Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Who will be waiver wire gold this year?

Good list and I agree, especially with Antonio Callaway and OJ Howard from a talent standpoint. Just curious on your basis with those two as they have obstacles (Gordon, Landry and Njoku in Callaway's case and Cameron Brate in OJ Howard's case) in front of them.

First off this is a waiver list so they should all have obstacles or they would have been drafted. That being said, Callaway is starting week 1 so if he performs well it solidifies his role even when Gordon gets back to full speed. Add in the always present Gordon Relapse and he is a good speculative Add. Howard is easier to imagine as every year there a bunch of TE's who produce off the waiver wire. OJ was a top 15 pick, I believe, and Talent rises to the top in most cases, so could easily see him being the better fantasy option this year than Brate, which does cap his upside a little.

I predict Doug Martin will be waiver wire gold.

Hes backing up a 32 Y.O. starter in Lynch.

I would not be surprised to see the season actually start as a committee and Martin to gain more carries as the season progresses. Lynch may remain the goal line back.

it is hard to think a 32 Y.O. RB will make it through the whole season. I just dont see it happening.

it happened for the first time in well over a decade with Gore. I dont see lightning striking twice in such a short period of time.

I love Lynch, but hes too old and it will show soon enough.

I'm in a rather competitive league 12 team auction league for a lot of $, and Goff got undrafted. A few teams only drafted 1 QB though. Goff will be gone in the first WW before game 1.

I've been a little surprised at what I've seen as the underrating of Goff heading into this season. The Rams seem to me to be a pretty good offense that's going to score a lot of points. 2 or more TDs in 8 of his last 9 outings last year, only laying an egg against Minnesota, one of the top defenses. Maybe people just can't forget how bad Goff was two years ago. But they certainly forgot about it with Gurley.

Then again, I was real high on Mariota coming into last season, and Bortles the year before that, so... Maybe tempering expectations about a young QB following up a breakout season is the correct call.

1) Besides Allen & Gordon, enough passes to support T Williams? Especially with Hunter Henry gone

2) Moncrief have any value as the #2 WR?

3) Chad Williams can do anything as AZ starting WR next to Larry and DJ?

4) RB Prosise or Mckissic in PPR?

1) Besides Allen & Gordon, enough passes to support T Williams? Especially with Hunter Henry gone

2) Moncrief have any value as the #2 WR?

3) Chad Williams can do anything as AZ starting WR next to Larry and DJ?

4) RB Prosise or Mckissic in PPR?

I like Moncrief a lot this year... I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the team in rec TDs...

I could see 50rec for 650ish and 6Tds pretty conservatively

Cordarelle Patterson. If you don't have him, go drop your Dont Moncrief or whatever limited upside guy you have. Patterson may matter right away. There isn't much else for Tom to throw to.

Cordarelle Patterson worth a shot over golladay?

I would say so. Golladay has two receivers ahead of him in the pecking order for sure. Patterson has some nice upside. Plus he is a guy who doesn't need a lot of touches. Give him a guaranteed 6 touches a game with a few of those being carries, he is going to spin one of them into gold. Something that Belichik has hopefully figured out (because the nfl "experts" can't seem to grasp it)

The fact Patterson hasn't been cut is what intrigues me most. He couldn't run a route to save his life in Minny, don't think he could in Oakland either. The pats are the MOST demanding team for crisp routes IMO. So something is up there. Patterson has been basically a gadget or return guy up til now, going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

The fact Patterson hasn't been cut is what intrigues me most. He couldn't run a route to save his life in Minny, don't think he could in Oakland either. The pats are the MOST demanding team for crisp routes IMO. So something is up there. Patterson has been basically a gadget or return guy up til now, going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think that's all bull shlt. Tyreek Hill isn't a superb route runner, yet he puts up great numbers. Dont need him to run a precise route. Nothing in the NFL says that if you play the WR position you need to be a super route runner. It's so dumb how people use that as an excuse.

Well we could have just handed him the ball 7 times a game and gave him a few simple routes to get the ball in his hands in space, but then we remember he has a WR next to his name which means he has to be a super route runner... Makes no sense

I think that's all bull shlt. Tyreek Hill isn't a superb route runner, yet he puts up great numbers. Dont need him to run a precise route. Nothing in the NFL says that if you play the WR position you need to be a super route runner. It's so dumb how people use that as an excuse.

Well we could have just handed him the ball 7 times a game and gave him a few simple routes to get the ball in his hands in space, but then we remember he has a WR next to his name which means he has to be a super route runner... Makes no sense

Oh the Minnesota version of Patterson was as much about Zimmer and his OCs demanding crisp routes and refusing to design plays for him than him not having the talent. He's not a burner like Tyreek but he has the same vision in terms of seeing seams before they're there with the ball in his hands. As long as Belichek is willing to scheme around his shirt comings, which he's obviously going to as Patterson is still on the roster, I think there's a lot of potential. Especially first few weeks with Edelman out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Burkhead both in backfield with Brady in shotgun a couple times a game.

Oh the Minnesota version of Patterson was as much about Zimmer and his OCs demanding crisp routes and refusing to design plays for him than him not having the talent. He's not a burner like Tyreek but he has the same vision in terms of seeing seams before they're there with the ball in his hands. As long as Belichek is willing to scheme around his shirt comings, which he's obviously going to as Patterson is still on the roster, I think there's a lot of potential. Especially first few weeks with Edelman out.

For his size he is still very fast at 4.42

Alfred Morris. Almo isnt flashy, but hes got excellent vision & hes extremely patient -- two key attributes for a RB in a zone blocking scheme. Youll never see him dance, tap or spin -- hes a one cut, north/south runner -- whos gonna plant & get up the field. Theres no wasted motion whatsoever.

Im a fan of Breida but dont think hes built to carry the ball 15-20/per game. Hell see the majority of the passing work so he should have flex value in ppr leagues. Almos gonna get 15-20+ carries per game, including the GL work, on a potentially potent offense. I see a solid RB2 here my friends.

Answer...Tre'Quon Smith and Kalen Ballage

Patterson is intriguing but his usage will be like playing the Powerball

He's on waivers?