Sign in to follow this  
Law

Finding new ways to lose

Last week, I lost when my kicker hurt himself in warm ups. Lost by 1.

This week, I lost when James White ran for some 30 yards and caught 2 passes for 4 yards in the last 60s of the game as both teams just tried to end it quickly. Lost by 2.

I wonder what next week will bring!

All I got was a Rock.

• Like 1

Was 2nd highest score this week, played the guy with highest. I lose by 7 points and Dan Bailey, kicker for the surest thing in football history this week, gets me zero. Of course he does, my bad, should have done more research. I’m sure lots of 17 point favorites get shut out most of the game.

Last week, I lost when my kicker hurt himself in warm ups. Lost by 1.

This week, I lost when James White ran for some 30 yards and caught 2 passes for 4 yards in the last 60s of the game as both teams just tried to end it quickly. Lost by 2.

I wonder what next week will bring!

Wow, reading stuff like this even makes me cringe . I actually would rather lose by 30 than like this. I am so Sorry, Law. Bummer for sure.

Wow, reading stuff like this even makes me cringe . I actually would rather lose by 30 than like this. I am so Sorry, Law. Bummer for sure.

Eh. The regular season is a marathon. The cream usually rises to the top. It's the playoffs that become the mad dash to the finish.

Eh. The regular season is a marathon. The cream usually rises to the top. It's the playoffs that become the mad dash to the finish.

Indeed. Making the playoffs takes management, dedication and research usually. Winning in the playoffs is completely and utterly a coin flip.

• Like 1

A mad dash involving the players you've skillfully put together over the course of the season, giving you better odds because of your skill.

Was 2nd highest score this week, played the guy with highest. I lose by 7 points and Dan Bailey, kicker for the surest thing in football history this week, gets me zero. Of course he does, my bad, should have done more research. Im sure lots of 17 point favorites get shut out most of the game.

Buffalo! :pointstosky:

Indeed. Making the playoffs takes management, dedication and research usually. Winning in the playoffs is completely and utterly a coin flip.

Are you stalking me!??! This seems as if it's a DIRECT quote from me!

I have one league where I have been the highest scoring team for 5 straight years, the #1 seed 4x. I have 1 SB win in those 5 years. I AM the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football!

Are you stalking me!??! This seems as if it's a DIRECT quote from me!

I have one league where I have been the highest scoring team for 5 straight years, the #1 seed 4x. I have 1 SB win in those 5 years. I AM the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football!

No, we just both understand the concepts of variables and how they apply to head to head FF. The make almost every edge gained by research and knowledge irrelevant. The measure of success in FF is scoring, not winning. We have some control over a high scoring season. We have little control over how many wins we get.

We have some control over a high scoring season. We have little control over how many wins we get.

I'm on board here, btw, with just a change of 'little' to 'less' for my preferences. :) But non-HTH leagues are a lot more about skill than HTH leagues are. Completely in agreement.

I'm on board here, btw, with just a change of 'little' to 'less' for my preferences. :) But non-HTH leagues are a lot more about skill than HTH leagues are. Completely in agreement.

Less for sure is the better word. The problem is that alternative standings solutions are just so boring compared to h2h. The competition and trash talking and one upsmanship is what makes FF fun. Multiple people have showed me the 2 games a week thing and that has potential.

Less for sure is the better word. The problem is that alternative standings solutions are just so boring compared to h2h. The competition and trash talking and one upsmanship is what makes FF fun. Multiple people have showed me the 2 games a week thing and that has potential.

Breakdown is the answer.

Ive gotten pretty lucky to win the last 2 weeks. Had Legatron get hurt in warm ups last week. So I pick up Dan Bailey this week. Yea...

Ive gotten pretty lucky to win the last 2 weeks. Had Legatron get hurt in warm ups last week. So I pick up Dan Bailey this week. Yea...

I’m rage dropping Bailey though he will be a good option most weeks.

Also agree. I only play H2H, for those exact reasons :) But yeah. 2 games has potential. If Yahoo could accommodate that so I wouldn't have to do extra work, I'd be all over it.