Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

Have to think he sits the 10 games now. But if the steelers exempt him to keep him from tolling his contract it will look terrible.

Sources say, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be enjoying a pizza party post game later on today in Cleveland. The cost of this party... an estimated $855,000

DJ just offered a 3 year 30 million guaranteed deal.

Accepted it.

Bell is a moron.

Bells agent is gonna try and hide that deal from Bell lol. Didnt the stealers make a better offer that he turned down.

And he just burned a million this weekend. The DJ offer may snap Bell out of it.

Accepted it.

Bell is a moron.

I figured this would happen. DJ is a class act dude. He wasn't going to drag it out. The cards did get a deal on the best rb in the NFL though

Accepted it.

Bell is a moron.

Good deal for both sides. Takes away the tag years and allows him to have a second contract at age 29.

Bells agent is gonna try and hide that deal from Bell lol. Didnt the stealers make a better offer that he turned down.

And he just burned a million this weekend. The DJ offer may snap Bell out of it.

From everything I have read, the Steelers offer only included $10M guaranteed. Well have to see the exact terms of DJs deal, but so far it looks like he got 3x the guarantee that Bell was offered.

From everything I have read, the Steelers offer only included $10M guaranteed. Well have to see the exact terms of DJs deal, but so far it looks like he got 3x the

guarantee that Bell was offered.

It depends which offer you look at. Previous offers may have included more in guaranteed money with a smaller overall figure like the one Johnson signed. The Steelers and Bell have had years to reach a deal, so I don't think either side thought there was much of a chance of coming to an agreement this off-season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Steelers have no intention of trading holdout RB Le'Veon Bell.

Bell has yet to sign his franchise tender and has given no indication of when he might return. Despite his continued absence and the distraction it's created, the Steelers are "not even considering" a trade and are willing to wait as long as it takes for Bell to show up. Per Schefter, there's optimism Bell will report by the end of September. In the meantime, the Steelers will turn to James Conner at running back. Sep 9 - 10:12 AM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

From everything I have read, the Steelers offer only included $10M guaranteed. Well have to see the exact terms of DJs deal, but so far it looks like he got 3x the guarantee that Bell was offered.

If Bell would have gone to work yesterday he would have had a $14.5 million one year deal. Guaranteed. Add that to the $12 million he made last year and he could have had a 2 year $26.5 million windfall. In addition to that, he is hurting his career stats, screwing up team relationships, hurting his and the team's chances of winning a superbowl, and losing fans while he is at it. That dude is not thinking clearly.

If Bell would have gone to work yesterday he would have had a $14.5 million one year deal. Guaranteed. Add that to the $12 million he made last year and he could have had a 2 year $26.5 million windfall. In addition to that, he is hurting his career stats, screwing up team relationships, hurting his and the team's chances of winning a superbowl, and losing fans while he is at it. That dude is not thinking clearly.

It's just a tough argument to make because it makes sense on both sides. There is no wrong side in this. I wouldn't pay Bell the money he wants. If I am Bell though, I would be really concerned about a serious injury this year, even if I am guaranteed $14 mil, of killing any real value I had in the future. I can never ever fault anyone for trying to maximize the money they make, especially in a system where the money is there to be had. It's not like he is pulling it out of the pockets of people who aren't willingly giving it up (the fans).

I am leaning toward it wasn't smart of him to sit out though. $14 mil is a huge pay day for 1 year. Plus, teams aren't usually smart enough to not pay a RB big money if they don't deserve it. Someone would have payed him, at least a 3 year 25 Mil guarantee. 25 + 14 = 39. Not a bad guarantee over 4 years at all.

• Like 1

Something to note--Bell was a close friend of rapper Mac Miller who died of an overdose yesterday. Bell has been tweeting about his friend today, so it sounds like his head isn't on football one way or another

If you're still following Bell's tweets, I'd be interested to hear his reaction to Conner's performance. He'll probably "say all the right things"...but who knows ?

If you're still following Bell's tweets, I'd be interested to hear his reaction to Conner's performance. He'll probably "say all the right things"...but who knows ?

An emoji of a guy looking through a monocle. People said he was throwing shade, he responded he never saw a game end in a tie

An emoji of a guy looking through a monocle. People said he was throwing shade, he responded he never saw a game end in a tie

lol. He doesn't watch football, come on.

Conner! As my flex player too!

It's just a tough argument to make because it makes sense on both sides. There is no wrong side in this. I wouldn't pay Bell the money he wants. If I am Bell though, I would be really concerned about a serious injury this year, even if I am guaranteed $14 mil, of killing any real value I had in the future. I can never ever fault anyone for trying to maximize the money they make, especially in a system where the money is there to be had. It's not like he is pulling it out of the pockets of people who aren't willingly giving it up (the fans).

I am leaning toward it wasn't smart of him to sit out though. $14 mil is a huge pay day for 1 year. Plus, teams aren't usually smart enough to not pay a RB big money if they don't deserve it. Someone would have payed him, at least a 3 year 25 Mil guarantee. 25 + 14 = 39. Not a bad guarantee over 4 years at all.

But, injuries can happen at anytime and holding out due to that possibly happening means he ought to just forget football and go unload trucks at UPS instead. It’s safer. Doesn’t Bell realize that the league is no longer about single "star" running backs and he can be replaced fairly easily. It’s a QB driven league that focuses on spread offenses. Zero reason to pay him a crap ton of money that often ends up wasted anyways. I mean, make him a reasonable offer and if that’s not good enough then eff him.

But, injuries can happen at anytime and holding out due to that possibly happening means he ought to just forget football and go unload trucks at UPS instead. Its safer. Doesnt Bell realize that the league is no longer about single "star" running backs and he can be replaced fairly easily. Its a QB driven league that focuses on spread offenses. Zero reason to pay him a crap ton of money that often ends up wasted anyways. I mean, make him a reasonable offer and if thats not good enough then eff him.

I think this is a good point. Bell has been listening to people and now hes delusional. He focused on one thing while not recognizing the industry and his position value. Its sucjs but too bad, its the reality. Deluded people dont accept reality.

And now its cost him 900k and counting. Thats some serious delusion.

Just look at his tweets after the game. The guy does not get it.

So, will he show up this week?

I have a feeling he may sit out nine weeks because it’s all or nothing at this point.

If he shows up this week, all he did so far by holding out was for nothing and his pride will stand in the way of that.

The DJ deal actually helps Bell and hurts the Steelers, IMO. The big difference is the guaranteed money. DJ is getting a LARGE chuck of his salary guaranteed. 30 of the 45 million in guarantees. I have to believe that if the Steelers had offered Bell that, well, he'd have played this past weekend. Now it's going to go up. If DJ is worth 15 million per year, Bell might just be able to justify his $17 million/yr request. I really hope this plays out with him showing up for the minimum 6 games to get his credit for the year, Steelers hitting him with roster exemption for 2 games, then benching him for the next 4.

Is the madman gonna burn through another mil? Any reports of him even being in the state of Pennsylvania?

Is the madman gonna burn through another mil? Any reports of him even being in the state of Pennsylvania?

What is the closest state to PA where recreational weed is legal?

• Like 1

Conner was the man last week.

What is everyone's thoughts on his production this week?

MIke has him at 90 and a TD. plus 25 rec.

I think he will have 150+ total yards and 2 tds. Maybe 50yrds rec.

The ongoing Bell hate in this thread astounds me.

"Bell is greedy" - why because he produces equivalent numbers to Brown, so shouldn't he be paid like Brown? Nobody blinked an eye at paying Brown $17 Million a year...

"RB shouldn't be paid that much" - Why do WR get paid that much then?

"Bell is an idiot" - Actually I think what he's doing is pretty smart given his options, he's doing exactly what he should do to get a fair contract.

"Bell should just play he's making 14 Million" - yeah and what happens if he gets hurt? No leverage, no guaranteed money, no future contract prospects.

"Steelers don't need Bell, Connor is fine" - yeah maybe, but maybe Connor also took advantage of a soft Cleveland Defense...

People hating on Bell are.

1. Owners of him in fantasy

2. Steeler fans

3. Racists

4. Normal Joe's that think just because they aren't gifted, yet work their ass off, see any athlete that holds out or cares about themselves above the "team/company" as ungrateful POS. And that they should take whatever is offered to them regardless of context or what the owners make, etc and be happy.

Of course $855k per game is life changing to "us". But be realistic to what these athletes are potentially sacrificing in long term health, injuries and what kind of money they generate for their employers. And yes they "choose" to do this as a career. And just like with anyone in this great country, we all have the right to make our own choices and to do what's best for us and our families. I hope it works out for him and I truly believe he is doing the smart thing for his financial future. Steelers knew the risk and they tried to exploit the system and Bell is not having it anymore.

• Like 1

Conner has a legit chance to lead the league in rushing TDS this year. I have thought about offering him for Jordan Howard straight up, whom I really like, but Howard just doesn't offer the same upside. I think we will see more 12 point non ppr games from Howard and more 16 point non ppr games from Connor purely because of touchdowns. The Steelers offense is really good still.

Conner has a legit chance to lead the league in rushing TDS this year. I have thought about offering him for Jordan Howard straight up, whom I really like, but Howard just doesn't offer the same upside. I think we will see more 12 point non ppr games from Howard and more 16 point non ppr games from Connor purely because of touchdowns. The Steelers offense is really good still.

I don't think there is much chance of this...you have a 1 game sample from Connor where he toted the ball 31 times (volume carries) against a defense that is usually playing from behind in games. You really think Connor is going to perform better than Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Mixon, etc.?

He does have decent size to handle the workload and a decent YPC average, but you really only have 1 game sample to judge him on as all the other games he played he got 3-5 carries tops.

3. Racists

Gotta love this accusatory crap. If you think a black person is making a poor decision, you're a racist. You go hillary.

The ongoing Bell hate in this thread astounds me.

"Bell is greedy" - why because he produces equivalent numbers to Brown, so shouldn't he be paid like Brown? Nobody blinked an eye at paying Brown $17 Million a year...

"RB shouldn't be paid that much" - Why do WR get paid that much then?

"Bell is an idiot" - Actually I think what he's doing is pretty smart given his options, he's doing exactly what he should do to get a fair contract.

"Bell should just play he's making 14 Million" - yeah and what happens if he gets hurt? No leverage, no guaranteed money, no future contract prospects.

"Steelers don't need Bell, Connor is fine" - yeah maybe, but maybe Connor also took advantage of a soft Cleveland Defense...

The 14.5 was guaranteed. Not any longer 14.5. What happens when he comes back and gets hurt?

I don't think there is much chance of this...you have a 1 game sample from Connor where he toted the ball 31 times (volume carries) against a defense that is usually playing from behind in games. You really think Connor is going to perform better than Gurley, Zeke, Kamara, Mixon, etc.?

He does have decent size to handle the workload and a decent YPC average, but you really only have 1 game sample to judge him on as all the other games he played he got 3-5 carries tops.

At least lead the league until bell comes back. Yes he has a legit chance to have more touchdowns just because of how good the Steelers are on offense. He will have plenty of opportunities so long as he is healthy

well, its kind of stupid (and a bit insulting) that they wouldnt guarantee the amount he would play for if he played under the franchise tag.

I know Its not that big a deal but that is crossing the line. there is no reason to sign a deal with a smaller guarantee than the guaranteed amount he'd play for under the tag.

If this is true, I dont blame him for not signing.

At least lead the league until bell comes back. Yes he has a legit chance to have more touchdowns just because of how good the Steelers are on offense. He will have plenty of opportunities so long as he is healthy

I'm just saying it's a bold prediction to say a guy will step in and be a decent RB1 fill in for Bell to "he's going to be the NFL rushing TD leader this year" unless you were joking... :dunno:

The 14.5 was guaranteed. Not any longer 14.5. What happens when he comes back and gets hurt?

Exactly. He loses all leverage and any chance at a good long-term deal and top end payout with guaranteed money.

I actually think what he's doing right now is not only smart, but justified as well.