Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I took a 3 hour kayak ride yesterday

The water in the lake was like glass and it was so easy to get around i forgot how long I was out. Ended up landing a 3lb bass that actually drug me around a bit. Instead of reeling I just let him wear himself out by dragging me. Took the boy out with me for an hour or so of it. It was a great day. Might as well enjoy it. In 15 days it could be snowing.

I know. Rats ass. Fock off

That's great. Freshwater? I assume so. I was wanting to kayak. But if you kayak in the bayous of Houston. And yes, that's a thing. You have to dodge the dead bodies and the live alligators. And Judas, if you capsize? Your face will rot off from all the chemicals.

Yea. It is a local spring fed lake. No gators. No dead bodies. Just great fishing.

That sounds boring, why were you not in front of a TV instead.

:D

That sounds boring, why were you not in front of a TV instead.

right. So is sitting in the woods waiting for a deer to step out at 7am in 10 degree weather. Im a glutton for punishment. I feel like were going to lose that ability in the next generation of kids that would rather hunt and fish on their device. Than do it themselves

You coulda titled thread I Tortured a Bass for Three Hours Yesterday.

Also, kidding and a bit jealous as I was sitting in front of the TV.

Sounds awesome, I've been wanting to buy one for a couple years. :thumbsup:

Don't go and buy a 3 pound bass, it is more sporting to catch one yourself.

• Like 1

fresh water lakes are expensive.

I heard that here in Colorado, the new nanny state, even the have a non-motorized watercraft like that, you have to have something like a million-dollar insurance policy to take it out on Sloan lake or any one of the others.

I hope to God I'm wrong about that. But honest to God would not surprise me given this place anymore.

I heard that here in Colorado, the new nanny state, even the have a non-motorized watercraft like that, you have to have something like a million-dollar insurance policy to take it out on Sloan lake or any one of the others.

I hope to God I'm wrong about that. But honest to God would not surprise me given this place anymore.

Probably false, I did not have insurance on my last offshore boat. At least in Texas boat insurance is optional if you are not financing.

Probably false, I did not have insurance on my last offshore boat. At least in Texas boat insurance is optional if you are not financing.

300K min. For motorized.

Crap, I didn't realize Sloan was only 8 ft maximum depth.

That's not a lake, it's a freaking reflecting pool!

Got a few and a canoe on our small fresh water pond on cape cod, it's about a mile long, half a mile wide. Called scargo lake but technically a pond I guess.

Got a few and a canoe on our small fresh water pond on cape cod, it's about a mile long, half a mile wide. Called scargo lake but technically a pond I guess.

Is the lake shaped like a snail?

Is the lake shaped like a snail?

they say it's shaped like a fish... Ya can kinda see it from scargo tower.