Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Can we start the clock now?

okay, I don't know when this officially begins, so what I really mean is can we start the clock at soon as this nonsense officially begins?

California just signed a measure to eliminate the cash bail system. That's right folks. It is literally a get-out-of-jail-free card. Commit a crime? Now you don't have to do that boring sitting around waiting for trial thing. Now you commit a crime and... go home! Or... commit another crime!

No shiit. How the fuuck is this supposed to work?

so, just for funsies, I thought it'd be a really swell idea if, as soon as there's no cash bail thing is fired up and ready to go, we start a big ass clock. Then it like officially stops running when, let's say the first violent crime occurs. You know my guy goes to jail on a drug possession charge, but wait a minute! he doesn't actually go to jail. So then he goes out and rapes somebody. Or kills somebody.

because, if there's one thing we know about criminals is, they're always on their best behavior right before facing for example, a life sentence.

man, I hope there's some details that I'm missing here. Cause, this seems like an exceptionally bad idea.

Oh? And while I'm on the subject? Man, I bet the percentage of criminals who are released on a no cash bail that actually go to trial when they're supposed to for their crime for which they didn't have to post any bail or do any jail time, 100% of them show up on time and eager to go to trial. In fact, there's probably going to be an overload of requests to go to trial early.

Fuuck me Swinging California. Screw that Mexico wall. Can we build a wall from say Wine Country to Baja?

That is all.

• Like 1

Holding people accountable for their actions is racist, didn't you know this?

They have the fifth largest economy in the world. That's always the argument whenever those crazy nutbags do something else more stupid weird than the stupid weird thing they did before. They could be having sex with kittens and dare anyone say that's weird they'd say fock you, we have the fifth largest economy in the world you focking hick.

• Like 2

It's pretty bad. Ol' Moonbeam recently reduced certain crimes from felonies to misdemeanors. Petty things like being caught with a stolen firearm. I guess that's one way to reduce gun crime.

My neighbor is a total POS. His mom never made him go to school after the 6th grade because he didn't like it. His grandmother left him her house because she knew he'd be homeless otherwise. It's paid off so he never had to get a job. He spends his time dealing drugs and burglarizing local businesses. He gets arrested for sh!t at least once a quarter, has about a dozen pending cases. The latest was on the 19th of this month when he got popped for a parole violation, possession of meth and being a felon in possession of ammunition. He was back home 2 days later.

At some point the cops are just going to say fock it and stop arresting people altogether for anything less than murder or illegal use of a plastic straw.

It's pretty bad. Ol' Moonbeam recently reduced certain crimes from felonies to misdemeanors. Petty things like being caught with a stolen firearm. I guess that's one way to reduce gun crime.

My neighbor is a total POS. His mom never made him go to school after the 6th grade because he didn't like it. His grandmother left him her house because she knew he'd be homeless otherwise. It's paid off so he never had to get a job. He spends his time dealing drugs and burglarizing local businesses. He gets arrested for sh!t at least once a quarter, has about a dozen pending cases. The latest was on the 19th of this month when he got popped for a parole violation, possession of meth and being a felon in possession of ammunition. He was back home 2 days later.

At some point the cops are just going to say fock it and stop arresting people altogether for anything less than murder or illegal use of a plastic straw.

:lol:

I don't support this decision. But requiring someone to put up bail money or stay in jail while awaiting trial is the pretty much the opposite of "innocent until proven guilty".

California props up the rest of the country. We are the 5th biggest economy by ourselves. Shut up and keep wishing you lived here like your wives also do.

Oh and whatever made up thing Wiff is talking about doesnt exist and never will. Bail money is a sweet racket and cash cow.

California props up the rest of the country. We are the 5th biggest economy by ourselves. Shut up and keep wishing you lived here like your wives also do.

Oh and whatever made up thing Wiff is talking about doesnt exist and never will. Bail money is a sweet racket and cash cow.

Gridlock traffic, tent cities, homeless people sh!tting and p!ssing in the streets, outrageous real estate prices, soaring state taxes, sanctuary cities, Hollywood types, wildfires, earthquakes, plus half the leftist loonies in the country reside there.

Sign me up.

• Like 1

Gridlock traffic, tent cities, homeless people sh!tting and p!ssing in the streets, outrageous real estate prices, soaring state taxes, sanctuary cities, Hollywood types, wildfires, earthquakes, plus half the leftist loonies in the country reside there.

Sign me up.

But you can get your lawn cut for 4 pesos.

• Like 2

------------------

God, some of you guys truly are retarded.

------------------

California will become the first state in the nation to abolish bail for suspects awaiting trial under a sweeping reform bill signed by Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/28/642795284/california-becomes-first-state-to-end-cash-bail

------------------

------------------

California will become the first state in the nation to abolish bail for suspects awaiting trial under a sweeping reform bill signed by Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/28/642795284/california-becomes-first-state-to-end-cash-bail

Bail? We don't need no stinking bail.

------------------

------------------

From your link:

"Under the California law those arrested and charged with a crime won't be putting up money or borrowing it from a bail bond agent to obtain their release. Instead, local courts will decide who to keep in custody and whom to release while they await trial. Those decisions will be based on an algorithm created by the courts in each jurisdiction.

In most nonviolent misdemeanor cases, defendants would be released within 12 hours. In other instances, defendants will be scored on how likely they are to show up for their court date, the seriousness of their crime, and the likelihood of recidivism."

:lol: please tell me youre a fandandy alias!

I don't support this decision. But requiring someone to put up bail money or stay in jail while awaiting trial is the pretty much the opposite of "innocent until proven guilty".

None of our "rights" is absolute. The idea behind bail is to give the defendant skin in the game to ensure they show up for trial. The bail amount should be commensurate with their ability to post it, within reasonable limits. My understanding of this bill is that the judge can determine if you're a risk, either safety wise or flight risk wise, and just keep you in jail if they deem it necessary. But if they don't you don't have to post bail. I'm willing to see how it works out, especially since I don't live in CA anymore.

Did Moonbeam actually sign this? Or did it just pass the legislature. Because idiot Wiff never posts a link with his ramblings and at least 50% of the time he doesn't have the facts right anyways. So it's hard to be sure this is actually true.

From your link:

"Under the California law those arrested and charged with a crime won't be putting up money or borrowing it from a bail bond agent to obtain their release. Instead, local courts will decide who to keep in custody and whom to release while they await trial. Those decisions will be based on an algorithm created by the courts in each jurisdiction.

In most nonviolent misdemeanor cases, defendants would be released within 12 hours. In other instances, defendants will be scored on how likely they are to show up for their court date, the seriousness of their crime, and the likelihood of recidivism."

Exactly. This is just giving the courts the oversight who should and should not be released on bond, as opposed to people who have enough money for bond, regardless of how bad of crime the committ. It gives poor people the same rights and rich people.

Some judges will remand, some will release. It will still be uneven. But yeah, some guy is getting released and going home and killing everyone. And gangbangers are going right on the hunt. Book it.

Sign me up.

You forgot $3.75 per gallon gasoline, some of the worst roads in the country, 5 million + illegals, crumbling infrastructure, and we rank dead last in quality of life.

But the weather is nice.

• Like 1

okay, I don't know when this officially begins, so what I really mean is can we start the clock at soon as this nonsense officially begins?

California just signed a measure to eliminate the cash bail system. That's right folks. It is literally a get-out-of-jail-free card. Commit a crime? Now you don't have to do that boring sitting around waiting for trial thing. Now you commit a crime and... go home! Or... commit another crime!

No shiit. How the fuuck is this supposed to work?

so, just for funsies, I thought it'd be a really swell idea if, as soon as there's no cash bail thing is fired up and ready to go, we start a big ass clock. Then it like officially stops running when, let's say the first violent crime occurs. You know my guy goes to jail on a drug possession charge, but wait a minute! he doesn't actually go to jail. So then he goes out and rapes somebody. Or kills somebody.

because, if there's one thing we know about criminals is, they're always on their best behavior right before facing for example, a life sentence.

man, I hope there's some details that I'm missing here. Cause, this seems like an exceptionally bad idea.

Oh? And while I'm on the subject? Man, I bet the percentage of criminals who are released on a no cash bail that actually go to trial when they're supposed to for their crime for which they didn't have to post any bail or do any jail time, 100% of them show up on time and eager to go to trial. In fact, there's probably going to be an overload of requests to go to trial early.

Fuuck me Swinging California. Screw that Mexico wall. Can we build a wall from say Wine Country to Baja?

That is all.

All residents of California should be quarantined within that State (until we figure out what the hell is going on). In the meantime, maybe we can start the clock on your 24-hour mental health hold.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

------------------

------------------

It gets worse

California has escalating crime, cities teaming with homeless people, clogged and crumbling roads, massive unpaid bills, some of America’s highest taxes, and some of its worst public school systems.

So what’s the plan by Gavin Newsom, the Democratic Party’s candidate for governor, to improve the situation? On Tuesday he suggested giving free health care to illegal immigrants.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/29/california-craziness-congress-may-have-to-stop-state-from-giving-free-health-care-to-illegal-immigrants.html

It gets worse

California has escalating crime, cities teaming with homeless people, clogged and crumbling roads, massive unpaid bills, some of America’s highest taxes, and some of its worst public school systems.

So what’s the plan by Gavin Newsom, the Democratic Party’s candidate for governor, to improve the situation? On Tuesday he suggested giving free health care to illegal immigrants.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/29/california-craziness-congress-may-have-to-stop-state-from-giving-free-health-care-to-illegal-immigrants.html

Hard to imagine, but CA will be in far worse shape if this idiot is elected governor.

California controls about the best 85% of the entire Pacific coast, with virtually unlimited natural resources and nearly perfect weather along the coastlines, and has still managed to fock it up. To call it successful is beyond laughable; they couldn't be unsuccessful if they tried. If Arizona ran that state we'd call the planet "Arizonaland."

You douschebag california libs are moving out in staggering numbers to red states because retard cal policy is financially ruining them. :lol: Sad thing is they're moving to red states and will vote in the polices that drove them out of cali. FOCKING MORAAAAANS :wall: