetic and physical and anatomical make up than they are to the rest of humanity. And that's where the indignity comes in."

Harry Edwards,

More from the article:

To the degree that it is a purely scientific debate, the evidence of black superiority in athletics is persuasive and decisively confirmed on the playing field. Elite athletes who trace most or all of their ancestry to Africa are by and large better than the competition. The performance gap is widest when little expensive equipment or facilities are required, such as running, the only true intentional sport, and in widely played team sports such as basketball and football. Blacks not only outnumber their nonwhite competitors but, by and large, are the superstars.

This disparity, which we can expect to increase as socio-economic barriers continue to erode, results from a unique confluence of cultural and genetic forces. The favored and socially acceptable explanation for this phenomenon—a dearth of opportunities elsewhere, does not suffice to explain the dimensions of this monopoly. The decisive variable is in our genes—the inherent differences between populations shaped over many thousands of years of evolution. Physical and physiological differences, infinitesimal as they may appear to some, are crucial in competitions in which a fraction of a second separates the gold medalist from the also-ran.

More from the article:

To the degree that it is a purely scientific debate, the evidence of black superiority in athletics is persuasive and decisively confirmed on the playing field. Elite athletes who trace most or all of their ancestry to Africa are by and large better than the competition. The performance gap is widest when little expensive equipment or facilities are required, such as running, the only true intentional sport, and in widely played team sports such as basketball and football. Blacks not only outnumber their nonwhite competitors but, by and large, are the superstars.

This disparity, which we can expect to increase as socio-economic barriers continue to erode, results from a unique confluence of cultural and genetic forces. The favored and socially acceptable explanation for this phenomenon—a dearth of opportunities elsewhere, does not suffice to explain the dimensions of this monopoly. The decisive variable is in our genes—the inherent differences between populations shaped over many thousands of years of evolution. Physical and physiological differences, infinitesimal as they may appear to some, are crucial in competitions in which a fraction of a second separates the gold medalist from the also-ran.

Because the slow ones become dinner.

Gideon Ariel,

Harry Edwards,

It is crazy to me that despite all of their natural athletic abilities and the volume of people they have that SO many cultures have put them in slavery.

It is crazy to me that despite all of their natural athletic abilities and the volume of people they have that SO many cultures have put them in slavery.

Google Maxine Waters and that should clear it up for you.

Google Maxine Waters and that should clear it up for you.

Natural selection in Africa up until the last few centuries directly related to how athletic you were. In Europe and other cultures we had already developed sophisticated societies and our natural selection had a lot more to do with intelligence and not how much food you could catch for your tribe.

If blacks are so superior in sports why then weren't they allowed to play?

Whooooosh

???

I mean why were they segregated if they played so well?

???

I mean why were they segregated if they played so well?

Think about what you just said.

Think about what you just said.

Can you just answer the question! Geez...

Can you just answer the question! Geez...

That is probably exactly why they weren't aloud in sports for a long time. There was probably fear in the white community that blacks would take over baseball or something.

If blacks are so superior in sports why then weren't they allowed to play?

Because they are so superior athletes. Duh. Plus people with broken brains thought them inferior.

Plus. Racists just didnt like hanging around with black people back in the day.

Drinking fountains, restaurants, schools, and baseball teams were all segregated at one point.

Well y'all control most major cities where most black people live. What's your problem? Fix your sh1t.

actually I bet they wood, look at guys in the NBA, guys like Curry for example can cut and move quicker than probably any soccer player, and if he only played soccer his entire life, he would probably be a superstar. Same with Lebron, with his reactions and size, imagine a 6'9 dude in the net playing goalie with his quickness and agility, train him as a goalie since the age of 5, and dude would never be scored on

but if you have a big black kid around, dude is playing hoops or is a defensive end, its stupid to even bother with soccer, its not going to get them out of the hood, to college to the pros

as far as football its cause they are naturally fast and athletic, the rest of football is just repetition

track, running from the po-po gets them ready

Speeding away in your Dodge. And there are no starving people in America, so I dont know why you brought that into it.

Youre usually an abrasive pr!ck, but your posts make sense. In this case, I think you failed to understand my post, prompting the random tangent. Try rereading the thread and get back to me if you somehow think the modern AA diet is remotely germane to this discussion.

Youre usually an abrasive pr!ck, but your posts make sense. In this case, I think you failed to understand my post, prompting the random tangent. Try rereading the thread and get back to me if you somehow think the modern AA diet is remotely germane to this discussion.

Busted. I was just trying to wedge in that there are no starving people in America. I hate that narrative. It's a great example of a falsehood that people accept when it's said, and has no basis in reality.