Sign in to follow this  
astros3434

Who is your late round upside RB?

Mine is P Barber of TB. He closed 2017 averaging 18 touches in last 5 games and has looked good in the preseason. Picked him up late in all 3 drafts. Who is your pick?

I like Barber a lot. I couldn’t get him, but I tried.

My bottom guys were CROW and Chris THOMPSON.

Starting RBs are your late round or bottom guys?

Your leagues are way too shallow for me personally.

Since the cuffs of studs (J.Kelly, R.Smith, C.Edmonds, A.Ekeler, L.Murray) are too obvious...

...I'll go with 3rd stringer Roc Thomas, Min.

Two months ago my answer was Jordan Wilkins but everyone and their grandmother knows that one now.

DOnta Foreman is on all my teams this year, chilling in the IR spot while hes on PUP. May just be a Dede Westbrook situation, but I liked what I saw from him last year and hes free.

Non ppr Barber and C Anderson.

If my draft was tomorrow...Le'veon Bell

In all seriousness, Barber and Thompson do come to mind, (like the the others above had said)

Would Mack be considered a late round sleeper? Not sure

I got Ty Montgomery almost at the very end of my PPR draft and why not?

My hope is that they shift him to the 3rd down/change of pace back to keep him fresh. Clearly he cannot handle a full workload but if he secures 3rd down work with A-Rod, why not?

He was being drafted in the 2nd-3rd round in all leagues just last year.

• Like 2

All 3 of my leagues are 10 team. Mack and Clement went undrafted in 2 of them. I really like Clement a lot, but I just think it will be too hard to predict who will have the big game....unless there is an injury. I think Clement is the better all-round/dynamic option they have though.....probably a year away. I also saw Foreman showing promise before getting hurt, and I think later in the year he could be the one to own over Miller. Thompson went earlier than Barber in all of my drafts.

Agree with Clement.

Look who’s ahead of him.

Dion Lewis is someone I like a lot.

yeah, mariotas check downs are a certainty. clement too

• Like 1

yeah, mariotas check downs are a certainty. clement too

Totally agree. That's my thinking too.

I think that people are selling Gio Bernard short. He'll be flexible many weeks and a RB1 if Mixon goes down.

ICEMAN

Not sure if this is late. But Breida. A guy took Morris over him in my draft Monday. I took Breida a round later.

Bilal Powell is basically free in drafts and he only has to compete with Crowell for touches right now. Crow is switching teams and coming from a place where he won ONE game in the last two years. There is no telling where his mind is at or if he is truly ready to work AND beat someone who is trying to compete with him. And if the Jets manage to be even slightly less horrible than they were last year, there's worst stashes to have on a bench.

Yeah Powell is a good pick.

My league is only 10 teams this year, and I got J Williams of the Packers as my RB4. I feel pretty good about that.

My league is only 10 teams this year, and I got J Williams of the Packers as my RB4. I feel pretty good about that.

you may have got him as a 4 but he could end up as your 2 imo.

wilkins i took in the last round (15th) even when i wasn't sure about mack's injury being anything serious. not an uber talent but has 3 down ability. micheal and turbin i'm not worried about. can mack stay on the field? if luck is back to normal wilkens could be something. at least worth a buy and hold early on, obv with mack not playing.

I think Thompson is a late round steal if your league has PPR...AP is far from the same explosive RB we knew a few years ago, plus operating on 2-repaired knees and playing in his 30's....Expect plenty of 3rd down and long which would translate to Thompson playing a bigger role, possibly 12-15 touches......Interesting very late pick could be Samuels with the Steelers, talented all-purpose back with size & decent speed, with Bell's holdout till who knows when, Samuels will be a major part of the offense, even with Bell back, he is still a serviceable weapon with his receiving skills .....

Aaron Jones.

I drafted Jamaal and Aaron in a dynasty, and Aaron Jones is the better back. Jamaal is a plodder that will get most of what's blocked, but Aaron Jones will make plays that Jamaal won't.

A Jones can't stay healthy or pass block. If you can't protect Rogers then McCarthy won't put you out there no matter how good you run.

GB rbs are never reliable. It's always a frenzy to hope to land someone good. They never seem to pan out

Give me some pre-fatboy Lacy! lol

A Green was pretty good and reliable.

A Jones can't stay healthy or pass block. If you can't protect Rogers then McCarthy won't put you out there no matter how good you run.

Agree here. I think Jones has more natural skill to be dangerous. But pass blocking is the big issue.

GB really likes Williams and he has put in a lot of work to tey and get quicker through the hole. But he is a very good pass blocker and can catch fairly well fot a big back.

Take notice on a possible M Lynch {groin} injury, reported by the Raiders.....It would open the door for Doug Martin as a late pick or waiver add...Martin never played behind a O-Line as good as the Raiders who plan to rush heavy on offense...Gruden has praised Martin and could play into a split-carries even if Lynch is 100% and capable to be the featured back.....

I liked Clement before last night. The usage of Sproles over him was shocking to me. Unless Ajayi gets hurt I'm not liking the outlook so much.

I liked Clement before last night. The usage of Sproles over him was shocking to me. Unless Ajayi gets hurt I'm not liking the outlook so much.

Sproles is like death and taxes as long as teams roster him. He always makes plays and is part of the action.