Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

Chris hogan

What should we expect to see out of him the first weeks without Edelman available and how would his role/production be impacted once Julian returns.

Im all in on Hogan for the first 4 weeks of the season. Then Im all about finding a trade partner. His value will be sky high IMO.

I have not been keeping up with NE, but as a texans fan I'll say our secondary is a big question mark. Hogan should be fine.

Start him with glee

I got him on both of my leagues, got him last year and very happy till he got injured. I got high hopes for him this year, i think top 10-15 wr this yr for him is doable as long as hes healthy.

I've been reading the same thing, once Edelman returns Hogan will lose a lot of value so trade him.

There's one big flaw folks fail to factor in and that's Gronk and Edelman are injury risks themselves, especially Gronk.

Also we don't know for sure if we're getting the same explosive Edelman who's now 32 coming back from an ACL injury.

Some thoughts to factor in.

I own Hogan on one team, Edelman’s return helps him.

He will lose targets, but in a non ppr league all I want his some yards a tds.

Lot of hype for a guy who's been in the league 5 years with a career high of 41 receptions. He's set up this year, though, so we'll see.

Lot of hype for a guy who's been in the league 5 years with a career high of 41 receptions. He's set up this year, though, so we'll see.

I had him last year and he was a machine until he got hurt. He played through it all year, but he clearly wasn't himself.

Brady loved going to him in the RZ, so I would suggest he may have his best year ever.

Hogan seems to get nicked up here and there. I have Patterson in one league. I have a feeling he is relevant early on. A guy Brady can just drop the ball to and let run.

planning on him being an every week WR2 as long as he holds up. very high on him, loved watching him last year. definitely someone brady trusts...fits that welker mold.

Hogan has never caught more balls than he did last year.

I also expect some touchdown regression. I agree with the post about Patterson being used a little more.

Nine tds in twenty four games he’s played for the pats.

I like his changes of scoring even more tds with less available for Brady to throw to.

I think Hogan will be a monster in the first 4 weeks. Once Edelman is back he will be back to the normal Hogan we are used to. I would use him up first 2-3 weeks and then try to trade him. I dont think anyone will go for a trade knowing Edelman is back week 5 if you wait until the week of his return.

I imagine it will be difficult to trade Hogan for something satisfying in return. Everyone knows the score--Edelman comes back in week 5. Edelman has averaged 10 targets/game since becoming a full-time player on offense.

I also don't think you need to trade him. He's not going to turn into waiver fodder after week 4. Maybe he's a hit-and-miss top 30 guy instead of an automatic start, but a player seeing 6+ targets a week from Tom Brady is a pretty good asset during bye weeks.

I dont think Hogan is effected at all by Edelman. Hes gonna be solid wr2 all season if he can stay healthy

The only value youll get from hogan is if you trade him after a big game and well before week 5.

Cant expect much in return once Edelman is back.

You can't expect much from Edelman. An older small slot reciever coming off foot and knee injuries and a PED suspension.

I don't think Edelman is a negative for Hogan. Once he comes back he will be a possession receiver that plays close to the line and has a high risk of getting banged up.

Agree I don’t think Edelman will take away much from Hogan.

Sure some targets, but in a non ppr.

I don’t think so.

Hogan could possibly be a wr2 most of the season.

I don’t see any wr on the Pats that will take away Hogan’s ability to be the wr1 on the Pats.

You can't expect much from Edelman. An older small slot reciever coming off foot and knee injuries and a PED suspension.

I don't think Edelman is a negative for Hogan. Once he comes back he will be a possession receiver that plays close to the line and has a high risk of getting banged up.

It's not about what to expect from Edelman, but he should be 100% healthy. The more mouths to feed in New England, the less targets Hogan will see.

I also think we're overrating Hogan a bit on here. He's a solid WR but he's not burning too many #1 CBs either.

Don’t think we will se Edelman be the same player he once was.

Time catches up quickly to nfl player.

And Gronk also.

I think the only thing that can keep Hogan from possibly being a wr2 in ff is him staying on the field.

Pats players are always tough, but I feel pretty comfortable with Hogan this season.

Don’t think we will se Edelman be the same player he once was.

Time catches up quickly to nfl player.

And Gronk also.

I think the only thing that can keep Hogan from possibly being a wr2 in ff is him staying on the field.

Pats players are always tough, but I feel pretty comfortable with Hogan this season.

Agree on Hogan. I think I meant to mention his health issues but forgot to. It's why I love Patterson as a deep flyer this year. If Hogan gets hurt, who else is Brady going to throw to? Dorsett is just a body. He has no definable skill really. Reminds me of Agholor. Also, Gronk may see 13 targets a game.

I just don’t see Patterson as a dink and dunk high target player.

So I have a problem seeing how he would fit in, and of Hogan or when he gets hurt, do you see Brady going deep more offten with Patterson then with Hogan?

I just don’t see Patterson as a dink and dunk high target player.

So I have a problem seeing how he would fit in, and of Hogan or when he gets hurt, do you see Brady going deep more offten with Patterson then with Hogan?

I don't see Brady going deep much at all. He couldn't hit Cooks to save his life last year deep, even though he was open quite often. Patterson isn't going to be underneath doing what Edelman does, but just simple plays where Patterson gets the ball close to the LOS and is allowed to just do this thing. It's what teams should have been doing with him for his whole career. Belichik told Patterson on the phone, allegedly, that the Pats will make Patterson into the player he should have been.

Yeah I can see swing type passes just off the line, and then letting his talent take over.

One thing to note, is that Cooks did have his best avg yards per catch in his carrier last season.

Makes since.

He's my WR3....and I'm probably only looking to trade him if I have an injury to one of my top positions. I think he'll return nice value as a WR3 all year...probably a WR2 without Edelman there.

If I had him I would hope he blows up this week and then Id try to move him. Id find the owner with the weakest WRs and start making offers. Hogans value will never be higher.

Of course, hed have to have a great game, and odds are it wont be bad.

Hogan will disappoint if you need more than wr3 out of him. Struggles to get off press coverage and he will have the opposing teams best corner on him for the first 4 weeks. Stay away

Hogan will disappoint if you need more than wr3 out of him. Struggles to get off press coverage and he will have the opposing teams best corner on him for the first 4 weeks. Stay away

Nice hot take.

Yeah he really struggled with this last year. That's why he was a wr1 when healthy. Edlemans return is being over hyped on this board. Hes 32 coming off an acl tear and they play completely different roles. If Hogan is healthy he's a top 20 option.

Hogan as long as he stays healthy :headbanger: That's a Big IF

You didnt say IF in your first sentence.

• Like 1

Yeah, he's killing me in both leagues.

Flukey day. Brady has been throwing lazers...except to Hogan. Missed him several times. He was held on a double move that would have been a TD, and then Dorsett snagged a ball intended for him that might have scored.

Great buy low for anyone who doesn't own him.