Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Just got some percoset!

To go with my 8mm kidney stones

:cry:

Pisses me off because all I drink is water and occasional unsweet tea..like 2-3 a week.

I spent all of last night in agony. It started in my right nut...omg...I thought it was testicular tortion. The Er was packed...pain all the way up my back.

Finally got a shot of toridol.

Some hottie ultrasounded my yambag..but I was to out of it to enjoy it. Ct showed a bunch of kidney stones..couple of 8mm and a fishtank full of small ones.

Got a rx for flowmax...and hope for the best.

Have your wife/GF stick her pinky finger in your arse, you will feel much better.

Yikes....no fun!!! .....get well soon! :thumbsup:

Now we know what the Soup of the Day is..........

Split Pee

when my back kicks in, percs and flexoril are my best friends

Pisses me off because all I drink is water and occasional unsweet tea..like 2-3 a week.

Penny might be able to me out here but I believe there are two major kinds of kidney stones, and one isn't as diet related as the other. They can give you a filter for capturing one/some and figure out which you have.

Hope things go as comfortable as possible.

Dang bro. Ive only dealt with stones less than 5mm. Also, if your in the "stone belt" its theorized that hard water promotes stones. Also, tea has oxolates, which is bad if you produce oxolate stones.

Penny might be able to me out here but I believe there are two major kinds of kidney stones, and one isn't as diet related as the other. They can give you a filter for capturing one/some and figure out which you have.

Hope things go as comfortable as possible.

The majority stones are calcium based - phosphate or oxalate. Others are due to uric acid or rarely, cystine. He should definitely strain his urine and submit a stone for analysis.

Many respond to dietary changes, though keeping hydrated is probably the most important factor. I already talked about the diet stuff in another thread:

Regardless of the underlying etiology and drug treatment of the stone disease, patients should be instructed to increase their water intake in order to maintain a urine output of at least 2 liter per day [49]. A simple and most important lifestyle change to prevent stone disease is to drink more water/liquids. Enough fluid intake reduces urinary saturation and dilutes promoters of CaOx crystallization. Dietary recommendations should be adjusted based on individual metabolic abnormalities. For absorptive hyperoxaluria, low oxalate diet and increased dietary calcium intake are recommended [61].

A high sodium intake boosts stone risk by reducing renal tubular calcium reabsorption and increasing urinary calcium [105]. Restriction of animal proteins is also encouraged since animal proteins provide an increased acid load because of its high content of sulfur-containing amino acids. Thus, high protein intake reduces urine pH and the level of citrate and enhances urinary calcium excretion via bone reabsorption. Therefore, if you have very acidic urine, you may need to eat less meat, fish, and poultry and avoid food with vitamin D [106]. Instead, an increase intake of fruits and vegetables rich in potassium is recommended [49].

People who form calcium stones used to be told to avoid dairy products and other foods with high calcium content. However, persons with a tendency of kidney stone formation should not be advised to restrict calcium intake unless it has been known that he/she has an excessive use of calcium [107]. A reduced intake of calcium leads to an increased intestinal absorption of oxalate, which itself may account for an increased risk of stone formation. Calcium supplements may reduce oxalate absorption because the calcium binds dietary oxalate in the gut lumen. However, the benefit of taking calcium pills is controversial. Vitamin C has been implicated in stone formation because of in vivo conversion of ascorbic acid to oxalate. Therefore, a limitation of vitamin C supplementation is recommended

So keep well hydrated, limit salt and animal protein intake, and avoid high oxalate foods (nuts, spinach, beets), if the stones turns out to be calcium oxalate.

I can't remember, Cloaca, are one of the guys on a very low carbohydrate (ketogenic) diet?

I never knew he said Percocet

I am dealing with kidney stones too. Showed up in my health check for my chink visa back in may.

Had it check out while I was in the phils. He said it was very very small, just a couple of mm. Gave me some drug that makes my pee more acidic, in hopes it would dissolve, and another that is a diuretic. Supposed to take for three months.

So now I p!ss constantly, which is fun at night. Hopefully this takes care of it though.

I am dealing with kidney stones too. Showed up in my health check for my chink visa back in may.

Had it check out while I was in the phils. He said it was very very small, just a couple of mm. Gave me some drug that makes my pee more acidic, in hopes it would dissolve, and another that is a diuretic. Supposed to take for three months.

So now I p!ss constantly, which is fun at night. Hopefully this takes care of it though.

Those pills may help, but you'd also probably benefit from making some changes in your fluid intake and diet.

Dude man, I'm so sorry. Sounds awful.

College buddy of mine passed one that was so big that the tip of his diick opened up like a blooming onion.

And stayed that way.

Imagine a toothless Predator yawning.

Permanently.

The majority stones are calcium based - phosphate or oxalate. Others are due to uric acid or rarely, cystine. He should definitely strain his urine and submit a stone for analysis.

Many respond to dietary changes, though keeping hydrated is probably the most important factor. I already talked about the diet stuff in another thread:

So keep well hydrated, limit salt and animal protein intake, and avoid high oxalate foods (nuts, spinach, beets), if the stones turns out to be calcium oxalate.

I can't remember, Cloaca, are one of the guys on a very low carbohydrate (ketogenic) diet?

No keto here.

Dude man, I'm so sorry. Sounds awful.

College buddy of mine passed one that was so big that the tip of his diick opened up like a blooming onion.

And stayed that way.

Imagine a toothless Predator yawning.

Permanently.

Heard this happens quite a bit. T's and P's

Those pills may help, but you'd also probably benefit from making some changes in your fluid intake and diet.

Yeah. I need to hydrate better. Its hard seeing as how I sweat like a wh0re in Church all damn day.

I wish I liked vegatables better. I just dont like em hardly at all. Should work on that.

Did you pass any yet? Are they being sent for stone analysis?

I asked my urologist (referral) about catching one or 2. They said no reason to. They will do a contrast ct that will tell them what they are. If I dont pass them in 3 weeks...going to do the litho blast em thing.

when my back kicks in, percs and flexoril are my best friends

Not a fan of pain meds but muscle relaxers are the shiot.

Weird you should post this. I believe my gf is passing a small one.

Maybe they're playing catch. :dunno:

Do you drink soft water? My dad use to get kidney stones sorta often when I was younger, he got a water softer for the house back in the 90s and hasnt had one since.

I asked my urologist (referral) about catching one or 2. They said no reason to. They will do a contrast ct that will tell them what they are. If I dont pass them in 3 weeks...going to do the litho blast em thing.

Interesting, I did not know that. Looks like some of the newer CTs can differentiate the two main types of calcium stones (older scans can't). Seems like a high tech (expensive) solution relative to catching and sending the stone to the lab. Not to mention the unnecessary radiation exposure. Typical of our healthcare system to favor a newer, more expensive test.

Yeah. I need to hydrate better. Its hard seeing as how I sweat like a wh0re in Church all damn day.

I wish I liked vegatables better. I just dont like em hardly at all. Should work on that.

As many vegetables as there are, this is a ridiculous statement. Its like someone saying they don't like Asian women.

Christ...home again with tons of pain. Pissin fine...no sign of the stone. This aching back sucks. Just freaking pass already. I cant work on percocet. Tylenol doesnt do much. Have puked twice...drinking tons of water.

Dammit..

Christ...home again with tons of pain. Pissin fine...no sign of the stone. This aching back sucks. Just freaking pass already. I cant work on percocet. Tylenol doesnt do much. Have puked twice...drinking tons of water.

Dammit..

Water doesn't help with current stones, just future stones. I am surprised they aren't taking proactive steps to address the big stones. 8mm is huge! Flowmax will help pass the stone. Toradol is an anti inflamitory...helps with pain...take it.

As people have said:

Drink lots of water (soft water)

Stop drinking coffee AND tea

Stop eating processed meats (nitrates & oxalates)

Stop sleeping with Asian chicks (not sure how this helps)

Interesting, I did not know that. Looks like some of the newer CTs can differentiate the two main types of calcium stones (older scans can't). Seems like a high tech (expensive) solution relative to catching and sending the stone to the lab. Not to mention the unnecessary radiation exposure. Typical of our healthcare system to favor a newer, more expensive test.

CTs for kidney stones are moronic and unsafe.

CTs for kidney stones are moronic and unsafe.

I didnt say that, but they are costly overkill. The ER always orders at least one, even though ultrasound can make the diagnosis without radiation exposure. But truth be told, you can usually diagnose stones based on a good history, exam and urinalysis - it wouldnt surprise me if the CT was ordered before his urine was even collected.

Cloacas case is a perfect example of the problems with our healthcare system. He got an ultrasound to exclude testicular torsion (an uncommon diagnosis in middle aged men), then a CT to diagnose stones, and his urologist has suggested a second, more high tech CT to tell what type of stone. Or he doesnt even care, because more kidney stones = more urologic procedures = more $$$. And he got two prescriptions, one for an addictive pain medication which may slow stone passage, and a second which has been shown NOT to alter the natural history of the disease. https://first10em.com/meltzer-2018/

But Cloaca cant be expected to know any better, and probably thinks he received excellent care. His insurance will pay the lions share of the egregiously overpriced, largely unnecessary work up, he doesnt feel any immediate effects from the unnecessary radiation, and hell continue to take medications which arent helping the situation, all leading up to a urologic procedure(s).

Meanwhile, TBB is probably getting more appropriate care in a developing world country, and we wonder why we spend ~18% of our GDP on healthcare.