Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

Trade question

Dynasty League or Redraft? I'm not sold on any RB doing very well in Detroit. Not this season anyway. If it's a Dynasty, the choice is easy. If it's redraft, I'd have to really pay attention to the 49'ers and what their intentions are with Morris. I don't own him, so I don't keep up with his news. That said, I don't think this is a cut and dried decision in redraft. If the Niners intend to use him at least 50% of the time, I'd take Morris. If they were both getting 50% of the carries with their respective teams, I'd take Morris in redraft this season. With news coming out that the Lions Veterans are disgruntled already, who knows how that offense is going to play out. Jim Bob doesn't like running the ball anyway.

Redraft...think I'm going to hold and wait till after this week. If Alf doesnt do anything against Detroit may be time to let go or I sell high if he goes off

Get the Johnson.

I'm still not sold this is a good deal. Kerryon will have some games where he's good, but so will Alf. I don't see the difference between the two, let alone the reason why people are jumping all over any Detroit RB. He may be the guy to set the running game straight, but in 2018? The Jets aren't a great front 7, yet looked like one against Detroit. Riddick is their 3rd down back and he's going to catch his passes, whether we like it or not.

I'd give it a week and see what happens. I have to think a different offensive coordinator in Detroit would make this an easy decision. Barring a change of that magnitude, I agree with the above comment; It's exchanging crap. Breida may get the higher percentage of the carries in San Fran, but he's just another injury issue waiting to happen and if someone had that role to themselves, their ceiling is going to be similar to that of Hyde's season last year; Not bad at all. What worries me most in Detroit is they seem to have the Patriot mentality already. Their rookie is clearly the best RB on the team, so why aren't they utilizing him from the get go?

If I were getting Kerryon, yes!

me too.

for the record, I'd trade Morris for a half eaten sandwich as well (which does not say much into what value I place on Morris)

Yeah, KJohnson got the team for $6. He decided to buy the team instead of going for the 2 for $6 deal at Burger King. :doh:

agree with oldtimer (and mobb). I'd wait but I do think long term either way Kerryon is the better option to have potential wise. WHEN either team falls out of contention for the playoffs, they're more likely to play their younger guys to see what they've got. That means Kerryon gets more attention in your playoffs.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=480243

agree with oldtimer (and mobb). I'd wait but I do think long term either way Kerryon is the better option to have potential wise. WHEN either team falls out of contention for the playoffs, they're more likely to play their younger guys to see what they've got. That means Kerryon gets more attention in your playoffs.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=480243

:thumbsup:

Detroit cant run the ball. Havent had a 1000 yard rusher since Reggie Bush in 2013. Before that it was Kevin Jones in 2004. Yes, only two 1000 yard backs in 15 years...

Kerryon will never be more than a flex/RB3 type back in DET. Morris is old and slow, but I believe he will outperform KJ this year.

signed,

Lions fan