Sign in to follow this  
ianmidd

Am I Getting Screwed? (Trade timing dispute)

Here's the situation. My league has a 24 hour review period, and players lock at the start of their own game time. The league is on FleaFlicker.

H2H matchup, the opposing team accepts a trade at 4pm on Sunday. The trade is his James Conner and Marvin Jones for AJ Green. Going into Monday night he's leading and has left Conner in his lineup and I have Fitzpatrick.

Because of the 24 hour review period (no vetoes) the trade is processed on Monday at 4pm which removed Conner from his lineup but the other players (Jones and Green) stay on their respective tesms until today because of the roster lock. He did not replace Conner in his lineup after the trade partially processed and took a 0 at his RB2 spot and I win by 7. BTW he left Marvin Jones on the bench and started an RB at FLEX, so he had options to fill a lineup and win the matchup plus Jacquizz, Nix and Ridley were FAs that he didn't pick up and he had an open bench spot going into Monday which he had 4 hours to do so.

He also had Kerryon Johnson on the bench and is now petitioning the commish to retroactively put Kerryon into his lineup and get the win because he says he would have started Kerryon if he would have known he was going to lose Conner before game time.

Here is a direct copy-paste from our gameday trade rules:

Trade Processing
If a trade is made less than 24 hours before game time, you can message the mods to get it pushed through right away.
Game Day: If you want a game-day trade to go through both parties must message the mods asking for it. The message must also include a link to the trade. Sending this message is acceptance that the trade may go through at any time before the first game, and it is your responsibility to adjust your lineup accordingly. If both players do not message the mods, the trade will be completed at the normal ending time.

To my knowledge, neither party to the trade contacted the mods about this trade.

This is BS right?

I didnt read the whole post but it feels like you dont like the rules. But you knew the rules.

Huh? I can tell you didn't read the whole thing.

I'm not the one doing the trading. My opponent is the one who accepted a trade at 4pm on a sunday and is pissed that his Conner got pulled from his lineup on Monday and he lost because Conner hadn't locked because he hadn't played yet. He is now trying to get the commish to retroactively put a benched player in his lineup because he lost.

I'm the one advocating for the rules as they are posted on our league website.

It's a stupid way to process trades. Trades should not go through if any of the players involved are locked. With that said, yeah you're getting screwed. He should be aware of the rules and it's up to him make the necessary adjustments beforehand.

It's a stupid way to process trades. Trades should not go through if any of the players involved are locked. With that said, yeah you're getting screwed. He should be aware of the rules and it's up to him make the necessary adjustments beforehand.

I should also add that he didn't even raise the issue until this morning when he realized he lost (he was leading by 17 and I had Fitzpatrick yet to play before MNF).

I agree that it's a bad situation for both of us. It sucks that he lost that way and I feel kinda sh!tty making a stink about it but at the same time, why accept a trade on Sunday at 4pm without knowing the consequences? Especially if you NEED the player you are trading away this week. Why not just wait until Tuesday?

LOL. I'd have played the guy who would have gotten me the win, honest guys!

Yup, you're getting screwed. There's no trade veto, so the trade is def going to go through. He knows when it was offered and accepted, and should therefore know when it would take effect.

Where Jones and Green were yesterday is moot. It's that he knew Connor would be leaving, and didn't do anything about it. His fault, his tough luck.

But you got to play AJ Green? If so that doesn't seem right.

I don't think he was the other team in the trade. He was playing a guy who was one end of a trade with a 3rd team.

Rules is rules. He clearly did not read or understand them, had he done so he'd have realized Conner would be gone at 4pm Monday and should have made a switch.

Trade stands. Results stand.

Haha!!!

The ole, I would have started this guy, fix my line up, complaint.

That's doozy!

Seen that one tried many times.

Never let it work or else there is no point of setting line ups before the games start.

He's petitioning the commish to make an adjustment, i didn't see where you said the commish is going to accommodate his request. IMO the rules are clearly in your favor. While I agree that this trade never should have been made after any of the players involved had started, the fact that it did occur doesn't change the rules. If he, and you, didn't ask for the trade to go thru expeditiously, then the results should stand.

In 2018, a 24-hour processing time is nonsense. Any league with a living commish that still has it should reconsider their commish.

Trades are simple: if something openly ridiculous comes through, the commish should kill the deal and give the teams a chance to rework the deal. Besides that, trades should process ASAP. Otherwise, it restricts trades and activity, two things that folks clamor for when a league lacks them.

Stepping down from that high horse into this deal, if someone made a trade like that on a Sunday, they are not wise and they deserve to eat zeroes if they didnt take the traded assets out of their lineups. If they had any doubt about when the trade would go through, they could have asked someone. It is 2018. Cell phones and computers exist. Communication is possible and easy for most to achieve when needed.

I don't think he was the other team in the trade. He was playing a guy who was one end of a trade with a 3rd team.

Correct. My opponent was trading with another team.

In 2018, a 24-hour processing time is nonsense. Any league with a living commish that still has it should reconsider their commish.

Trades are simple: if something openly ridiculous comes through, the commish should kill the deal and give the teams a chance to rework the deal. Besides that, trades should process ASAP. Otherwise, it restricts trades and activity, two things that folks clamor for when a league lacks them.

Stepping down from that high horse into this deal, if someone made a trade like that on a Sunday, they are not wise and they deserve to eat zeroes if they didnt take the traded assets out of their lineups. If they had any doubt about when the trade would go through, they could have asked someone. It is 2018. Cell phones and computers exist. Communication is possible and easy for most to achieve when needed.

In the case of my league it's a little more complicated. It's a 4 tier ~1,200 total team redraft league. Each tier has multiple divisions and each division has 4 12-team "leagues". You only play teams in your league. If you win the season you move up a tier next year and the bottom 2 teams are demoted the next year.

The "Commish" is a group of 5-6 people that run the whole thing, there is no individual veto, so the 24 hour period is to give anyone in the league time to notify one of the commissioners of collusion and an investigation to happen.

Been playing in this one for 7 years and this is the first time I've encountered a trade that was partially processed between Sunday - Monday.

https://narffl.com/

UPDATE (If anyone cares)

I didn't get screwed. The commish cited the FAQ on FleaFlicker which says:

WARNING If a trade is processed with a mix of players that have locked for the week and players that have not yet locked, teams may be left with an imbalance for the current week.

So the trade stands as is and I keep my win.

We can all put our pitchforks down.