Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Who will be waiver wire gold this year?

Every year there are at least two - three players that take you to the championship off the waiver wire. Last year it was Kamara. Years before it was d. freeman, Odell, etc etc

Lets list them

For me. In a yahoo league. It is jaylen samuals hands down. Hear me out. Gronk was the top scoring te last year in most leagues. Averaged 15 a game. If bell goes down/is traded/ does not report samuals can put up 10 to 15 points as a rb even in a time share in a ppr. 6 to 7 catches a game and maybe 50 yards and a gl td.

It is all speculation. All based on bell and him not playing. But there could be the top scoring te sitting on your wire. Being ignored. Who is this jaylen samuals you are picking up.

Antonio Callaway, OJ Howard, J Wilkins, Cordarelle Patterson off the top o my head.

• Like 1

For me. In a yahoo league. It is jaylen samuals hands down. Hear me out. Gronk was the top scoring te last year in most leagues. Averaged 15 a game. If bell goes down/is traded/ does not report samuals can put up 10 to 15 points as a rb even in a time share in a ppr. 6 to 7 catches a game and maybe 50 yards and a gl td.

It is all speculation. All based on bell and him not playing. But there could be the top scoring te sitting on your wire. Being ignored. Who is this jaylen samuals you are picking up.

I guess it depends on the league. He is only listed as a RB in both of my leagues

If Todd Gurley has a lengthy injury John Kelly would explode off the waiver in bids...he is a real talent that would be a asset in scoring major fantasy points...

Antonio Callaway, OJ Howard, J Wilkins, Cordarelle Patterson off the top o my head.

10 team league, so no judging, Kumerow was on my roster so I dropped him for Latavius Murray. But man I was tempted to pick up Patterson. The Patriots have so few viable receivers on the team. He is a guy who doesn't need to be running all these precise routes to make an impact. He is a guy who can take a few handoffs, a few screens, or just a dump pass and weave it into gold. If Cook is healthy all year, Murray will be a spotty start at best. My running backs are loaded, so I really don't need Murray. My receivers are definitely more of a ?, which makes me think Patterson would have more value on my team.

If Todd Gurley has a lengthy injury John Kelly would explode off the waiver in bids...he is a real talent that would be a asset in scoring major fantasy points...

I have him in both leagues and 0 shares of Gurley. Just think that in the nfl anything could happen.

How about Dez?

I'm in a 14 team, which drafted 24 rounds (deep benches), so I rostered Dez late. I'd imagine most leagues he's available though. When/if he signs somewhere, he'll go quick.

10 team league, so no judging, Kumerow was on my roster so I dropped him for Latavius Murray. But man I was tempted to pick up Patterson. The Patriots have so few viable receivers on the team. He is a guy who doesn't need to be running all these precise routes to make an impact. He is a guy who can take a few handoffs, a few screens, or just a dump pass and weave it into gold. If Cook is healthy all year, Murray will be a spotty start at best. My running backs are loaded, so I really don't need Murray. My receivers are definitely more of a ?, which makes me think Patterson would have more value on my team.

plus doesn't he just seem like the type of guy Bellicheck turns into a productive player?

plus doesn't he just seem like the type of guy Bellicheck turns into a productive player?

If anyone can Bill can.

I was big on Cooks last year going to the Pats, but I failed to account for Brady losing some of his touch. They just didn't have enough time together to get in sync. Cooks was open quite often, but Brady just couldn't hit him. This is different since Patterson is huge and a force underneath. I really hope the Pat's can use him right if for no other reason than to make the latter part of his career into what it should have been all along

Jordan Wilkins is the starter week one FWIW

True that, hard to think of waiver RBs at the moment all the guys who have a role get snatched up.

Tavon Austin

They have big plans for him!

I know he’s looked awful the past two seasons.

And I’m no fan.

But D Martin is one guy I’ve liked since he went to the Raiders.

And even more so with the bad news about Warren.

J Gofff I think he can be a top five Qb this season, and he’s cheap.

Jordan Wilkins is the starter week one FWIW

So what you are saying is there is an even better reason to bet the farm on the Bengals?

So what you are saying is there is an even better reason to bet the farm on the Bengals?

Wilkins could be good though.

Streaming Cincy D could be a good call. Wilkins could be a good week one plug and play if you're a Bell owner and he continues to flake, especially if Conner is already snatched up in your league

Moncrief, Willie Snead later... I'm also feeling Tyler Boyd and Tyrell Williams

Who is the pass catcher RB in Indy? I have Wilkins but saw the other guy was dropped (Ny Hines)

Id say Hines is very comparable to an Alvin Kamara type back, but a bit smaller and faster, with not quite as much wiggle. 58 198. 4.38 40.

Its almost always the person no one saw coming so Im just going to name some random people. Miamis third string running back. Whoever Kyle Rudolphs back up is. Tyrod Taylor.

• Like 1

hines was a popular pick before camp started...but he had a brutal preseason.....i saw him go undrafted in a high stakes ppr league last week....that was almost unthinkable at the start of the summer as he was everyones popular pick to be this years "kamara"....

I know he’s looked awful the past two seasons.

And I’m no fan.

But D Martin is one guy I’ve liked since he went to the Raiders.

And even more so with the bad news about Warren.

J Gofff I think he can be a top five Qb this season, and he’s cheap.

i drafted goff as as my backup....and got him at a great value....i actually have him in my top 100 ......and i took gurley #1...so i feel like to some degree he is sort of like gurley insurance....i know everyone loves kelly(im debating making the WW move on him now before anything can happen) but i feel like if something happens to gurley it will be goffs team

It seems like some here are picking players who can only be relevant if the starter gets injured and is out for the season.

How about guys, like Goff, who don’t need for that to happen?

It seems like some here are picking players who can only be relevant if the starter gets injured and is out for the season.

How about guys, like Goff, who dont need for that to happen?

I think Goff is usually drafted? Not a good case for wire pickup if already on a roster

How about guys, like Goff, who dont need for that to happen?

What league would let Goff go undrafted?

What league would let Goff go undrafted?

I'm in a rather competitive league 12 team auction league for a lot of $, and Goff got undrafted. A few teams only drafted 1 QB though. Goff will be gone in the first WW before game 1.

Who is the pass catching TE for Dallas? They can't just throw all those Witten plays away, can they?

Who is the pass catching TE for Dallas? They can't just throw all those Witten plays away, can they?

There are several on the team. Jarwin is the one I have a couple shares in.

• Like 1

I’m only picking guys less than 40% owned in Yahoo and I won’t try to predict injury which we all know can change these lists quickly (think of a guy like Ware suddenly having value).

QB. Case Keenum is only 30% owned but has three receivers drafted, two high and an on the rise RB. He was a QB1 last season. I see no reason to think he can’t repeat.

RB. I only see three guys who could rise up without an injury. Corey Clement (26% owned in Yahoo). Tavon Austin (2%) who has an odd RB/WR designation. Jaylen Samuels.

WR. Quincy Enunwa looked pretty study before his injury. Can he return to form and get decent QB play? Agree with others on Callaway. Tyrell Williams always seems to have a big week early. I feel like Curtis Samuel could outproduce DJ Moore. Geronimo Allison (10% owned) could have a James Jones season as the technical #3 in Green Bay.

Good list and I agree, especially with Antonio Callaway and OJ Howard from a talent standpoint. Just curious on your basis with those two as they have obstacles (Gordon, Landry and Njoku in Callaway's case and Cameron Brate in OJ Howard's case) in front of them.