Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Boom

I work in Andover. Good thing I got out of work at my usual time today or I might still be stuck on the highway. At first I thought there was an accident on 495 when I saw 3 or 4 helicopters. Then I saw and smelled smoke from multiple locations, and sirens everywhere.

There was one particular house they kept showing on the news. At first there was just a small fire at the front of the house, and over the course of 30 minutes or so, you could see it getting worse and worse until it was just fully engulfed by the time the fire dept was able to get to it. They had to prioritize the firefighting efforts, and this house just wasn't lucky enough.

Lawrence or Andover?

Scary stuff

Lawrence (south only), Andover, North Andover

6 hospitalized, 2 critical

There was one house that got leveled by an explosion, and the chimney crushed an SUV in the driveway. I can't imagine anyone surviving if they were home. The shock wave would blow your haid off.

My town is exploding in gas fires!!!

mine too!

True story, came home to my 77 year old landlord in basement spraying down a gas fire on my boiler with the garden hose she dragged through the window she smashed.

I was able to scramble and find an old set of pliers to shut off the gas off coming into the house.

She called the fire dept but they never showed. They were working 2 houses which were 4 houses away.

Crazy stuff.

I then helped the poor bastard gas company kid who was by himself shut off the services to most of the houses on the street.

The boiler is a dinosaur so no high pressure safety's.

If she took the hose of it became a flame thrower.

She only went down because she couldn't get her stove to light to make her tea.

Just saw where Maaak Wahlberg is already training with the Bawstahn Fire Department for yet another Michael Bay movie where he plays the hero from down home Blue Collar Daahchestah roots who overcomes adversity amidst giant explosions and oddly enough, Transformers.

One dead now. 18 year old kid. I think he was in the SUV in the driveway of that house that blew up.

Ain't THAT a wicked Pissah!

War zone here. FD's from all over MA & NH in town. Police from everywhere patrolling the town to prevent looting in areas that have been evacuated. Possible that they will kill power to the entire town.

With a heave and a ho
But I just couldn't tell her so, no no no

Any possibility this can be Trumps fault? He has pushed for more natural gas production

Any possibility this can be Trumps fault? He has pushed for more natural gas production

I think that is automatic right?

Theyre sure not talking about this much on the news.

Josh Wiley thinks it's an inside job by the Wahlberg brothers.

No gas for the foreseeable future. Our street isnt on the safe to return list but being the bad asses we are, we are here and ain't going nowhere.

No gas for the foreseeable future. Our street isnt on the safe to return list but being the bad asses we are, we are here and ain't going nowhere.

You in Lawrence Andover or NA?

And now, for the first time in dozens of years, somebody got attacked by a shark at Cape Cod.

I bet gronk gets hurt today too.