Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Hurricane

If you live near the path of that hurricane Ill be praying for you tonight.

Ill be up for a little while praying for you and yours.

Ill be praying to the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to come to you.

God Bless.

• Like 1

Please be-be Jebus: maketh it not raineth 10 inches in Washington so i mayeth starteth Chris Johnson in my flexeth.

God Bless.

It's an a$$-kicker of a storm, that's for sure. A lot of people will need all the prayers they can get. And shelter, and food, and a few million hours of volunteer recovery efforts in the upcoming years.

It's an a$$-kicker of a storm, that's for sure. A lot of people will need all the prayers they can get. And shelter, and food, and a few million hours of volunteer recovery efforts in the upcoming years.

Absolutely.

It’s not going to be one and done, the damage and the lost and will linger for many years.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm about 100 miles off the NC coast.

Looks like my area won't get hit as bad as originally expected but I heard the same thing 2 years ago during Hurricane Matthew & 7 years ago during Hurricane Irene.

I'm about 100 miles off the NC coast.

Looks like my area won't get hit as bad as originally expected but I heard the same thing 2 years ago during Hurricane Matthew & 7 years ago during Hurricane Irene.

I did some work in the Summerton SC area after their flooding several years ago. Those people can't afford to get hit again, they barely survived then.

I did some work in the Summerton SC area after their flooding several years ago. Those people can't afford to get hit again, they barely survived then.

My fear is winds won't be terribly bad but the storm will sit on top of us and the rainfall will be substantial. If the ground is saturated badly, it doesn't take much wind go take trees, poles, etc down.

My fear is winds won't be terribly bad but the storm will sit on top of us and the rainfall will be substantial. If the ground is saturated badly, it doesn't take much wind go take trees, poles, etc down.

I think you're right. They're talking about measuring rain in feet from this storm. Houses sitting under water for days in places. That's a lot of work to be done later. Messy, not fun work.

Used to live in Charleston SC. Some of the streets flood there on a king tide with no rain. The problem for the coastal towns where this hits will be

1-Storm Surge

2-Rain, especially if the storm stalls out in any one location

3-Spawned Tornados

4-Widespread power failure.

The wind is well down on the list of issues from these things. It's what gives the weather channel their drama, but it's the storm surge and the flooding from the rain that does the damage. They are talking 8-12 feet of storm surge with this one.

God Bless.

That's not gonna help anyone. How about coming over and cutting my grass.

Who are these guys? :unsure:

That's one of the things that sux about hurricanes, it brings out all the rats and roaches.