Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Major hurricane Florence

The coast and central NC is going to be focked. Go north or south. Staying anywhere near a beach is a bad idea.

I bet Bohdi is there

How many hous can you generator run on 10 gal of gas? Go load up friend. Maybe your neighbor could benefit from some.

Just saying, since you are locked and loaded already.

I went to Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply Store, Wal Mart. Zero gas cans left. I filled mine up but thought Id stock up in case full Apocalypse happens (your post).

Oh well. Gas stations are starting to run out too. I normally laugh at all the people freaking out.

Maybe jokes on me this time. :unsure:

I went to Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply Store, Wal Mart. Zero gas cans left. I filled mine up but thought Id stock up in case full Apocalypse happens (your post).

Oh well. Gas stations are starting to run out too. I normally laugh at all the people freaking out.

Gas was gone yesterday in Wilmington.

Still some gas around places Im at right now. Gotta go to Fayetteville for orientation to a hospital today but after that Ill be coming back home and getting ready. Wife flies back in tomorrow so we will be leaving for the beach Thursday

Still some gas around places Im at right now. Gotta go to Fayetteville for orientation to a hospital today but after that Ill be coming back home and getting ready. Wife flies back in tomorrow so we will be leaving for the beach Thursday

Hopefully, you can find $45 worth.

Just saw where sharks were being picked up into the storm now

:doublethumbsup:

Honestly whats going to make this storm worse is the fact that the focker is going to stall and sit over the Carolinas. Thats whats going to suck. So much water is going to be dumped its ridiculous.

It looks like you are mostly out of the path, you are forecasted for 8" of rain it looks like which I have to assume is not incredibly rare for myrtle beach area. If I was in North Carolina I would be crapping my pants.

Yea Im actually in NC. Just going to MB cause wife is working there. Looks like itll be the safer place to be

It looks like you are mostly out of the path, you are forecasted for 8" of rain it looks like which I have to assume is not incredibly rare for myrtle beach area. If I was in North Carolina I would be crapping my pants.

Not just rain, storm surges are what does the most damage a la Houston. Myrtle could be looking at a 15'+ surge. For example, Charleston during Hugo was only 12' of surge and suffered catastrophe.

Theres a massive oak tree in my back yard, within striking distance to my house. When I get home from work were going to have a polite discussion. Just me and Ole Oak. We need to come to an understanding.

Theres a massive oak tree in my back yard, within striking distance to my house. When I get home from work were going to have a polite discussion. Just me and Ole Oak. We need to come to an understanding.

Wood

• Like 1

"This is going to hurt me a lot more than you."

Good luck.

I know people who weren't properly prepared in similar situation.

Keep stockpiling anything you think you or anyone could use. Order the dumpster now!

Little tip: put stuff you dont want messed up in your dishwasher and lock it. Its waterproof so itll keep some of your stuff safe

:lightbulb:

Amazon has two day shipping.

That shiot will be here Thursday. Gimmie ma gas can!@&$!

1. Move stuff into the attic.

2. Do not go into the attic if water starts coming into your house, you do not want to be trapped there.

3. Fill your bathtubs with water ahead of time. You can use this water to flush your toilet if you lose water.

4. Do not trust that your neighbors have accurate information. The biggest source of misinformation that I received during Harvey was from my neighbors.

5. Try to find if you have any friends in high ground, where will you go if they make you evacuate, etc.

• Like 1

Little tip: put stuff you dont want messed up in your dishwasher and lock it. Its waterproof so itll keep some of your stuff safe

That's a great idea too!

Make a hotel reservation somewhere inland for the next week or two NOW!

That's a great idea too!

Ive survived quite a bit of hurricanes already. I know this song and dance all too well. Another big problem is after its over is people trying to go and see all the destruction only to get stranded cause they try to take their car through too high of water

1. Move stuff into the attic.

2. Do not go into the attic if water starts coming into your house, you do not want to be trapped there.

3. Fill your bathtubs with water ahead of time. You can use this water to flush your toilet if you lose water.

4. Do not trust that your neighbors have accurate information. The biggest source of misinformation that I received during Harvey was from my neighbors.

5. Try to find if you have any friends in high ground, where will you go if they make you evacuate, etc.

Find a multi level parking garage and get your car up in there ASAP. It may be too late.

I have Funchess in two leagues. Will this affect my fake football team?

• Like 1

Found this bad boy at Northern Tool today.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200430883_200430883

Gas Siphon Pump with Hose. 15 bucks.

I'm gong full Zombie Apocalypse mode. Told my wife to put on Instagram to all our neighbors "Remember to fill your cars up with gas!" I'm not running out of gas for my generator. Don't make me go stealth mode at 4am with my siphon around the neighborhood. :ninja:

• Like 1

Found this bad boy at Northern Tool today.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200430883_200430883

Gas Siphon Pump with Hose. 15 bucks.

I'm gong full Zombie Apocalypse mode. Told my wife to put on Instagram to all our neighbors "Remember to fill your cars up with gas!" I'm not running out of gas for my generator. Don't make me go stealth mode at 4am with my siphon around the neighborhood. :ninja:

They work. Clean water is another big deal. Cleaning supplies will be scarce soon too. If you can store any of this stuff "safely" I suggest doing so.

Don't waste any of your phone's charge posting here. :banana:

:first:

Don't waste any of your phone's charge posting here. :banana:

My in laws are coming to stay from the coast. Unfortunately for you guys Im going to lock myself in the upstairs bathroom with a sixer posting here.