Sign in to follow this  
bmeadows

Bell - Possible Trade To New NFL Team

I saw yesterday that the Steelers are now looking to trade Bell to a new team. I have him on my bench and would love for him to go somewhere and produce. My thoughts would be Houston, Miami, or Tampa. Where do you think he could land and be productive?

Patriots.

Saw on Twitter that the Jets have reached out to the Steelers about trading for Bell.

Wow. That would be interesting. Would help Darnold develop, if they can get him playing.

Seems to me the Colts make the most sense and they have the draft capital to do it.

But maybe the Jets too.

I see a lot of roadblocks in getting a trade done though - money, long term deal, pick compensation to Pittsburgh.

Seems unlikely. But, I hope it gets done. I'd rather be done with Bell and get something for him rather than nothing.

Trade him to Buffalo, that's what everyone else is doing.

Edit: As a Bell owner, please don't do this.

Definitely not Buffalo. Is Miami not an option? They're RB's aren't doing anything. Patriots would be unbelievable. After the second loss, are the Patriots possible? Lamar Miller isn't doing anything either in Houston. Not a lot of teams need a bellcow these days. The RBBC is more of the norm.

Pittsburg wants something in return for Bell but it can't be much. Other franchises can just wait until 2019 and pay him as a free agent. All they are trading for is the right to pay a large contract to Bell to play X amount of games. Even if a trade got done this week, there would be a physical before it is final and then Lev showing up. Then he has to get in shape and learn some of the offense (as you pay him about a million per week). Hopefully your crown jewel on a massive contract starts around week 5 or 6. You must be in the playoff hunt. Otherwise you are worrying the first few weeks that he is physically ok to play and your not risking a major injury with all the guarantees included in that contract.

Pittsburg wants something in return for Bell but it can't be much. Other franchises can just wait until 2019 and pay him as a free agent. All they are trading for is the right to pay a large contract to Bell to play X amount of games. Even if a trade got done this week, there would be a physical before it is final and then Lev showing up. Then he has to get in shape and learn some of the offense (as you pay him about a million per week). Hopefully your crown jewel on a massive contract starts around week 5 or 6. You must be in the playoff hunt. Otherwise you are worrying the first few weeks that he is physically ok to play and your not risking a major injury with all the guarantees included in that contract.

The biggest obstacle is finding a team that will give them something better than the comp pick when he leaves.

Anybody that offers better than a 3rd rounder will get some play. Fabiano @ NFL mentioned the Seahawks trading Earl Thomas to the Steelers for Bell. As a Steelers fan I would LOVE that. We need a difference maker on defense and Thomas and Edmunds at safety for the Steelers would be kick ass. Ain't gonna happen, but here's hoping.

Until he’s traded, I’m going with the Pats.

Until he’s traded, I’m going with the Pats.

They just drafted an RB in the first round and don’t have the cap room for such a signing even if they wanted to.

Yeah I know.

But some how the Hoody and gang seem to get things done.

I don’t really belive it will happen, but until he’s traded that’s my pick.

Steelers aren't going to trade Bell to a rival like the Pats or in their division. NFC is more likely

NFC doesn't have as many teams with cap space and need for RB. Seattle and SF are about the only 2 with space but Carson/Penny, McKinnon/Breida block that reason. Detroit has some but also Riddick and Johnson taking some cash. Unless they turn KJ back as part of the deal they don't have any extra high round picks however.

Oakland would be interesting. It's still the AFC but it is the west which is basically a crap shoot anyways. They actually have the picks and cap space since they dumped Mack. Lynch is getting old and there is no one else on that depth chart threatening to be an everydown work horse. Certainly would protect your young "franchise" QB if you were crazy Gruden.

Steelers aren't going to trade Bell to a rival like the Pats or in their division. NFC is more likely

Hey don’t ever underestimate the Steelers staff these days.

Do I think it will happen, no.

I really think the Seahawks would be a great fit for Bell.

no way he is in football shape.....hanging in dahh club, on the beach, jet skis ..... partying like a mad man.

Trade? Any team willing to trade for a RB who's proven he'll hold out on them and who's going to demand a King's ransom salary is an idiot.

You don't pay RBs out the ass in today's game, and you damn sure don't give up any picks to get them either.

Trade? Any team willing to trade for a RB who has proven he will hold out on them and who's going to demand a King's ransom salary is an idiot.

You don't pay RBs out the ass in today's game, and you damn sure don't give up any picks to get them either.

The Bears traded for Khalil Mack and that's looking pretty good right now. But I agree with your second point about not paying RBs.

The Bears traded for Khalil Mack and that's looking pretty good right now. But I agree with your second point about not paying RBs.

Not that you're wrong. But the Bears traded for Mack in part because Gruden lost his f*cking mind and basically gave away his best player--one of the best players in the league--for $5 and a handy. You'd almost have to take that deal, whether you were looking for a new player or not.

Not that you're wrong. But the Bears traded for Mack in part because Gruden lost his f*cking mind and basically gave away his best player--one of the best players in the league--for $5 and a handy. You'd almost have to take that deal, whether you were looking for a new player or not.

Two firsts and that huge contract is hardly $5 & a handy bb.

But I'm ecstatic with the results.

QBs and defenses win SBs.......not Rbs.

Huge difference.

Yeah I know.

But some how the Hoody and gang seem to get things done.

I dont really belive it will happen, but until hes traded thats my pick.

You do realize the Pitt would NEVER trade Bell to the Pats?

Two firsts and that huge contract is hardly $5 & a handy bb.

But I'm ecstatic with the results.

Well, first, the Raiders didn't get the huge contract. I'm talking about what the Raiders got in return.

Yeah, two firsts is cheap for Khalil Mack. The guy is, literally, one of the top 3 players in the league right now. No joke. Look at what he's done for the Bears even through 3 weeks. Their offense is terrible, and they are leading the NFC North. No one saw that coming before the Mack trade. It's honestly one of the best incoming trades a team has made in the last two decades, and one of the stupidest outgoing trades. Trade your best player at the start of the prime of his career?

As a Packer fan, I'm terrified of the results :) :(