Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

Gotta love this accusatory crap. If you think a black person is making a poor decision, you're a racist. You go hillary.

That's not what he said at all, man. He gave a list of reasons that people hate on Bell. That list doesn't mean that everyone hating on him is all of those things. Racists exist, some racists play FF, and judging by some of the few comments I've read on places like twitter about this issue, there are definitely people hating on him for racist reasons. Does not mean you are. Just because you aren't a racist doesn't mean that some people who agree with you about an issue are therefore not racist as well. Right? :)

• Like 1

Exactly. He loses all leverage and any chance at a good long-term deal and top end payout with guaranteed money.

I actually think what he's doing right now is not only smart, but justified as well.

He doesn't have any leverage at a long term deal either way. Pitt has a great oline for rushing. And they know it. And they still offered him 14.5. What team is going to give him $40 million guaranteed? How many RBs in the league made $12 million last year and 14.5 this year?

Picture Bell in Cleveland or Miami or Oakland or Seattle. He is nowhere near as good as he is on the Steelers.

That's not what he said at all, man. He gave a list of reasons that people hate on Bell. That list doesn't mean that everyone hating on him is all of those things. Racists exist, some racists play FF, and judging by some of the few comments I've read on places like twitter about this issue, there are definitely people hating on him for racist reasons. Does not mean you are. Just because you aren't a racist doesn't mean that some people who agree with you about an issue are therefore not racist as well. Right? :)

👍

Thanks, was going to respond, then read some more of his responses and figured pointless.

BTW, just because Bell won't collect the first 10 game checks while he holds out, The value of his franchise contract of 14mil does not change. So if they do try to franchise him a third year they won't be able to afford him because that multiplier is based on the full year value.

And again, just as pointless as some of you guys think it is for him holding out, just because he will report in week 10 doesn't mean he'll see the field. He won't be "playing his ass off" to get a good contract next year. I'm pretty certain the rest of the NFL has access to the last 3 years of game film and can see what he brings to the table....less another 400+ touches from this year.

He doesn't have any leverage at a long term deal either way. Pitt has a great oline for rushing. And they know it. And they still offered him 14.5. What team is going to give him $40 million guaranteed? How many RBs in the league made $12 million last year and 14.5 this year?

Picture Bell in Cleveland or Miami or Oakland or Seattle. He is nowhere near as good as he is on the Steelers.

What he'll get in guarantees next year will be more than what he would make this year. He'll get at least 30mil+ which if he plays this year and gets hurt, 14mil is the last he'll see..

What he'll get in guarantees next year will be more than what he would make this year. He'll get at least 30mil+ which if he plays this year and gets hurt, 14mil is the last he'll see..

Exactly. He's not interested in a 1 year deal with no security no matter how much they're paying.

Just throwing out the race card. That's all. Silly him. Let's all go to twitter for the answers in life. A bunch of 14 years being stupid.

And why say that people don't like bell because he is making a bad decision?

Just throwing out the race card. That's all. Silly him. Let's all go to twitter for the answers in life. A bunch of 14 years being stupid.

And why say that people don't like bell because he is making a bad decision?

He's not 'just throwing out the race card'. And he wasn't calling anyone here, you included, a racist. He listed four reasons he thinks people are against Bell. One of them is racism. And you'd have to either not look on social media (which isn't a bad thing, to not look there) or be blind to not see all the really really racist comments out there about Bell. There are a bunch of them. Certainly not every one. And I don't recall seeing one here. But they are out there.

Again, man--racism really does exist. It's a huge, huge problem. The existence of racism, on a daily basis, affecting millions of people, is not some liberal scheme or lie. :)

It's also--and this is important--not a claim that everyone is racist. It's not even a claim that 'everyone who disagrees is racist. Saying that some people are responding to Bell in certain ways because of racism is just a plain fact. Lucky Bastard simply pointing to the existence of that racism is not 'playing the race card'. Acknowledging the existence of racism is not some slick argumentative trick that's only brought out to 'win points' on the internet.

If he didn't call you a racist--if he didn't say you or anyone else here was a racist--and if he didn't base his arguments replying to you on a claim that you're a racist--then there's no need for you to accuse him of 'playing the race card'. Aside from just saying some people out there are racist, he hasn't relied on that at all to make his arguments.

Here's the plain fact--racial bias plays a huge role in all of our lives, directly or indirectly (it's at the heart of the anthem protests, for example). If you won't allow anyone to bring it up in conversation without accusing them of 'playing the race card', then you're just denying reality.

There's no attack here, man. Relax.

Yes. I don't look at social media, but I see quotes at times in articles. I don't give credence to them. Just like I saw a whole bunch of quotes in an article about Robbie Anderson saying he was going to F the wife of the cop who pulled him over for reckless driving. Those quotes were twitter from black people cheering him on. Stupid and racist.

It's all stupid to pay attention to and bring up when talking FF and a player holdout.

Yes. I don't look at social media, but I see quotes at times in articles. I don't give credence to them. Just like I saw a whole bunch of quotes in an article about Robbie Anderson saying he was going to F the wife of the cop who pulled him over for reckless driving. Those quotes were twitter from black people cheering him on. Stupid and racist.

It's all stupid to pay attention to and bring up when talking FF and a player holdout.

If someone's talking about reasons why people don't like Bell, and there are racists out there who don't like him for racist reasons...it seems like a part of the natural conversation. It's stupid to accuse specific people of it when they haven't been. But he didn't do that. If you hadn't reacted the way you did, it would have gone by as just an acknowledgement of a fact--which is what it was.

If someone's talking about reasons why people don't like Bell, and there are racists out there who don't like him for racist reasons...it seems like a part of the natural conversation. It's stupid to accuse specific people of it when they haven't been. But he didn't do that. If you hadn't reacted the way you did, it would have gone by as just an acknowledgement of a fact--which is what it was.

Every single race has racists in that race. What is the point of saying it when talking about a holdout decision? It's not relevent in the least to the situation if Bell is making a good move or not. Which I think is interesting. But ok. This is just a topic board about stuff. No big deal on my side.

Even if his "strategy" works, seems like NFL owners these days are quick to sour on such players' actions; many teams my go "hands-off".

I think that he would get the same as DJ, 30m guaranteed, in the open market. You would probably have 5-6 teams interested, and it would only take 2 to drive the price up. Hou, ind, oak, sea, det, TB, would all probably love to have an above average back for all 3 downs. Draft picks be damned, he is a known commodity.

I think that he would get the same as DJ, 30m guaranteed, in the open market. You would probably have 5-6 teams interested, and it would only take 2 to drive the price up. Hou, ind, oak, sea, det, TB, would all probably love to have an above average back for all 3 downs. Draft picks be damned, he is a known commodity.

Hes scoffing at DJs deal. Thats the issue.

My only source is what I read on here that Pitt only offered 10m guaranteed. That's lowballing bigtime. I dont necessarily agree with what he is doing, but I can understand it.

perfrct fit for the jets. They'll have 100 mill in cap space available next year. Darnold and bell would be beautiful together.

perfrct fit for the jets. They'll have 100 mill in cap space available next year. Darnold and bell would be beautiful together.

I am not buying that Darnold is good. He could be that rookie who starts lucky and then fades as the season wears. I still think he is going to suck hard in the NFL

I am not buying that Darnold is good. He could be that rookie who starts lucky and then fades as the season wears. I still think he is going to suck hard in the NFL

Aikman said he thinks Darnold was the best QB in the draft fornwhat its worth.

Aikman said he thinks Darnold was the best QB in the draft fornwhat its worth.

It's not worth much to me. I don't trust many peoples opinions. I thought Darnolds college numbers screamed bust. Maybe he ends up Bortles good? Which is not good for real football but sometimes serviceable for fantasy.

He didn't look spectacular to me like everyone said either.

I liked Rosen the best but Darnold was #2 coming out this year imo.

And Bell would be good for the Jets

I like Rosen also and think the Cards should make the switch right now.

It's not worth much to me. I don't trust many peoples opinions. I thought Darnolds college numbers screamed bust. Maybe he ends up Bortles good? Which is not good for real football but sometimes serviceable for fantasy.

He didn't look spectacular to me like everyone said either.

After the pick he threw for a 75 percent completion rate and a QBR of over 120, on Monday night football, on the road, as s 21 year old. Yes, very very small sample size. But if we base it on that only, he'll be as special as they come....poor Giants. They had their QB and now have to watch darnold take over NY for the next 15 years

After the pick he threw for a 75 percent completion rate and a QBR of over 120, on Monday night football, on the road, as s 21 year old. Yes, very very small sample size. But if we base it on that only, he'll be as special as they come....poor Giants. They had their QB and now have to watch darnold take over NY for the next 15 years

I am not quite ready to enshrine him after 1 game against an absolute shlt from top to bottom Lions team. They are absolutely pathetic. Stafford has been in this league how long? And he has 3 reliable receivers to throw to? Patricia will be lucky to make it to his second year coaching. Darnold will be a game manager at absolute best. He may be able to dink and dunk his way to a high completion percentage. Didn't Sam Bradford just break the completion % record not long ago for a single season? Are we enshrining him yet?

I like Rosen also and think the Cards should make the switch right now.

i liked rosen too....most people agreed he was the most pro ready of the two and thats what i got when i watched them play h2h...

rosen reminded me of eli manning(whom i hate)....now i dont think the world of manning but he has had some success in his career.......wheni watched darnold he didnt remind of anything....which isnt bad nor does it mean anything...but i just didnt see anything that stood out...but we shall see

.poor Giants. They had their QB and now have to watch darnold take over NY for the next 15 years

Poor Giants? For the last 30 or so years the Jets had to watch the Giants win Four Super Bowls while not even playing in one, and for most of that time they played in a place called Giants Stadium. I think Darnold will be good, said as much here in some pre-season thread, but there is a huge chasm to cross before the Jets catch up.

I am not quite ready to enshrine him after 1 game against an absolute shlt from top to bottom Lions team. They are absolutely pathetic. Stafford has been in this league how long? And he has 3 reliable receivers to throw to? Patricia will be lucky to make it to his second year coaching. Darnold will be a game manager at absolute best. He may be able to dink and dunk his way to a high completion percentage. Didn't Sam Bradford just break the completion % record not long ago for a single season? Are we enshrining him yet?[/quote

I agree with you, we have to take that first start with a grain of salt. But boy did it pass the eye test for me.

The Giants made a terrible decision in the draft. Yeah, they got a good RB, but like most RBs, he may not last long and won't be the difference maker a QB could be. Manning is just plain crap, and even if they had Walter Payton they couldn't win with at this point. That was a huge mistake not going QB.

After last years bumper crop the list of QB needy teams has thinned considerably. There are some good ones coming out this year. Drew Lock in particular is very intriguing. We shall see what develops...

How many had bell on their dnd list 2 weeks or more prior to week 1?

The main point of this whole thread that I started was about how we listen to a bunch of peoples opinions on tv and follow like sheep. Who just took the facts, and made their own decision about what Bell would do?

It’s a lesson to be learned. Because of this, my fantasy team is much stronger than it would’ve been.

Also,

I believe Bell Is playing with fire. He may find his value in the market is nowhere near what he wants. All of this could be for nothing.

I have 1 share of Lev.Bell. My team is doing alright at 2-0. I hear the guys on Sirius fantasy channel hyping Bell to be back this week. Will the Steelers cave in? Man it's a tough call. I would love to try and trade him if not.

I have 1 share of Lev.Bell. My team is doing alright at 2-0. I hear the guys on Sirius fantasy channel hyping Bell to be back this week. Will the Steelers cave in? Man it's a tough call. I would love to try and trade him if not.

What do you mean "Will the Steelers cave in?"

The only thing the Steelers can do is wait it out or remove the franchise tag and let him be a free agent. This is all on Bell at this point. Under league rules, there are no contract negotiations at this point. He either signs the tender and reports or he sits out until he has to come back (week 10) in order to be credited with the year of service making him a true free agent in 2019. Steelers can't do anything now. There is no "cave" in which to "cave-in".

Yup, Steelers have no options here, they are just waiting. Bell has his plan, he ain’t reporting til week 10 so he can accrue his minimum games. When he does, don’t expect him to try hard.

HEs burned 2 million. Whats another million. Oh yeah, 3 million.

Hes gotten bad advice.

HEs burned 2 million. Whats another million. Oh yeah, 3 million.

Hes gotten bad advice.

Very bad advice. He is using Kramer's lawyer to represent him. :doh:

Yup, Steelers have no options here, they are just waiting. Bell has his plan, he ain’t reporting til week 10 so he can accrue his minimum games. When he does, don’t expect him to try hard.

Actually the Steelers have the option of offering him more money than the franchise tag if they wanted to.

You do not know what Bell's plan is and neither do most of us.

You either try hard in an NFL game or you get killed and are more likely to get injured imo.

Actually the Steelers have the option of offering him more money than the franchise tag if they wanted to.

You do not know what Bell's plan is and neither do most of us.

You either try hard in an NFL game or you get killed and are more likely to get injured imo.

Yep. Bell is following bad advice.

Do they? Said per rules, they cant negotiate more deals, the window passed. He can sign the tag or not sign it. If Im wrong, ok then, but thats how I understood it to be.

Also you may not know his plan, but I do. Its to come back week 10 and accrue a season likely on the bench as a backup as to not put wear on his tires. I knew this a month ago.

Do they? Said per rules, they cant negotiate more deals, the window passed. He can sign the tag or not sign it. If Im wrong, ok then, but thats how I understood it to be.

Also you may not know his plan, but I do. Its to come back week 10 and accrue a season likely on the bench as a backup as to not put wear on his tires. I knew this a month ago.

Nothing stops them from offering more is what I heard.