Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Nike sales up

There's another Factor. We're in a pretty military town. Something like nine military bases + Cheyenne Mountain + the Air Force Academy.

at least one of the stores and I'm guessing probably more than that had a huge 50% off sale to dump all of their inventory of Nike products.

so between that kind of thing and just a standard publicity bump, I'm not too impressed. Show me the sales next month or for 4th quarter compared to last year and then we'll talk.

Sorry but back to school time happened in early August here in the South.

Um..its back to school time...not Kap.

Nice try nike.

So when Adidas and Puma stock fell at the same time...that was Kaep too?

Sorry but back to school time happened in early August here in the South.

Like kids go to school in the south. One of the few things I agree with the president on. Bunch of dumb rednecks.

Personally...I dont care either way. I dont by nike because they arent comfortable...im at the dr scholls age

I will admit that the move was pretty smart in all the free press they got. 31% in 3 days is a good surge, we'll see the numbers in a week.

Personally...I dont care either way. I dont by nike because they arent comfortable...im at the dr scholls age

Dr.Scholl's makes foot products. Right? And he's a doctor... which means he went to school for a long time. But it doesn't take alot to figure out that stepping on a cushion will be more comfortable. That dude wasted lots of time at school. 'Cause I woulda bought that from a Mr.Scholl. Maybe even a senior Scholl.

Um..its back to school time...not Kap.

Nice try nike.

Nike sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday over the Labor Day holiday this year compared with the previous year

So I guess it was back to school time this year, but not last year?

• Like 1

Nike sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday over the Labor Day holiday this year compared with the previous year

I'd like to see previous years. In addition I think the study only included online sales. Which grow every year

So people are shooting their wad over online sales growing from a Sunday to a Tuesday?

What kind of focked up metric is that?

Talk about juking the stats.

How did brick and mortar sales go?

Who the fock buys $100-$200 shoes off the internet.

A bunch of soy boys and soccer mom's ordered Nike t-shirts and yoga pants online, meanwhile Nike stock lost a few billion in value.

This story/talking point is almost as retarded as Dems thinking that losing by 5% rather than 10% is a win.

I should clarify, since cbfalcon conveniently left it out of his post, the 31% increase is for ONLINE sales.

Most trollbots quoting this on soscial media and forums are leaving out the ONLINE part of the statement

I should clarify, since cbfalcon conveniently left it out of his post, the 31% increase is for ONLINE sales.

Most trollbots quoting this on soscial media and forums are leave out the ONLINE part of the state

Yes, online. All I was doing was shooting down the OPs claim that sales jumped only because it was back to school weekend. And I did that successfully. Hugely successfully.

• Like 1

Most trollbots quoting this on soscial media and forums are leaving out the ONLINE part of the statement

Who the fock buys stuff at brick and mortar anymore?

Do you still ride your horse to work and take a dump in the office outhouse?

• Like 1

So people are shooting their wad over online sales growing from a Sunday to a Tuesday?

What kind of focked up metric is that?

Talk about juking the stats.

How did brick and mortar sales go?

Who the fock buys $100-$200 shoes off the internet.

A bunch of soy boys and soccer mom's ordered Nike t-shirts and yoga pants online, meanwhile Nike stock lost a few billion in value.

This story/talking point is almost as retarded as Dems thinking that losing by 5% rather than 10% is a win.

Agreed the stats seem very cherry picked. Like I said I would like to see the past 5 years sales.

Agreed the stats seem very cherry picked. Like I said I would like to see the past 5 years sales.

Im sure you can find that info. Probably not on the internet though. Nobody uses that. Maybe go to the library, and pull up some archives.

• Like 1

This is disappointing news no matter how we spin it.

Yes, online. All I was doing was shooting down the OPs claim that sales jumped only because it was back to school weekend. And I did that successfully. Hugely successfully.

No you werent. But nice save though.

Nike direct online sales account for roughly 30% of total direct sales. Thats a substantial chunk, but nowhere near as much as their brick and mortar sales.

So this is not an a report of their total sales for the period in question. Their brick and mortar stores were likely down compared to last year. Otherwise, they would have included those numbers in the report.

Nike direct to consumer sales of all types accounts for only about 25% of total revenues as worldwide wholesale sales make up the remaining 75%.

To get an accurate picture of consumer sentiment regarding Nike for the time period in question, youd need to report all retail sales figures from all distribution channels. That information is out there, but not real easy to access and assemble at the drop of a hat.

No you werent. But nice save though.

I literally posted the stat and referenced back to school weekend. The point I was making is not even debatable, unless going forward we are going to disallow reading peoples words when determining the words they type.

• Like 1

Nike direct online sales account for roughly 30% of total direct sales. Thats a substantial chunk, but nowhere near as much as their brick and mortar sales.

So this is not an a report of their total sales for the period in question. Their brick and mortar stores were likely down compared to last year. Otherwise, they would have included those numbers in the report.

Nike direct to consumer sales of all types accounts for only about 25% of total revenues as worldwide wholesale sales make up the remaining 75%.

To get an accurate picture of consumer sentiment regarding Nike for the time period in question, youd need to report all retail sales figures from all distribution channels. That information is out there, but not real easy to access and assemble at the drop of a hat.

I read that they simply dont have accurate numbers on brick and mortar sales yet. It takes longer to gather and compile all of those, compared to online sales. But like you infer, we will obviously get those numbers at some point, as one side of the debate or the other is going to be excited to report them.

I read that they simply dont have accurate numbers on brick and mortar sales yet. It takes longer to gather and compile all of those, compared to online sales. But like you infer, we will obviously get those numbers at some point, as one side of the debate or the other is going to be excited to report them.

Direct to consumer brick and mortar sales from Nike owned retail stores were easily accessible at any time day or night for any category I wanted to see back in the mid-late nineties.

I was able to see up to the minute sales results for every store in the company on any computer in the store.

I have to assume their systems are far more advanced now.

I also have to assume that if their same store sales were better than last year, they would have already told us so.

Reporting that online sales were up vs last year for that time period is akin to stating that Niketown NYC sales were up vs last year for that same time period.

It doesnt even present half the picture as there are several other Niketown stores and hundreds of Nike Outlet stores.

Dr.Scholl's makes foot products. Right? And he's a doctor... which means he went to school for a long time. But it doesn't take alot to figure out that stepping on a cushion will be more comfortable. That dude wasted lots of time at school. 'Cause I woulda bought that ###### from a Mr.Scholl. Maybe even a senior Scholl.

That bit feels stolen

That bit feels stolen

I write jokes for a living, man. See I sit in my hotel at night, I think of something that's funny and then I go get a pen and I write it down. Or if the pen's too far away, I have to convince myself that what I thought of ain't funny.

Who the fock buys stuff at brick and mortar anymore?

Do you still ride your horse to work and take a dump in the office outhouse?

I usually prefer brick and mortar. I can see and compare products right there, and I actually get it right then, instead of days later.

More fake stats: Nike stock soaring today. up to 82.02.

That is because Tiger is back. :lol: :lol:

Not at the GC they aren’t. Drobeski won’t even drive down a street that someone in Nike’s has ever walked on now.

Not at the GC they aren’t. Drobeski won’t even drive down a street that someone in Nike’s has ever walked on now.

No joke man, this cr@p is bad for my health. I was at the gym yesterday and for the first time I noticed all the Nike apparel, when before I never gave two sh*ts and didn't care. Now it's a microaggression. I just seethe. I know nobody in China has heard about or gives a sh*t about Colon Kaepernick, but that checkmark triggers me nonetheless. I hope I get over it.

No joke man, this cr@p is bad for my health. I was at the gym yesterday and for the first time I noticed all the Nike apparel, when before I never gave two sh*ts and didn't care. Now it's a microaggression. I just seethe. I know nobody in China has heard about or gives a sh*t about Colon Kaepernick, but that checkmark triggers me nonetheless. I hope I get over it.

None of it is authentic, so don't sweat it. Nike isn't making a dime.

A simple ploy by Nike to deflect from their own human rights violations. It will work too because the left is deranged.

None of it is authentic, so don't sweat it. Nike isn't making a dime.

Thanks for cheering me up.

What'd really help is if their sales plummet. What really grates me is they bet on monetizing anti-American resentment and as the online numbers show, it seems to be paying off for them. The stock dipped then the SJWs rallied and it recovered. Fock, I hate all these people.

Thanks for cheering me up.

What'd really help is if their sales plummet. What really grates me is they bet on monetizing anti-American resentment and as the online numbers show, it seems to be paying off for them. The stock dipped then the SJWs rallied and it recovered. Fock, I hate all these people.

Sometimes companies buy their own stock. Just sayin.

Sometimes companies buy their own stock. Just sayin.

I think of all my favorite athletes over the years... I couldn't tell you any of the products they endorsed. Isiah Thomas made public service electrical safety commercials for Detroit Edison. That's about it. There's this Chinese actress, Angelababy who I have a bit of a crush on. She was in Independence Day II which flopped, I may be the only Geek to admit to seeing it, she does plenty of product endorsements, I see her face everywhere, and yet I couldn't tell you a single prodcuct she advertises for.

I don't care.

I will never forgive/forget what Nike has done. Never,

I think of all my favorite athletes over the years... I couldn't tell you any of the products they endorsed. Isiah Thomas made public service electrical safety commercials for Detroit Edison. That's about it. There's this Chinese actress, Angelababy who I have a bit of a crush on. She was in Independence Day II which flopped, I may be the only Geek to admit to seeing it, she does plenty of product endorsements, I see her face everywhere, and yet I couldn't tell you a single prodcuct she advertises for.

I don't care.

Oh I'm done with them as well, as is my wife and most people I know. My kids won't be wearing them either and I look forward to explaining why. But I would bet that Nike bought a chunk of their own stock when it started falling. And anyone who believes their sales stats a week after this story began is an idiot.

I don't care.

What they have done? They made a commercial with kaepernick in it, thats it. This is the pinnacle of fake outrage.
  • Like 1