Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Nike sales up

Dont forget to burn your Chucks and Hurley gear, too.

I'm not burning. Just won't be buying anymore.

What they have done? They made a commercial with kaepernick in it, thats it. This is the pinnacle of fake outrage.

No outrage. Just won't do it. Lots of other choices.

What they have done? They made a commercial with kaepernick in it, thats it. This is the pinnacle of fake outrage.

How about you fock off, please?

I thought boycotts were for pvssies. :unsure:

I thought we all stood for our country despite our differences.

I thought we all stood for our country despite our differences.

The fact that you equate this with not standing for our country, tells me everything I need to know.

And yes, I do understand your position, and I can respect that you feel that way. Would be nice to see the same in return.

The fact that you equate this with not standing for our country, tells me everything I need to know.

And yes, I do understand your position, and I can respect that you feel that way. Would be nice to see the same in return.

But I don't respect a person who uses the national anthem or the flag to make their point. There are other methods. And I won't buy a product that is made by a company that endorses it. Plus the slave labor issue always bothered me.

Like I said, the very tip top pinnacle of fake outrage and overreaction. The GC is ground zero for the stuff.

• Like 1

Like I said, the very tip top pinnacle of fake outrage and overreaction. The GC is ground zero for the stuff.

You're the one coming across as outraged

But I don't respect a person who uses the national anthem or the flag to make their point. There are other methods. And I won't buy a product that is made by a company that endorses it. Plus the slave labor issue always bothered me.

I guess that’s your prerogative. :thumbsup:

I happen to think what makes our country so great, is that people have the freedom to express themselves. People might not like it, but at least they can.

• Like 2

I guess thats your prerogative. :thumbsup:

I happen to think what makes our country so great, is that people have the freedom to express themselves. People might not like it, but at least they can.

Of course. But we can all stfu for 60 seconds and stand in unison. Then they can go about airing their grievances all they want. And if they're right they would most likely have public sentiment behind them. Not only is Kaepernick and his ilk disrespectful, their gripe has no validity. Maybe in a case here or there, but police unjustifiably shooting unarmed black men just isn't the epedemic they would like you to think it is. And CK found his SJW voice only when he lost his job and was about to become irrelevant. No unarmed black men were shot by police when he was the starting QB?

Of course. But we can all stfu for 60 seconds and stand in unison. Then they can go about airing their grievances all they want. And if they're right they would most likely have public sentiment behind them. Not only is Kaepernick and his ilk disrespectful, their gripe has no validity. Maybe in a case here or there, but police unjustifiably shooting unarmed black men just isn't the epedemic they would like you to think it is. And CK found his SJW voice only when he lost his job and was about to become irrelevant. No unarmed black men were shot by police when he was the starting QB?

:thumbsup:

Its not the time or place. And if they want to make it the time or place, they should be prepared to face the repercussions from their employers.

Spot on.

The fake outrage is pretty thick in this thread. Not Volty - he is legitimately outraged. The rest voted for a draft dodger who craps on POWs. They dont care about that but they care about a guy kneeling before their foosball game.

Trump said negative things about POW's? I thought it was just MCCain? He should not have said what he did, but you have to overlook it when his opposition is Hillary. She once called NYC cops murderers. Just as bad, maybe worse.

:thumbsup:

Perfectly stated. There is an epidemic, more than one, but those can't be sourced to evil white people.

Hard to dispute this.

SOONER or later you sissies will finally realize not that many people care about the kneeling thing......It just isn't a big impact on many people's lives.

I know you WANT it to be true..but it just ain't true

• Like 1

I will never forgive/forget what Nike has done. Never,

Pffft.

I hated Nike long ago. Pretty much at the exact moment Spike Lee started doing commercials for these guys. I fuccking hate Spike Lee with a white-hot passion of a thousand suns.

I thought boycotts were for pvssies. :unsure:

Boycott is sexist.😠

Then again, Cuuntcot sounds like a brand of panty.

SOONER or later you sissies will finally realize not that many people care about the kneeling thing......It just isn't a big impact on many people's lives.

I support the right of people to oppose it just as much as I support the right of those to actually perform the kneeling.

I can support their right to do it, and at the same time turn the channel as my response to the lie it propagates and the actual target being veterans, regardless of what they believe their target might be

• Like 1

I support the right of people to oppose it just as much as I support the right of those to actually perform the kneeling.

I can support their right to do it, and at the same time turn the channel as my response to the lie it propagates and the actual target being veterans, regardless of what they believe their target might be

I totally agree...I think many of the points in this debate are valid. 1) People can protest whatever the fock they want--thats what America is about 2) People can be pissed that people are protesting 3) people can decide for themselves what others are protesting...even if those don't think they are protesting what the person thinks..

I am just saying, this bored, especially, seems to think soooooo many people give a hoot about the kneeling thing....And my contention is they don't. My only point.

• Like 1

I totally agree...I think many of the points in this debate are valid. 1) People can protest whatever the fock they want--thats what America is about 2) People can be pissed that people are protesting 3) people can decide for themselves what others are protesting...even if those don't think they are protesting what the person thinks..

I am just saying, this bored, especially, seems to think soooooo many people give a hoot about the kneeling thing....And my contention is they don't. My only point.

I think its just overly emotional responses, but typifies your average person in general. Being philosophically honest is not the norm, it is the exception.

Sooner or later you will realize that even a 10% drop in sales or viewership means the loss of a lot of money.

Nike stocks fully recovered. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406049-nike-stock-fully-bounce-back-after-kaepernick-ad

Nike stock soaring even past the pre-Kap news.. at 83.20 today.

Any word if Nike bought any of that stock? Just wondering. You can't really asses it without knowing that.

Any word if Nike bought any of that stock? Just wondering. You can't really asses it without knowing that.

I'm not sure, all companies do it.. Prolly not a bad idea to have bought some when down.

I'm not sure if they bought all the merchandise that jumped online sales up 31% either.

I'm not sure, all companies do it.. Prolly not a bad idea to have bought some when down.

I'm not sure if they bought all the merchandise that jumped online sales up 31% either.

I'm not sure either. But I'm sure I wouldn't be as accepting of their stats as you are. Call me jaded.

You wont get a true sense of their sales until their next quarterly earnings report.

I'm not sure either. But I'm sure I wouldn't be as accepting of their stats as you are. Call me jaded.

I'm posting a news story - not offering commentary nor opinion.

They announced plans to buy back $15B in shares a few months ago. Not sure when those purchases were executed or if they have been.

From June 29, 2018

The company on Thursday announced plans for $15 billion in share repurchases. Chief Financial Officer Andy Campion updated the company's guidance for the year ahead, predicting revenue growth in the high-single-digit range, compared with previous guidance of mid-to-high single-digit range.

I dont think many people went out and specifically bought Nike because of the commercial.

I also dont think people who were planning on buying shoes this week, didnt buy Nike because of the commercial.

Its really too early to even know, as people dont buy new shoes every week. Its a once or twice a year thing.

I think they will take a slight hit in the short term, but people have very short memories. At the end of the day, if I like how a pair of Nikes looks and feels more than an equally priced pair of Adidas, Im going to get Nikes (or visa versa). Im not going to buy an inferior product, just to make some sort of statement.

They announced plans to buy back $15B in shares a few months ago. Not sure when those purchases were executed or if they have been.

From June 29, 2018

The company on Thursday announced plans for $15 billion in share repurchases. Chief Financial Officer Andy Campion updated the company's guidance for the year ahead, predicting revenue growth in the high-single-digit range, compared with previous guidance of mid-to-high single-digit range.

Well, they just do it. It's a matter of knowing when they did it.

Nike runs an ad with a controversial figure in it to generate buzz. It works, sales and buzz through the roof. GC doesn’t like it so they say sales up is just a conspiracy and fake news lol. We have a guy who is legit tilted over this and isn’t even an American, he lives in China and has no plans to return. Should be concerned with his emperor or whatever. Gets better every day.

• Like 1

Nike runs an ad with a controversial figure in it to generate buzz. It works, sales and buzz through the roof. GC doesnt like it so they say sales up is just a conspiracy and fake news lol. We have a guy who is legit tilted over this and isnt even an American, he lives in China and has no plans to return. Should be concerned with his emperor or whatever. Gets better every day.

Nike buys stock back. Companies fudge numbers in their favor. No tin foil hat required to point that out. It's speculation based on reason.

Sooner or later you will realize that even a 10% drop in sales or viewership means the loss of a lot of money.

It does?

It does?

It doesn't when you're talking about billions in revenue?