Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Will Flacco end as a top 10 QB?

So I drafted Garoppolo and Wentz on the cheap this year. Didn't want to start Garoppolo against the Minnesota Def. who is really good. Also I own Minnesota def. and did not want to pit my Def. against my QB.

So I picked up Flacco and played him. To my suprise he scored 30, which is pretty good in my league. So then he comes out and puts up 35 on Thursday night.

He has a very capable and well-balanced receiving corps.

Baltimore's run game is not good enough to carry that team to any victories.

Their schedule against defenses is not a difficult one as it appears at this time except for Denver next week, and even they gave up 24 points to the hapless Seahawks in week 1.

They have a couple games against Pittsburgh (couldn't even beat the Browns), the Browns, the Raiders, Titans, Saints, Falcons, Bengals...

He also is getting some praise from Raven's beat writers simply on how he looks in practices and the confidence he is showing. They mentioned that with Jackson looking over his shoulder, and now Balt. has some decent receivers, he seems to be rejuvenated.

I think he can do it.

He didn't look very good. Qbs who aren't good have good statistical seasons sometimes. I would say I doubt it

A guy by the name of Blake Bortles comes to mind.

i think he is a good bye week backup.. and if someone is desperate.. a trade chip

Let’s look at the numbers. Last years QB 10 was Dak at 260 points. Now, his stats are hard to transfer since he had rushing to boost them, so let’s look at Brees who was no.9 just 2 points better than Dak. 4334 23 8. Are those figures something Flacco could reach?

Did everyone see how Flacco handnt thrown for over 300 yards since 2016. The Ravens need to be down and he needs to have big throwing volume to reach top 10

Not likely. Double digit interceptions every year of his career, and only two seasons where he either 1) topped 4000 yards, or 2) was on pace for 4000 yards. And it took 40 pass attempts a game for him to do that. Winging it the entire second half last night is about the only time he's looked good with Morningwheg as his OC, and he didn't even look that good. It's just not his way.

Now, if the Ravens defense is as bad as they were last night--and if CJ Mosley is out for any length of time, they just might be--then he'll have some more 50-attempt catch-up games. But I don't think they'll be the norm, and they may also be hard to predict.

Did everyone see how Flacco handnt thrown for over 300 yards since 2016. The Ravens need to be down and he needs to have big throwing volume to reach top 10

I think the Ravens will be down a lot. Pitt X2, They will score a lot. N.O. will score at will. Bengals already showed what they can do on offense against them . The Falcons and Chiefs will put up big numbers on them. My worry is if they go something like 1-4 to start the year, do they start bringing in Jackson?

I think the Ravens will be down a lot. Pitt X2, They will score a lot. N.O. will score at will. Bengals already showed what they can do on offense against them . The Falcons and Chiefs will put up big numbers on them. My worry is if they go something like 1-4 to start the year, do they start bringing in Jackson?

They will. The announcere were already calling him the future of the franchise. Now that is completely assinine. Killing off Flacco for a lesser qb is just plain dumb. Jackson is not going to work in the NFL as a qb because he is an extremely weak pocket passer. It's going to happen since Harbaughs job is in jeopardy and the team will make decisions based on outside pressures.

Let's also be honest about Flaccos receiving core. It isn't that good. John Brown is so overrated. He is so fast, yet he can't consistently get separation. Those were some lucky ass catches. Catches he will not make regularly. Crabtree is a nice possession receiver and red one target. Besides that, he has not had any real play making receiver since Steve Smith. The Balt GM really is a pretty piss poor. Oh and Collins is their lead rb. That shows you a lot about the GMs ability

I'm gonna say no way.

There are a few guys I think will fall out of the top 10 from last year, namely Ryan, Alex Smith and Cousins.

I think Luck, Rodgers, and maybe Dalton find their way back into the top 10.

I don't think Flacco makes that leap.

There's a shot I guess. Any QB who has played several years as a half way decent starter can put up good numbers in a season if he throws the ball a lot and is surrounded by some decent talent,

He could continue to be a reliable fantasy starter for most of the season. Top 10 is a reasonable possibility should things stay the way they are going for Baltimore, no guarantee of course.

However don't be shocked if he doesn't really approach the games he had in the first two the rest of the way either.

The Ravens schedule is somewhat friendly, they play the NFC south the Chiefs, the Raiders. Top Ten isn't out of the question.

Dont think hes ever been in the top ten.

I will say no.

Very good question OP.

Thanks.

I'm gonna say no way.

There are a few guys I think will fall out of the top 10 from last year, namely Ryan, Alex Smith and Cousins.

I think Luck, Rodgers, and maybe Dalton find their way back into the top 10.

I don't think Flacco makes that leap.

I dont think Flacco gets in either. Rodgers is in,as long as he is healthy. Cousins stays, just because of Diggs, theilen, Rudolph, and Cook. Smith is out, Stafford back in, just by volume