Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Gordon at 7?

Is Melvin Gordon the safe play at 7 in a ppr? Barkley will be there but worried about the risk with a rookie. And want a rb as the pool thins out.

Gordon is definitely the safer play. Ask yourself this though, how many championships have you won by playing it safe? Barring injuries to all parties, Gordon could feasibly end up a top 10 RB while Barkley has an outside shot at a top 3 spot. (He is the next Jim Brown after all ;) )

It's all about how much risk you are comfortable with. It's hard to win if your first round pick flames out so you have to be able to live with the risky choice.

• Like 1

Top 20 players, you don't need to get advice. Noone knows who will end up better. Go with your own assessment at this point in time based on other conversations and research.

• Like 1

Top 20 players, you don't need to get advice. Noone knows who will end up better. Go with your own assessment at this point in time based on other conversations and research.

Haha ya, just getting an idea of how others see it.

He is draftable at 7 for sure.

Agreed. How long does a guy have to perform to be considered what he truly is? In this case, a #1 running back.

If he performs, it's about right.

If he doesn't, then you over paid.

That’s every pick in the first few rounds.

Gordon has been top 6 in points per game each of the last two seasons. He is the definition of a solid first round pick if you want him.

Barkley is an insane prospect who has the potential to put up LeVeon Bell numbers if used properly, but he is also totally unknown. If you take Gordon in the first, maybe just look for a little more upside in some of your later picks.

Gordon has been top 6 in points per game each of the last two seasons. He is the definition of a solid first round pick if you want him.

Barkley is an insane prospect who has the potential to put up LeVeon Bell numbers if used properly, but he is also totally unknown. If you take Gordon in the first, maybe just look for a little more upside in some of your later picks.

I have a scale and try to draft safe rnd 1-2 then upside the rest of the way. Last year I remember people thought Crowell was a safe pick workhorse in rnd 3 and Kareem hunt was an upside risk.

Is Melvin Gordon the safe play at 7 in a ppr? Barkley will be there but worried about the risk with a rookie. And want a rb as the pool thins out.

Great buy at 7.

Great question.

Thanks

What about Fournette? I have him right around Melvin. I think Melvin is safer pick and handcuff Ekeler.

Im praying for him to come back around to me (10 teamer). Just like Gordon more in ppr.

Not gonna lie, Barkley is how Im leaning now lol. Hes such a beast.

Like him over Barkley?

Oh yea

I think at seven Gordon is a great pick.

Gordon or Fournette?

I have Gordon right before Fournette.

Either way.

Melvin Gordon is in a contract year aka they are gonna run him all game every game if hes healthy. Anthony Lynn stated he wanted to get him more involved in passing game this season and its the best OLine Gordon has probably run behind since being drafted

Sounds reasonable

Gordon or Fournette?

Gordon in PPR for sure. Standard I'd lean towards Fournette.

Anyone concerned about Ekeler? Guy seems like a pretty good player.

He’s a great pickup if you own Gordon.

Anyone concerned about Ekeler? Guy seems like a pretty good player.

No concern, it helps Gordon to have a good backup, it doesnt hurt him at all. Long games, long season, you want the offense to move the chains and get into the RZ when your guy is resting.

I took him at 7 in a 12 team ppr if that helps you feel better. :cheers:

too gordon 7th in .5ppr. barkely was taken 6th so i didnt have to make the OP's decision and i'm really glad i dont have to worry about regretting that one either way. Took gordon definitively ahead of kamara, hopkins, odell, julio, and hunt. fornette was my only other consideration really. GL on your decision.

With the 7th I plan on picking Fournette. Over Gordon, Barkley and Kamara.

Volume! Fournette is projected to get 300+ touches. He did amazingly well last year considering he had the 2nd toughest rushing schedule. This year he has the 7th easiest along with an upgraded o-line. Only knock is fewer receptions than elite RB's but he should still get 40-50. He looks like a rock solid 1st rounder to me with very little risk.

With the 7th I plan on picking Fournette. Over Gordon, Barkley and Kamara.

Volume! Fournette is projected to get 300+ touches. He did amazingly well last year considering he had the 2nd toughest rushing schedule. This year he has the 7th easiest along with an upgraded o-line. Only knock is fewer receptions than elite RB's but he should still get 40-50. He looks like a rock solid 1st rounder to me with very little risk.

Fournette has also apparently worked hard on his pass catching to keep himself on the field more. Yeldon is a much better receiving back, but narrowing that gap may get Fournette 20 more receptions this year. I still think Gordon is more versatile, but Fournette is probably the better pure runner. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. :dunno: